ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 3365 of 3903
« First < 2365286532653315335533613362336333643365 33663367336833693375341534653865 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>***NON-POLITICAL COVID-19 Discussion Thread***
JakeF 10:28 PM 02-26-2020
A couple of reminders...

Originally Posted by Bwana:
Once again, don't come in this thread with some kind of political agenda, or you will be shown the door. If you want to go that route, there is a thread about this in DC.
Originally Posted by Dartgod:
People, there is a lot of good information in this thread, let's try to keep the petty bickering to a minimum.

We all have varying opinions about the impact of this, the numbers, etc. We will all never agree with each other. But we can all keep it civil.

Thanks!

Click here for the original OP:

Spoiler!

[Reply]
Marcellus 10:15 AM 12-30-2020
Originally Posted by dirk digler:
It is 93% and Dr. Fauci said we may need to be close to what we do for measles to stop covid.
Oh shit now you have done it.
[Reply]
dirk digler 10:17 AM 12-30-2020
Originally Posted by Marcellus:
Oh shit now you have done it.

This thread needs some juice lol :-)
[Reply]
Donger 10:17 AM 12-30-2020
Originally Posted by MahomesMagic:
numb nuts

So I am talking to the elderly. Got it.

No, because the relevant point was that someone responsible for the vaccine rollout stated HERSELF that she voted against prioritizing vaccines for the nursing homes because it might hurt the vaccine safety perception in the general public.

She stated that protecting the vaccine's reputation was more important than reducing deaths NOW.

Why does this fact bother you so much you changed the subject? I just thought it showed why we might be having problems with this rollout as saving lives can take a backseat to other agendas that others have.
I see the crayons are needed. Okay.

This thread is supposed to be politics-free. You chose to post a tweet that was overtly political. See, you can tell because it openly and clearly mentioned politics. I even bolded it for you. And it's something you've done repeatedly.

So, again, please stop. Thanks.
[Reply]
O.city 10:17 AM 12-30-2020
The reason the measles is so high is it’s Ro is so high. SARS cov 2 is no where near that

I’m not sure what he’s basing that on
[Reply]
Donger 10:18 AM 12-30-2020
Originally Posted by dirk digler:
It is 93% and Dr. Fauci said we may need to be close to what we do for measles to stop covid.
Right, but he also said that he'd bet that SARS-CoV-2 isn't close to being as contagious as measles (paraphrasing).
[Reply]
kgrund 10:20 AM 12-30-2020
Originally Posted by Donger:
Have not all cases confirmed via PCR been infected with SARS-CoV-2, despite the "issues" with said test?
OK. Not going down this road with you as it has been widely discussed in the past. It is curious that the NYT finally is recognizing the amount of cycles that a PCR test has to go through to get a positive is a critical piece of information in assessing the severity of the infection or if the "infected" is of any concern. Like most all things the NYT has recently "discovered", this has been widely known for months.
[Reply]
MahomesMagic 10:26 AM 12-30-2020
I see the crayons are needed. Okay.

This thread is supposed to be politics-free. You chose to post a tweet that was overtly political. See, you can tell because it openly and clearly mentioned politics. I even bolded it for you. And it's something you've done repeatedly.

So, again, please stop. Thanks.
Well, at first I thought you had a learning disability but now your "numb nuts" insult indicated your advanced age. You're old and you're scared.

I get that. And by the way, you should get your vaccine first. That's my position.
[Reply]
Donger 10:29 AM 12-30-2020
Originally Posted by MahomesMagic:
Well, at first I thought you had a learning disability but now your "numb nuts" insult indicated your advanced age. You're old and you're scared.

I get that. And by the way, you should get your vaccine first. That's my position.

[Reply]
dirk digler 10:32 AM 12-30-2020
Originally Posted by O.city:
The reason the measles is so high is it’s Ro is so high. SARS cov 2 is no where near that

I’m not sure what he’s basing that on
Right, but he also said that he'd bet that SARS-CoV-2 isn't close to being as contagious as measles (paraphrasing).
I don't know either O.City and he said that before we learned about these 2 new strains that seem to spread more quickly.
[Reply]
BigRedChief 10:36 AM 12-30-2020
I’m hearing from my old work buddies that there is a nationwide oxygen shortage. That some are already rationing O2. Seems like a big deal to me but heard nothing about this in the media.
[Reply]
Marcellus 10:42 AM 12-30-2020
Nothing gives you confidence in the guy in charge of the pandemic than him saying things like -

"I would bet Covid isn't close to being as contagious as the measles".

I mean who can argue with that kind of hard hitting science?
[Reply]
Donger 10:51 AM 12-30-2020
Originally Posted by Marcellus:
Nothing gives you confidence in the guy in charge of the pandemic than him saying things like -

"I would bet Covid isn't close to being as contagious as the measles".

I mean who can argue with that kind of hard hitting science?
Well, yes. Measles has an R0 of 15. It's one of the most contagious viruses out there. It's pretty clear that COVID-19 is much lower than that.
[Reply]
O.city 11:01 AM 12-30-2020
Well change of plans, looks like I may be able to get vaccinated tomorrow
[Reply]
Marcellus 11:07 AM 12-30-2020
Well, yes. Measles has an R0 of 15. It's one of the most contagious viruses out there. It's pretty clear that COVID-19 is much lower than that.

[Reply]
Marcellus 11:08 AM 12-30-2020
Originally Posted by O.city:
Well change of plans, looks like I may be able to get vaccinated tomorrow
Let us know how it goes, my ex is one of the lucky few who got all the symptoms of covid from it.
[Reply]
Page 3365 of 3903
« First < 2365286532653315335533613362336333643365 33663367336833693375341534653865 > Last »
Up