JohnnyHammersticks 08:57 AM 02-27-2024
Originally Posted by In58men:
Can somebody create a “2024 Free Agency” thread, please. Thanks in advance

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
Done
[Reply]
MahomesMagic 06:21 PM 03-11-2024
Originally Posted by DJ's left nut:
Yup. I put him (back) on ignore last week and STRONGLY suggest everyone else do the same.

He's just a ****ing idiot. He makes people arguing with him speak idiot. He drags every thread down.

The entire Planet needs to put him on ignore and move on.
Good idea, you're on ignore grandpa.
[Reply]
RunKC 06:22 PM 03-11-2024
Originally Posted by OnTheWarpath15:
Yet you're asking for guys that have a limited track record as is, and haven't shown what little they allegedly have in years.

Again, if we wanna dabble in the $1-3M range and cross our fingers, fine.

But spending $8-12M on guys like Mooney and Brown is falling into the same trap we did with MVS and hope that they turn out.

We can hope at a much cheaper price point.
The Chiefs paid a great contract for Juju that was $3 million with a chance to get to $9 million in incentives.

The salary cap has gone up $47 million since 2022 which is crazy. The $3-4 million deals are now inflated to $7-8 million.

It really comes down to cost for Hollywood. If we got Hollywood for what Gabe Davis got paid then I wouldn’t complain at all.

The last thing we want to do is heavily rely on a rookie WR again
[Reply]
DRM08 06:22 PM 03-11-2024
So do we think there will be some news of a Mahomes restructure in the next couple days?
[Reply]
In58men 06:23 PM 03-11-2024

[Reply]
MahomesKnows 06:24 PM 03-11-2024
I like Hollywood but I also wonder what Ridley is going to cost? I'd love to have him on a 3-year deal
[Reply]
JohnnyHammersticks 06:24 PM 03-11-2024
Originally Posted by MAHOMO 4 LIFE!:
Tried telling everyone that our reciever will come from the draft
You mean to tell me that the Kansas City Chiefs are drafting a WR this year???? WOW!!! This is the type of cutting-edge info that makes this place so awesome! Literally not one single person has speculated that we might take a position of extreme need in a draft that's loaded with that exact position.

I'm sending your resume to Mike Florio. He could use a guy with the connections that you obviously have.

Keep those scoops coming, and thanks for posting! :-)
[Reply]
MahomesMagic 06:27 PM 03-11-2024
Originally Posted by In58men:

That's a good signing.

He was much better than Howell last year and could help mentor their high QB draft pick.

One of the better backups.
[Reply]
Megatron96 06:28 PM 03-11-2024
Originally Posted by MahomesMagic:
That's fine.

I prefer Ridley and Hollywood to Mooney, by a bit.

My issue is I don't want to see another offseason where we add no one good and then cross our fingers that a rookie is the answer.

Our hit rate on the drafted WRs before Rice was awful.

Ridley has some red flags as well for me, but yeah, I'd rather have him than the other two.

And I wholeheartedly agree with your second sentence. Do not want to be in that situation again.

I don't know if I'd go along with "awful," but not great covers it pretty well.

Hoping Veach does what he did with the OL and the defense and just fixes the WR room by bringing in a brand-name credentialed WR AND drafts a great rookie WR prospect. Or two. Just as long as he stops dicking around with meh FAs and long-shot draftees.
[Reply]
DJ's left nut 06:28 PM 03-11-2024
Yet you're asking for guys that have a limited track record as is, and haven't shown what little they allegedly have in years.

Again, if we wanna dabble in the $1-3M range and cross our fingers, fine.

But spending $8-12M on guys like Mooney and Brown is falling into the same trap we did with MVS and hope that they turn out.

We can hope at a much cheaper price point.
MVS has never had as deep a tool box as Brown. Now has Brown consistently showcased those tools? No, not at all. But he's also never had a pass first QB it an offense built around advanced passing concepts (he's always been hamstrung by 1 read QBs so the OCs can't really be that creative).

So as a consequence if a team is dedicated to stopping him, they will. Their OCs and QBs keep him from being used in a very creative way.

He is by no means a sure thing. But I do think he could overperform a mid-tier deal.
[Reply]
Chris Meck 06:29 PM 03-11-2024
300 yards for $9M is not *fine*, contractually.

We paid him $18M for 100 yards over 2 seasons.

And some want to do it again with Mooney or Brown.
What? No.
[Reply]
OnTheWarpath15 06:29 PM 03-11-2024
Originally Posted by MahomesKnows:
I like Hollywood but I also wonder what Ridley is going to cost? I'd love to have him on a 3-year deal
I'm somewhere between "he'd rape faces here" and worried because he's 29 and looked disinterested at times last year. (yet still put up 1000 yards)

The talent is there, no doubt - and he's only had one poor year and it was because he missed 10+ games injured. Otherwise, he'd performed every year.

Has a hellluva lot less risk than Mooney or Brown, that's for sure.
[Reply]
MahomesMagic 06:30 PM 03-11-2024
Originally Posted by Megatron96:
Ridley has some red flags as well for me, but yeah, I'd rather have him than the other two.

And I wholeheartedly agree with your second sentence. Do not want to be in that situation again.

I don't know if I'd go along with "awful," but not great covers it pretty well.

Hoping Veach does what he did with the OL and the defense and just fixes the WR room by bringing in a brand-name credentialed WR AND drafts a great rookie WR prospect. Or two. Just as long as he stops dicking around with meh FAs and long-shot draftees.
When you find yourself pining for Pringle, DRob, or Conley.....

I really hope that was rock bottom.
[Reply]
DJ's left nut 06:30 PM 03-11-2024
We're likely trading an all-world CB because of $$$.

If we spend half of what we'd need to keep LJ on some slapdick WR, that's fucking negligent.

At least put that money to good use.
The draft capital we'd get back for Sneed is absolutely relevant in that calculus.
[Reply]
RunKC 06:30 PM 03-11-2024
Originally Posted by duncan_idaho:
I wouldn’t describe it as desperation. It’s moderate interest and dedication to taking multiple routes to improvement.

Draft a guy, sure. Sign a WR or 2 in FA who fits at a rate that is reasonable.

What put the Chiefs in a bad spot last year was multiple guys failing. Valdes-Scantling stepped back. Moore didn’t progress. Toney did not perform. If even one of those guys just meets basic expectations the situation is very different.
I think this strong WR class really benefits us. It’s pushing WR down in price.

Justin Watson was on a PS when we got him. MVS wasn’t ever a top 2 WR in his career. Neither was Richie.

Guys like Tyler Boyd, Curtis Samuel and Hollywood Brown are way better role players and if we can get them for a cheaper price then I’d say go for it.

Mooney is like what we had last year. He would probably be a cheap secondary option in the $3 million price range IMO. But that’s fine for the price due to scheme fit.
[Reply]
MahomesMagic 06:33 PM 03-11-2024
I'm somewhere between "he'd rape faces here" and worried because he's 29 and looked disinterested at times last year. (yet still put up 1000 yards)

The talent is there, no doubt - and he's only had one poor year and it was because he missed 10+ games injured. Otherwise, he'd performed every year.

Has a hellluva lot less risk than Mooney or Brown, that's for sure.
If you had just said I want to spend more $$$ on offense you would have sold me.

I'm always going to want elite offense.

I just think there needs to be a plan beyond Ridley who I would value above the others slightly because Ridley is a low end #1 WR.
[Reply]
Page 110 of 360
« First < 1060100106107108109110 111112113114120160210 > Last »
Up