View Poll Results: Pay Orlando Brown Jr a 6 yr $145 mil contract
Yes 55 47.41%
No 61 52.59%
Voters: 116. You may not vote on this poll
Page 108 of 343
« First < 85898104105106107108 109110111112118158208 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>Orlando Brown Projected Contract 6 year $145 mil
dlphg9 08:17 PM 03-28-2022
So there's an article on NFL network saying that Orlando Brown is expected to sign for 6 years $145 mil.

That comes to $24.16 mil/yr and makes him the highest paid offensive lineman in football. It also would give him the 19th highest salary per year in the NFL

How would you feel if that is the contract he ended up signing?

I'm fine with it. He is a top 5 LT and he's only 26 next season. A young great LT is a guy you can't let leave.
[Reply]
TLO 11:23 AM 07-15-2022
Originally Posted by dlphg9:
God damn, some of you ****s are so whiney and toxic its unbelievable. Acting like a scorned lover over a contract negotiation that none of you have any clue about what's actually going on with it.
EAT MY PISS!!!!!
[Reply]
dirk digler 11:23 AM 07-15-2022
Originally Posted by TwistedChief:
**** your nuance. The report said it was going to make him the highest paid LT in the game and he turned it down.

Who cares about the actual reality or money involved when the CP mob wants blood?!

Some of you are such whiny bitches about this stuff. I love this narrative that he's more likely to show up to camp fat and out-of-shape on essentially a 1-year prove it deal than he would if he just signed the multi-year deal with plenty of guaranteed money that the Chiefs offered him.
I doubt he will show up out of shape but based on his interview a few weeks ago where all but threatened to hold out there is some reason to be concerned.

We will know in a couple of weeks.
[Reply]
tk13 11:25 AM 07-15-2022
Originally Posted by BryanBusby:
I don't think Veach is looking ahead at the position. I think they like OBJ bit they can't reset the market with every player they like.
It's the problem when you have when you're a team good enough to be in 4 straight conference title games. Only so many huge contracts you can give out to good players. It's also why Belichick's probably been one of the few guys to have playoff teams for two decades because he got his QB and if anyone else wanted too much money he shipped them out, no mercy. Feels like Veach is starting to go a little in that direction.
[Reply]
TwistedChief 11:25 AM 07-15-2022
Originally Posted by dirk digler:
I doubt he will show up out of shape but based on his interview a few weeks ago where all but threatened to hold out there is some reason to be concerned.

We will know in a couple of weeks.
Oh, so the thing he said in the middle of contract negotiations to gain some modicum of leverage?

How many players on the tag actually end up holding out?
[Reply]
Dante84 11:26 AM 07-15-2022

In short, Brown would’ve had a deal that effectively paid $18.2 million per year, which ranked eighth among offensive tackles. He was looking for a deal at the top of the market. Minus the dummy year on the back end of the deal, the #Chiefs didn’t offer that.

— Mike Garafolo (@MikeGarafolo) July 15, 2022

[Reply]
TwistedChief 11:27 AM 07-15-2022
Originally Posted by Dante84:
Oh, good. Now we can go back to only hating Frank Clark.
[Reply]
ChiTown 11:28 AM 07-15-2022
Originally Posted by Dante84:
That actually sounds like a pretty fair offer by the Chiefs.
[Reply]
Hoover 11:30 AM 07-15-2022
Originally Posted by Razaele:
Brown thinks he can get more money on the open market next year. If he plays like Trent Williams this year, he will. If he plays like last year, he won't.

He's betting on himself and assuming a large amount of risk. I respect it in a sense, while also thinking it's foolish to gamble a big pile money trying to increase the size pile by just a little.
He can be tagged again for 20M, which is basically the going rate.
[Reply]
KChiefs1 11:35 AM 07-15-2022

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
[Reply]
Iconic 11:36 AM 07-15-2022
sounds like veach was protecting the team, wanted to ensure some safe outs to avoid being handcuffed. orlando is just smart enough to want more security from those potential outs. he's also very confident and ballsy. clearly thinks he can play well enough this season for a team to pay him a contract that fits his terms.

no ones at fault here really so idk why some of you are hurling insults at orlando. just the nature of the business. plus there's still a scenario in all of this where he ends up being a long term chief so i guess we'll see how it all plays out.
[Reply]
Titty Meat 11:36 AM 07-15-2022
Originally Posted by KChiefs1:

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
https://www.nfl.com/news/chiefs-acqu...de-with-ravens
[Reply]
Tribal Warfare 11:39 AM 07-15-2022
My "meaningless take" was correct.

Oh yes I was correct
[Reply]
ChiTown 11:40 AM 07-15-2022
Originally Posted by Iconic:
sounds like veach was protecting the team, wanted to ensure some safe outs to avoid being handcuffed. orlando is just smart enough to want more security from those potential outs. he's also very confident and ballsy. clearly thinks he can play well enough this season for a team to pay him a contract that fits his terms.

no ones at fault here really so idk why some of you are hurling insults at orlando. just the nature of the business. plus there's still a scenario in all of this where he ends up being a long term chief so i guess we'll see how it all plays out.
I don't fault any player for trying to get paid. It's a business with a short shelf life, so it's exactly what they should be doing. If Zeus thinks he can bankroll a better deal after this season, then more power to him.
[Reply]
JohnnyHammersticks 11:40 AM 07-15-2022
Originally Posted by -King-:
It's time to start the Chris Long hype train up again.
Originally Posted by Razaele:
Jake Long was deserving of the "hype" based on his collegiate career and pedigree, and he was living up to it with Miami for 3-4 seasons...
:-)

It's KYLE Long and he was a pro bowl stud for the BEARS for years.

This place gets more and more stupid by the day. We really need to start implementing some minimum IQ requirements, at least to be able to post.
[Reply]
dirk digler 11:43 AM 07-15-2022
Originally Posted by TwistedChief:
Oh, so the thing he said in the middle of contract negotiations to gain some modicum of leverage?

How many players on the tag actually end up holding out?
very few and when I mean hold out I don't mean all season. Let' see if he signs his tender quickly and reports to camp on time.
[Reply]
Page 108 of 343
« First < 85898104105106107108 109110111112118158208 > Last »
Up