View Poll Results: Pay Orlando Brown Jr a 6 yr $145 mil contract
Yes 55 47.41%
No 61 52.59%
Voters: 116. You may not vote on this poll
Page 18 of 343
« First < 81415161718 192021222868118 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>Orlando Brown Projected Contract 6 year $145 mil
dlphg9 08:17 PM 03-28-2022
So there's an article on NFL network saying that Orlando Brown is expected to sign for 6 years $145 mil.

That comes to $24.16 mil/yr and makes him the highest paid offensive lineman in football. It also would give him the 19th highest salary per year in the NFL

How would you feel if that is the contract he ended up signing?

I'm fine with it. He is a top 5 LT and he's only 26 next season. A young great LT is a guy you can't let leave.
[Reply]
-King- 11:53 AM 05-28-2022
Originally Posted by RunKC:
He’s the only LT of the last 5 years to be a quality and be a first rd pick drafted not in the top 15.

One time. In 5 years.

That’s called an outlier
So no matter what we're going to overpay. Either in what we give Orlando or what we give up to trade up. I'd rather overpay trade up for a tackle whose strength is pass blocking and will be here for the next 5 years on a rookie contract than overpay for Orlando for the next 5 years.
[Reply]
Sassy Squatch 12:04 PM 05-28-2022
Yeah, having to go into the offsrason next year with glaring holes at LT and DE sounds like a shit idea when we've got at the very least an above average LT already on the roster.
[Reply]
Hoover 12:12 PM 05-28-2022
Originally Posted by Superturtle:
Yeah, having to go into the offsrason next year with glaring holes at LT and DE sounds like a shit idea when we've got at the very least an above average LT already on the roster.
Ding! End of discussion.
[Reply]
Red Dawg 12:22 PM 05-28-2022
Above average? Brown is below average and ranked that way of the 32. Past 15 is below average he's like 23rd. He's not angiid LT. He sucks.
[Reply]
Sassy Squatch 12:32 PM 05-28-2022
Originally Posted by Red Dawg:
Above average? Brown is below average and ranked that way of the 32. Past 15 is below average he's like 23rd. He's not angiid LT. He sucks.
:-) You do realize that ranking you're quoting is of both LTs and RTs, right?
[Reply]
Sassy Squatch 12:35 PM 05-28-2022
Actually reading through the list, there's at least 10 or so that aren't LTs, so Brown Jr still projects as a borderline top 10 LT according to PFF even with his struggles at times during the season.
[Reply]
duncan_idaho 01:08 PM 05-28-2022
Originally Posted by Superturtle:
Actually reading through the list, there's at least 10 or so that aren't LTs, so Brown Jr still projects as a borderline top 10 LT according to PFF even with his struggles at times during the season.
This.

In a world where an actual shitty tackle like Cam Robinson gets 3/54, an above-average T like Brown is going to be in the low 20s. All about the stucture.

He's not an elite guy, and he is susceptible to the speed rush. But a good speed rush is pretty literally the ONLY way to beat him. You're not going through him. Power move attempts are going to get you clowned.

Like I said yesterday, it's all about the structure. If the sticker price is 6/145, but the actual price is something like 4/90 (with some dead money in year 5 or 6), I have no concerns or problems with the deal.
[Reply]
kccrow 01:31 PM 05-28-2022
Originally Posted by duncan_idaho:
So... where is that line for you? What constitutes a "top" LT contract?
The line for me with Orlando is at the 18 per that Jake Matthews and Kolton Miller were recently extended for.

Top contract values are at about 23 per. I'd consider anything over 20 a bad deal.
[Reply]
KChiefs1 01:52 PM 05-28-2022
I just hate paying top end money for a good player not a great one.

That’s what the Faiders did with Derek Carr.

It’s a bad position to be in where you need a great player at that position but none are available so you are stuck with a good player but paying them like a great player.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
[Reply]
tredadda 02:05 PM 05-28-2022
Originally Posted by Halfcan:
Yep, thank goodness too- Mahomes only threw for 50 TD's and over 5,000 yards drifting around.
He threw for 5,000 and 50 because our defense was epically bad. It was his first full year starting so teams didn’t have film on his drifting. Even random people on the internet highlighted how Mahomes drifting back became a liability. You can be sure if they could see it DCs, Reid, and Mahomes could see it as well. That played more into why he has reduced that part of his game than Brown struggling with speed rushers.
[Reply]
kccrow 02:13 PM 05-28-2022
Originally Posted by RunKC:
He’s the only LT of the last 5 years to be a quality and be a first rd pick drafted not in the top 15.

One time. In 5 years.

That’s called an outlier
In addition to Darrisaw at 23, Bolles was drafted at 20, Wynn was drafted at 23, Jackson at 18, and Penning this year at 18.

Pretty much every year there's a solid tackle from 16-20.

Considering you should be able to trade OBJ for at least a 2nd, the net spend is likely just the 1st rounder.
[Reply]
tredadda 02:22 PM 05-28-2022
Originally Posted by kccrow:
In addition to Darrisaw at 23, Bolles was drafted at 20, Wynn was drafted at 23, Jackson at 18, and Penning this year at 18.

Considering you should be able to trade OBJ for at least a 2nd, the net spend is likely just the 1st rounder.
Bolles? You mean the guy CP called Mongo who almost lost his job because he was so bad?
[Reply]
duncan_idaho 02:27 PM 05-28-2022
The line for me with Orlando is at the 18 per that Jake Matthews and Kolton Miller were recently extended for.

Top contract values are at about 23 per. I'd consider anything over 20 a bad deal.

Do you think that’s realistic when that’s the amount of money a below average LT just got this off-season on a multi-year deal?

18/year now buys Cam Robinson.
[Reply]
Sassy Squatch 02:33 PM 05-28-2022

Wow. There's a lot of shit on that list. It took Bolles to his 4th season to finally break out and not be a complete bust, Wynn has been injury prone his entire career, only playing in 34 games in 4 seasons, and has been moved from T to G before finally putting together a halfway decent season in 2021 at LT. Jackson was an absolutely horrific LT and needed a switch to G to save his career. If those are your best examples we need to keep Brown at absolutely all costs.
[Reply]
staylor26 02:35 PM 05-28-2022
Originally Posted by duncan_idaho:
Do you think that’s realistic when that’s the amount of money a below average LT just got this off-season on a multi-year deal?

18/year now buys Cam Robinson.
Exactly.

People are just very unrealistic of where the market is right now, and where it will be when the cap goes up.
[Reply]
Page 18 of 343
« First < 81415161718 192021222868118 > Last »
Up