« First < 81415161718 1920212228 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>*****The Willie Gay Jr. Thread*****
Dante84 07:30 PM 04-24-2020
More to come!
Spoiler!

[Reply]
CoMoChief 08:02 AM 04-25-2020
Originally Posted by suzzer99:
So to recap - so far we've drafted DJ 2.0, we've drafted a RB who's somewhere between Brian Westbrook and Barry Sanders - so maybe La'Veon Bell? And I guess Willie Roaf 2.0?

Sweet.
SB's forever, dude.
[Reply]
O.city 08:04 AM 04-25-2020
Any way we could condense the thread start posts so we don't have to scroll down so much?
[Reply]
smithandrew051 08:12 AM 04-25-2020
The subtitles on Facebook aren’t working very well. The video of our pick has Goodell saying “The Kansas City Chiefs select really gay linebacker.” Lol
[Reply]
RunKC 08:20 AM 04-25-2020
Reminds me of Chris Jones. Fell for different reasons, but would absolutely be first rd picks if they went back to school another year.

Brett Veach on Willie Gay Jr.: "He ran faster than most of these secondary guys. If this guy comes back to school next year and plays a full season, you're looking at a 1st round pick."

— Nate Taylor (@ByNateTaylor) April 25, 2020

[Reply]
Chris Meck 08:25 AM 04-25-2020
Originally Posted by RunKC:
Reminds me of Chris Jones. Fell for different reasons, but would absolutely be first rd picks if they went back to school another year.

It seems like, and this may just be my perception based on a small sample size-but it seems to me that EVERY kid coming out of Mississippi State is raw and has discipline issues.

Like...it's an SEC school, so they attract good athletes, but don't particularly coach well or have a structured team environment.

They're always "inconsistent" and have some behavioral "red flags", or some fights, or positive drug tests or something. They're all "projects" who have great measurables but will need coaching to reach their potential.

Am I wrong? Does it just seem that way?
[Reply]
smithandrew051 08:29 AM 04-25-2020
Originally Posted by Chris Meck:
It seems like, and this may just be my perception based on a small sample size-but it seems to me that EVERY kid coming out of Mississippi State is raw and has discipline issues.

Like...it's an SEC school, so they attract good athletes, but don't particularly coach well or have a structured team environment.

They're always "inconsistent" and have some behavioral "red flags", or some fights, or positive drug tests or something. They're all "projects" who have great measurables but will need coaching to reach their potential.

Am I wrong? Does it just seem that way?
Fletcher Cox is probably the exception. He was pretty highly rated on everyone’s board.
[Reply]
farmerchief 08:42 AM 04-25-2020
Originally Posted by mdchiefsfan:
The game against Alabama in the OP has me fairly concerned.

- Lots of hunting for the play and abandoning his gaps.

- Isn’t around the ball nearly as much as he should be.

- seems to move with a purpose, but for the sake of appearing to move with a purpose.

Im a bit skeptical of his ability to read a play and react. Am I off base with this?
From what Ive read, this is House and Spags guy they wanted for upgrade at Linebacker. If you are not "off base" with your concern, then I believe you are underpayed at your current occupation, and should get your name out there for teams that need Defensive Coordinators and Linebacker coaches. :-)
[Reply]
Skyy God 08:56 AM 04-25-2020
Originally Posted by Prison Bitch:
PLEASE TAKE UP A COLLECTION TO BUY ME A GAY JERSEY
Always suspected you were a poor.
[Reply]
staylor26 08:58 AM 04-25-2020
I love this fucking pick!!!!!
[Reply]
Skyy God 09:03 AM 04-25-2020
Originally Posted by Cosmos:
Don’t know if anyone has noticed....

Our AFC competition is going to be Lamar Jackson and the Ravens for the foreseeable future...

Look at what the Ravens have done, and look at what we have done.

See any similarities?

Ravens Picks
Queen LB
Dobbins RB

Chiefs
Edwards-Helaire RB
Gay LB

These teams are so close..
Not at QB!
[Reply]
dirk digler 09:13 AM 04-25-2020
Originally Posted by Deberg_1990:
Lamar Jackson vs Gay will be really fun to watch.

When I saw clips of him chasing down Kyler Murray I immediately thought we picked him to go against Lamar.
[Reply]
JohnnyHammersticks 09:14 AM 04-25-2020
Total cunt, terrible talent evaluator, hated by everyone....has anyone ever seen kccrow and Scott Pioli in the same room together?
[Reply]
Warrick 09:21 AM 04-25-2020
Originally Posted by dirk digler:
When I saw clips of him chasing down Kyler Murray I immediately thought we picked him to go against Lamar.
Oh yeah, and I can see Deshaun Watson fumbling the ball as well... This kid gets after the QB in a hurry.
[Reply]
Bronco_buster2 09:23 AM 04-25-2020
Originally Posted by mdchiefsfan:
The game against Alabama in the OP has me fairly concerned.

- Lots of hunting for the play and abandoning his gaps.

- Isn’t around the ball nearly as much as he should be.

- seems to move with a purpose, but for the sake of appearing to move with a purpose.

Im a bit skeptical of his ability to read a play and react. Am I off base with this?
I actually thought the same things watching the Bama game. They are definitely concerns of mine as well. I will be interested to see how Spags uses him. His close out speed fits the scheme very well, but what I really like is the amount of ‘attitude’ Veach has added the last couple years. Defense needs that.
[Reply]
MahiMike 09:23 AM 04-25-2020
Originally Posted by Superturtle:
As long as he keeps his violent assholish tendencies aimed at the other team we'll be alright.
That's what all good LBers have.
[Reply]
Page 18 of 49
« First < 81415161718 1920212228 > Last »
Up