ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 5 of 9
< 12345 6789 >
Saccopoo Memorial Draft Forum>DT Thread
RunKC 11:42 AM 02-07-2024
This is a pretty solid DT class with some talent we could use.

Jer’Zhan Newton
Byron Murphy
T'Vondre Sweat
Maason Smith
Kris Jenkins
Michael Hall Jr
Leonard Taylor
Brandon Fiske
Darius Robinson

Which ones do you think fit us most?
[Reply]
MahomesMagic 12:42 AM 02-23-2024
I like Sweat.

Would take him if available and Chris Jones walks.

Would occupy 2 guys and create chaos.
[Reply]
staylor26 10:12 AM 02-23-2024
Originally Posted by MahomesMagic:
I like Sweat.

Would take him if available and Chris Jones walks.

Would occupy 2 guys and create chaos.
You taking him at 32? Because he's not making it to 64...
[Reply]
DJ's left nut 11:19 AM 02-23-2024
Originally Posted by staylor26:
Probably not. I still don't know that it's impossible.

Because you have to project him to get pass rush ability. People did that with Mazi last year and it went poorly. In fact, it goes poorly more often than it doesn't. Even a guy like Saunders took 4 years to get anything on that front.

I think you're probably right. But I'm not positive of it. A guy like Sweat or Murphy that comes out of the draft with more obvious pass rush chops is unlikely to get to 2nd but there have been enough of these really big, really quick guys who never really develop into anything more than a run-stuffer that I wouldn't be shocked to see him at 64.
[Reply]
MahomesMagic 11:46 AM 02-23-2024
Originally Posted by staylor26:
Only if Chris Jones walks would I consider it but he is a 1st round talent and would be a valuable player here.
[Reply]
Oxford 05:50 PM 02-28-2024
Darius Robinson, was being interviewed on XM radio this am. Was very impressed on how he handled the questions, Charlie Weiss was very impressed with him.
[Reply]
MahomesMagic 06:37 PM 02-28-2024
Originally Posted by Oxford:
Darius Robinson, was being interviewed on XM radio this am. Was very impressed on how he handled the questions, Charlie Weiss was very impressed with him.
Yeah, unfortunately Robinson probably long gone.
[Reply]
Couch-Potato 05:49 AM 02-29-2024
Saw someone at PFF predict Robinson could end up going top 15 by the end of the draft process!?
[Reply]
ChiefsFanatic 06:31 AM 02-29-2024
Originally Posted by Couch-Potato:
Saw someone at PFF predict Robinson could end up going top 15 by the end of the draft process!?
Were they anticipating big numbers from the combine?

I did hear the NFL network podcast say that all the scouts couldn't stop talking about him at the Senior Bowl. His performance there probably put him into the late 1st round.

But, some great numbers from the combine could easily move him up into top half. I mean, the kid looks like a freak, so I am actually expecting him to tear it up.
[Reply]
kccrow 06:45 AM 02-29-2024
Originally Posted by DJ's left nut:
Yeesh.

Meanwhile I hear "Jones fractures" and cringe. Hard.

Those are scary for a 300 lb dude. And something caused them; that's not typically just bad luck.

Love the player but that worries the hell out of me.
Not worried. Based on things I've read, so long as there is screw fixation and at least 10 weeks of recovery time, there is usually complete healing and especially so if it were a clean break. There was a study done a decade ago on them and the highest prevalence in draftable prospects was in defensive lineman. Something like 25% of all cases and there were quite a few.

Honestly, I think it has a biggest impact on RBs during the second half of their careers. Anyhow, I don't think it should be something that makes you cringe.
[Reply]
staylor26 12:10 PM 02-29-2024
If he falls to us, run to the podium.

Byron Murphy II
10 1/4 hand
32 3/8 arm
77 1/8 wing

— Daniel Jeremiah (@MoveTheSticks) February 29, 2024

[Reply]
iSavedLatin 12:13 PM 02-29-2024
Does Brandon Dorlus not look like a prototypical defensive lineman in a Spags system? At 290, he can play all up and down the line, has good production, and is still just 22.
[Reply]
staylor26 12:15 PM 02-29-2024
Originally Posted by iSavedLatin:
Does Brandon Dorlus not look like a prototypical defensive lineman in a Spags system? At 290, he can play all up and down the line, has good production, and is still just 22.
Yea, big fan and on my short list for 64.
[Reply]
Couch-Potato 12:20 PM 02-29-2024
Originally Posted by ChiefsFanatic:
Were they anticipating big numbers from the combine?

I did hear the NFL network podcast say that all the scouts couldn't stop talking about him at the Senior Bowl. His performance there probably put him into the late 1st round.

But, some great numbers from the combine could easily move him up into top half. I mean, the kid looks like a freak, so I am actually expecting him to tear it up.
Precisely. He's likely to exceed expectations at the combine and get some additional attention apparently.

He is absolutely a prototypical spags DL IMO and would be a perfect Omenihu replacement, although it would have worked out better if Omenihu were healthy for 1 more year to play ahead of him I think.
[Reply]
Couch-Potato 12:21 PM 02-29-2024
Biggest question mark on the entire team is what to make of FAU?

Is he going to play this year? Is he a guy? a JAG? What's the timeline? Rotation?

What's the deal!?
[Reply]
RunKC 12:25 PM 02-29-2024
Maason Smith
6051 / 306
35 arm / 84 5/8 wing

Woo boy
[Reply]
Page 5 of 9
< 12345 6789 >
Up