ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 20 of 21
« First < 101617181920 21 >
Nzoner's Game Room>Does anyone else think we'll be fine?
Titty Meat 06:10 PM 09-26-2021
Offense isnt going to turn it over this much every game and theres some correctable things on defense to make them a top 20 unit. With some winnable games coming up I don't see reason to worry.
[Reply]
Red Dawg 09:28 AM 09-29-2021
Originally Posted by TEX:
The problem is the Chiefs will fall further behind as they figure it out. IMO it's more than simply what you listed. It's also a lack of talent in key areas. Just adequate DL and LB play could go a long way in fixing things. Just don't think the players are on the roster for that.
Bottom line is this. We counted on Clark to bounce back and be good and Jones to be a pass rush force and neither have done that yet. Those things you can't fix during the season. CEH and Hardman are bad 1st and 2nd rounders. RB should have never been the positioned picked and Hardman is just fast. They don't impact winning and losing the game enough. We lose too much at the LOS. That causes teams to lose games and struggle to win. That part of football will never change.
[Reply]
tredadda 09:57 AM 09-29-2021
Originally Posted by Red Dawg:
Bottom line is this. We counted on Clark to bounce back and be good and Jones to be a pass rush force and neither have done that yet. Those things you can't fix during the season. CEH and Hardman are bad 1st and 2nd rounders. RB should have never been the positioned picked and Hardman is just fast. They don't impact winning and losing the game enough. We lose too much at the LOS. That causes teams to lose games and struggle to win. That part of football will never change.
The team had very few glaring weaknesses coming off a SB win. Taking CEH there in hindsight might not have been the best move, but at the time was not a bad one. He was a luxury puck that this team could afford. It's not like we drafted him Top 10. Hardman looks like a fast JAG, but I still believe we got him because of the Tyreek situation. Had that drama not been going on we don't draft Hardman and go in a different route.
[Reply]
Al Czervik 10:02 AM 09-29-2021
Originally Posted by Red Dawg:
Lenny Dawson always said on pregame.....

The game is won in the trenches......How a team does on the line will determine who wins.
This generally is a true statement. Chiefs have been getting their ass kicked on both OL and DL.......
[Reply]
Bugeater 11:43 AM 09-29-2021
OMG I AM FREAKING OUT
[Reply]
Dunerdr 01:57 PM 09-29-2021
Originally Posted by Al Czervik:
Lenny Dawson always said on pregame.....

The game is won in the trenches......How a team does on the line will determine who wins.
This generally is a true statement. Chiefs have been getting their ass kicked on both OL and DL.......
The game is not always won in the trenches, see our super bowl win for reference. Also, see our super bowl loss for an argument against the best.
[Reply]
JohnnyHammersticks 10:15 PM 11-21-2021
Originally Posted by JohnnyHammersticks:
Did everyone forget how bad our defense sucked the first 6 or so games of 2019?

Did you forget how half of CP was saying the same thing then as some of you are saying now?

Did you forget how that defense came together mid-season and aside from some dumb Breeland penalties and a crazy start to the Houston game pretty much dominated most of the rest of the year?

How'd that season turn out?

The doom and gloom after a couple bad games - that we were in right to the end, against good teams - in this place never ceases to amaze.

WBF
Boy there sure were a lot of hot takes in this thread. When will the doubters learn? Did the Super Bowl year not teach you anything?
[Reply]
WilliamTheIrish 10:17 PM 11-21-2021
Originally Posted by petegz28:
We should not have re-signed Jones. He is a pass rusher exclusively and terrible against the run. For the $ we should have moved on. Now we are forced with finding a spot for him. I like Jones but paying him what we are for what he does didn't make a lot of sense. He is not Donald.
:-)
[Reply]
Titty Meat 10:22 PM 11-21-2021
I did not think the defense would play this well. Top 20 is where I said we needed to be not top 10 :-)
[Reply]
Hammock Parties 10:30 PM 11-21-2021
The Chiefs may be in the top half of the league in points allowed by Monday night.
[Reply]
Bearcat 10:32 PM 11-21-2021
At 1-2, I still firmly believed they would clean it up, but was a bit concerned they could be .500 or worse going into November if they didn't beat the Bills and/or Titans.

So, they fucked around.... but, now 4-0 on their quest to win 9 of their last 10 (and at the time, figured that loss would be the Packers or one of the Raiders games). :-)

Originally Posted by Bearcat:
They could realistically win 9 of their last 10, but if the fuck around, they could have a couple more losses by then.

They'll clean it up, the schedule will soften. Maybe they don't get the bye and HFA throughout, but it's not like that's going to be an annual thing.

[Reply]
Pitt Gorilla 10:59 PM 11-21-2021
Originally Posted by petegz28:
We should not have re-signed Jones. He is a pass rusher exclusively and terrible against the run. For the $ we should have moved on. Now we are forced with finding a spot for him. I like Jones but paying him what we are for what he does didn't make a lot of sense. He is not Donald.
Thank God for Chris Jones and the fact that our front office is nowhere near as stupid as this fanbase.
[Reply]
SuperBowl4 12:15 AM 11-22-2021
Originally Posted by Pitt Gorilla:
Thank God for Chris Jones and the fact that our front office is nowhere near as stupid as this fanbase.
I find your comment to be very insulting :-)
[Reply]
Wallcrawler 02:52 AM 11-22-2021
Originally Posted by Pitt Gorilla:
Imagine Chris Jones having this kind of impact on a regular basis, dare I say even a postseason game?

Nights like this justify the contract. Nights like Baltimore encourage facepalms.
[Reply]
suzzer99 03:26 AM 11-22-2021
You mean like getting his hands on 3 passes in SF's last two drives of the Superbowl?
[Reply]
milkshock 03:48 AM 11-22-2021
Originally Posted by Wallcrawler:
Imagine Chris Jones having this kind of impact on a regular basis, dare I say even a postseason game?

Nights like this justify the contract. Nights like Baltimore encourage facepalms.
Buffalo AFCCG?
[Reply]
Page 20 of 21
« First < 101617181920 21 >
Up