ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 76 of 192
« First < 26667273747576 7778798086126176 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>Chiefs Trade for OT Orlando Brown
Dante84 01:00 PM 04-23-2021
developing.

The #Ravens are trading LT Orlando Brown to the #Chiefs, per me and @MikeGarafolo. A new blindside protector for Patrick Mahomes.

— Ian Rapoport (@RapSheet) April 23, 2021

Kansas City is trading its first-round pick Thursday night, along with three other picks in the 2021 and 2022 drafts, to the Baltimore Ravens in exchange for Pro Bowl OT Orlando Brown and one pick in the 2021 draft and another in 2022, per sources.

— Adam Schefter (@AdamSchefter) April 23, 2021

Full details: #Chiefs get:
Orland Brown, 2021 2nd and a 2022 6th rounder
Ravens get: 2021 1st, 3rd, 4th and 20221 5th

— Ian Rapoport (@RapSheet) April 23, 2021

[Reply]
TomBarndtsTwin 10:07 AM 04-26-2021
Originally Posted by htismaqe:
The ONLY reason I dismiss Ward when I talk about the future of the CB group is that I think there's a decent chance the Chiefs let him walk because I think he may end up being fairly expensive. He's definitely a plus corner and I think the market for him will be strong.
Yup. You can't pay everybody.

And with the Chiefs finding a gem in Sneed, liking Fenton in the slot, and Veach seeming to be able to find UDFA CB's out of nowhere, they will likely move on from Ward and not give him the big money contract that he's likely to get from someone else . . . . .
[Reply]
Hoover 10:08 AM 04-26-2021
I also think OBJ gets the benefit of having Thuney next to him. I get that our offense is different than Baltimore, but he has a guard next to him who is a stone cold killer in pass blocking. I can't wait to see it. We've been dumpster diving with the IOL for years.
[Reply]
Pitt Gorilla 10:09 AM 04-26-2021
I love Orlando Brown II, Chiefs, and Breck Kratch.
[Reply]
Chris Meck 10:13 AM 04-26-2021
Originally Posted by Hoover:
I also think OBJ gets the benefit of having Thuney next to him. I get that our offense is different than Baltimore, but he has a guard next to him who is a stone cold killer in pass blocking. I can't wait to see it. We've been dumpster diving with the IOL for years.
I also can't wait to watch Clyde run left.

It's going to look like Priest going left behind Roaf and Waters.
[Reply]
Pitt Gorilla 10:19 AM 04-26-2021
Originally Posted by In58men:
Orlando Brown Jr. has passed his physical, making official his trade to the Chiefs.
Veach: "This guy is a Pro Bowl player with tremendous size, quickness and power. Not only is he physically talented, but he's incredibly bright and will fit in well in our offensive line room."
Makes me wonder why we didn’t try to draft him in 18. I know we were good at the positions, but BPA would have certainly elevated him over clowns like Speaks. Hell, don’t trade up for him and use your other non-Nnadi picks to get Brown.

I know, revisionist history, but you have to think the talent, intelligence, and bloodline were always evident.
[Reply]
TribalElder 10:20 AM 04-26-2021
really think we lucked out big time by not getting trent williams because we landed this champ

Orlando Brown speaks to the media https://t.co/SB6rY9V8Ke

— Kansas City Chiefs (@Chiefs) April 26, 2021

love it

lets go!!!
[Reply]
RealSNR 10:27 AM 04-26-2021
Originally Posted by Pitt Gorilla:
Makes me wonder why we didn’t try to draft him in 18. I know we were good at the positions, but BPA would have certainly elevated him over clowns like Speaks. Hell, don’t trade up for him and use your other non-Nnadi picks to get Brown.

I know, revisionist history, but you have to think the talent, intelligence, and bloodline were always evident.

Fisher and Schwartz had both shown no signs of slowing down in 2018, and we needed some damn defense.

Can you imagine the unholy riot that would have erupted if Veach’s first pick was an OT?
[Reply]
duncan_idaho 10:29 AM 04-26-2021
Playing around with cap numbers, I don't see any way Brown is difficult to re-sign from a $$ standpoint.

June 1 cut - Frank Clark
Cut - Anthony Hitchens
Restructure Patrick Mahomes' roster bonus ($27 million)

Now you're sitting at $75M in cap space in 2022, roughly. I expect them to use some of that on Mathieu (likely in a deal similar to Budda Baker's - around 4/60). They'll end up with 60-65M left. They can apportion some of that to Brown and even front-load some of it if they want. If it's structured to use the franchise number + 4 years of market value, I'd expect it to be somewhere around 5/$105M (17+(22*4)).

They'll end up with - worst case - $40M or so in cap space. I would expect an experienced edge rusher to be their big-ticket expenditure in FA. I'd also expect a Hill extension, but that would likely actually LOWER his 22 cap hit.

Just a fun exercise to work through when everyone thinks the Chiefs are about to be screwed, when - really - they're going to continue to sit in the catbird seat.
[Reply]
wazu 10:29 AM 04-26-2021

Brown on Patrick Mahomes: "I look forward to keeping him clean. He shouldn't have to run around because of me." #Chiefs

— Harold R. Kuntz (@HaroldRKuntz3) April 26, 2021

[Reply]
TEX 10:31 AM 04-26-2021
Originally Posted by TribalElder:
really think we lucked out big time by not getting trent williams because we landed this champ

love it

lets go!!!
Yep. The 49'ers saved us from ourselves. :-)
[Reply]
duncan_idaho 10:31 AM 04-26-2021
Originally Posted by Pitt Gorilla:

Yeah, best-case outlook at that point would have been that he was their swing tackle in 2019, 2020, and 2021 (or a G). With the investments they already had at T and G, it would have been an extreme luxury pick.
[Reply]
TomBarndtsTwin 10:37 AM 04-26-2021
Originally Posted by wazu:

Pure awesomeness.

Although that quote may not endear him to the current group of back-up O-Linemen in the room with him.

Oh well, fuck it. It is what is it. They performed poorly. They deserve to be called out for it.
[Reply]
htismaqe 10:40 AM 04-26-2021
Originally Posted by TomBarndtsTwin:
Pure awesomeness.

Although that quote may not endear him to the current group of back-up O-Linemen in the room with him.

Oh well, fuck it. It is what is it. They performed poorly. They deserve to be called out for it.
Yep.

Championships are the only thing that matters now.

To quote a wise, wise man "if ya ain't first, you're last."
[Reply]
wazu 10:47 AM 04-26-2021
That press conference was impressive. This guy is driven from within and it comes through loud and clear. He's been dreaming his whole life of having this opportunity, and I honestly believe him when he says it's about that dream more than money.
[Reply]
Hoover 11:02 AM 04-26-2021
Originally Posted by TribalElder:

love it

lets go!!!
My God this is a slam dunk.

Him talking about why he wants to play LT and his history with his Dad has me fired up!

Home Fucking Run!
[Reply]
Page 76 of 192
« First < 26667273747576 7778798086126176 > Last »
Up