ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 16 of 20
« First < 61213141516 17181920 >
Nzoner's Game Room>Melvin Ingram visiting Chiefs
Dunerdr 03:14 AM 03-25-2021
Seems like Veach has a number on these guys who are just role players and hes staying steady.
[Reply]
BossChief 06:59 AM 03-25-2021
I think a lot of us overvalued Eric Fisher while he was here. He was a solid LT, but if we’re being honest with ourselves a guy like Okung is probably an upgrade (when healthy) and a guy like Villanueva is probably a lateral move.

There are 3-5 OTs in this class that can be better than Fisher fairly soon, too. Maybe even right away.

I think we will upgrade the LT spot (considering he will be playing next to Thuney) with whatever direction we choose to go. Especially considering Fisher has missed 9 games the last 2 years and will miss considerable time this year with the torn Achilles.

Even if that direction is a rookie.
[Reply]
htismaqe 07:57 AM 03-25-2021
Originally Posted by BossChief:
I think a lot of us overvalued Eric Fisher while he was here. He was a solid LT, but if we’re being honest with ourselves a guy like Okung is probably an upgrade (when healthy) and a guy like Villanueva is probably a lateral move.

There are 3-5 OTs in this class that can be better than Fisher fairly soon, too. Maybe even right away.

I think we will upgrade the LT spot (considering he will be playing next to Thuney) with whatever direction we choose to go. Especially considering Fisher has missed 9 games the last 2 years and will miss considerable time this year with the torn Achilles.

Even if that direction is a rookie.
Exactly.
[Reply]
RunKC 08:02 AM 03-25-2021
Fisher will always be one of the most underrated draft picks in team history. It sucks that the guy was shit on bc he was the 1st overall pick in one of the worst drafts ever, but he was solid for years. He was key to helping us win the Super Bowl.

Wasp does not happen without Fisher blocking Bosa out of the play.
[Reply]
htismaqe 08:03 AM 03-25-2021
Originally Posted by RunKC:
Fisher will always be one of the most underrated draft picks in team history. It sucks that the guy was shit on bc he was the 1st overall pick in one of the worst drafts ever, but he was solid for years. He was key to helping us win the Super Bowl.

Wasp does not happen without Fisher blocking Bosa out of the play.
Fisher was solid. Not terrible, not elite.

We can certainly do better. We could also do worse.

That's the truth of it.
[Reply]
kccrow 07:46 PM 03-25-2021
Originally Posted by htismaqe:
Fisher was solid. Not terrible, not elite.

We can certainly do better. We could also do worse.

That's the truth of it.
Better than solid. Maybe not elite, but much closer to it than not. Definitely a long way from terrible.

This place has criminally underrated Fisher since day 1.
[Reply]
MAHOMO 4 LIFE! 07:56 PM 03-25-2021
Mahomes has a career losing record without Fisher. That should tell you everything you need to know
[Reply]
Dante84 09:46 PM 04-30-2021
Alright, let's go ahead and bring him in.
[Reply]
UChieffyBugger 09:49 PM 04-30-2021
Houston, Ingram and Kerrigan all out there...one of them would have a bigger impact on our present chances than most of the rookies In this class so I'm not too bothered tbh.
[Reply]
tredadda 10:11 PM 04-30-2021
Originally Posted by UChieffyBugger:
Houston, Ingram and Kerrigan all out there...one of them would have a bigger impact on our present chances than most of the rookies In this class so I'm not too bothered tbh.
I would be shocked if Houston came back to KC. He didn't leave on the best of terms.
[Reply]
UChieffyBugger 10:36 PM 04-30-2021
Originally Posted by tredadda:
I would be shocked if Houston came back to KC. He didn't leave on the best of terms.
Neither did Hudson and yet Veach was in for him so who knows?? If Justin is on the street he'd be a fool not to come home and mend some fences.
[Reply]
tredadda 09:24 AM 05-01-2021
Neither did Hudson and yet Veach was in for him so who knows?? If Justin is on the street he'd be a fool not to come home and mend some fences.
Far different management when Hudson left. Houston was part of the terrible 2018 defense that was overhauled. If I remember correctly he was asked to take a pay cut, refused and then got cut.

Don't get me wrong, I wouldn't mind a reunion, just not sure how realistic that would be.
[Reply]
GloucesterChief 09:27 AM 05-01-2021
There will be cuts after the draft so probably seeing what shakes out.
[Reply]
TEX 10:33 AM 05-01-2021
Originally Posted by tredadda:
Far different management when Hudson left. Houston was part of the terrible 2018 defense that was overhauled. If I remember correctly he was asked to take a pay cut, refused and then got cut.

Don't get me wrong, I wouldn't mind a reunion, just not sure how realistic that would be.
**** Justin Houston with a CAPITAL F!
[Reply]
Halfcan 05:01 PM 05-01-2021
Houston would look good coming back and wearing Red. I doubt his massive ego would let him, but if he wants to win some SB's-this would be his best option.

2 year 10 million- plus incentives. Take it leave it, traitor.
[Reply]
Page 16 of 20
« First < 61213141516 17181920 >
Up