ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 2203 of 2688
« First < 1203170321032153219321992200220122022203 2204220522062207221322532303 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>*****The Patrick Mahomes Thread*****
Dante84 07:19 PM 04-27-2017
IT ****ING HAPPENED

OP UPDATE:

Because of all the interest in this thread, I've place all of the video content of Patrick Mahomes II's college career, and draft day goodness into a single post that can be found here. Enjoy!
[Reply]
lcarus 04:42 PM 02-17-2022
I found a photo from a long time ago when Alex Smith couldn't beat the Cover 2. Titled the "cover 2 monster".

[Reply]
tredadda 05:35 PM 02-17-2022
Originally Posted by comochiefsfan:
Herbert 2.?

Stafford 3.?

This guy is smoking all the crack.

Again I ask: What has Justin Herbert done?

The guy has NEVER EVEN MADE THE PLAYOFFS. With a stacked team.

Allen? Fine. Burrow? Sure. Herbert??? GTFO of here.
Why Allen? Outside of one regular season game Allen has never beaten Mahomes. Mahomes puts up better stats than Allen and he has more MVPs and SB MVPs/rings than everyone combined outside Rodgers. It’s just media nonsense.
[Reply]
ThaVirus 07:45 PM 02-17-2022
If they're going to put anyone at or near Mahomes, it'd be either a Rodgers or Allen.

Allen is really fucking good. You say he hasn't beaten Mahomes, but Mahomes also hasn't beaten Brady in the postseason. QBs don't really play each other and they don't have the same OL, WRs, etc.
[Reply]
tredadda 08:05 PM 02-17-2022
Originally Posted by ThaVirus:
If they're going to put anyone at or near Mahomes, it'd be either a Rodgers or Allen.

Allen is really fucking good. You say he hasn't beaten Mahomes, but Mahomes also hasn't beaten Brady in the postseason. QBs don't really play each other and they don't have the same OL, WRs, etc.
Show me one game outside of the regular season this year where Allen has ever outplayed Mahomes. I am not taking anything away from Allen, but he’s not Mahomes. There has yet to be a playoff game where Allen has been a better QB than Mahomes. In the 2018 AFCCG, Mahomes was the better QB than Brady. Rodgers I can put above Mahomes (in spite of all his playoff failures). I can’t Allen unless you can make a case for it. Even in the divisional round this year Mahomes made highlight reel plays. Allen kept hitting a WIDE open Davis. It wasn’t like he threaded needles.
[Reply]
Chief3188 05:44 AM 02-18-2022
To put it in simple terms, Allen had less yards, less tds and more interceptions while his team won less games than Mahomes but he did this with a easier schedule than Mahomes had as well.
It’s just fairy tale nonsense to try and list Allen above or equal with Mahomes.
[Reply]
ThaVirus 08:00 AM 02-18-2022
Originally Posted by tredadda:
Show me one game outside of the regular season this year where Allen has ever outplayed Mahomes. I am not taking anything away from Allen, but he’s not Mahomes. There has yet to be a playoff game where Allen has been a better QB than Mahomes. In the 2018 AFCCG, Mahomes was the better QB than Brady. Rodgers I can put above Mahomes (in spite of all his playoff failures). I can’t Allen unless you can make a case for it. Even in the divisional round this year Mahomes made highlight reel plays. Allen kept hitting a WIDE open Davis. It wasn’t like he threaded needles.
Oh, please. Allen went off on us, shitty defense or no. He was also his team's leading rusher and converted multiple 4th downs with his arms and legs.

I'd say Mahomes and Allen were about equal in this year's Divisional Round. Allen was better in KC earlier this year and Mahomes was better the prior two games (2020 AFCCG and @BUF 2020).

Allen is being weighted heavily off his last couple games, which were insane, but that is normal in the NFL. When he's playing his best, he is absolutely one of the best 3 QBs in the league - right up there with Mahomes and Rodgers.

Originally Posted by Chief3188:
To put it in simple terms, Allen had less yards, less tds and more interceptions while his team won less games than Mahomes but he did this with a easier schedule than Mahomes had as well.
It’s just fairy tale nonsense to try and list Allen above or equal with Mahomes.
Allen actually had more total TDs than Mahomes last season, but since you mention it: you believe Brady and Rodgers are both better than Mahomes then? Brady had more yards, more TDs, fewer INTs and a Super Bowl win the last two years and Rodgers had more TDs, fewer INTs and more wins than Mahomes so I guess it'd be fairy tale nonsense to claim Mahomes is superior to either of them..
[Reply]
Chief3188 08:28 AM 02-18-2022
I’m sorry I should have clarified, more PASSING tds. Better completion percentage as well. And again Mahomes had a much harder schedule.

As of now yes Rodgers and Brady are ahead of Mahomes due to longevity and consistency. But please do tell why Allen would be equal? Is it his MVP’s regular season or SB? Nope. Maybe SB wins or even appearances…. again nope.. but maybe because of Allens last 2 years he is equal or better??? How genius? You sure love to fall for fake media hype. They want it to be true as everyone wants to see the king knocked off. They did this with Brady every year too until the last 6-7 years of his career when not even the most extra chromosomed people could make a case with a straight face.
Josh Allen is a better runner and if they played RB your dumbass would have a case
[Reply]
BigRedChief 08:31 AM 02-18-2022
Originally Posted by htismaqe:
:-)

Pass that shit, Sam...
:-) Save the weed for after the show Sam.
[Reply]
RealSNR 08:34 AM 02-18-2022
Oh, please. Allen went off on us, shitty defense or no. He was also his team's leading rusher and converted multiple 4th downs with his arms and legs.

I'd say Mahomes and Allen were about equal in this year's Divisional Round. Allen was better in KC earlier this year and Mahomes was better the prior two games (2020 AFCCG and @BUF 2020).

Allen is being weighted heavily off his last couple games, which were insane, but that is normal in the NFL. When he's playing his best, he is absolutely one of the best 3 QBs in the league - right up there with Mahomes and Rodgers.

Allen actually had more total TDs than Mahomes last season, but since you mention it: you believe Brady and Rodgers are both better than Mahomes then? Brady had more yards, more TDs, fewer INTs and a Super Bowl win the last two years and Rodgers had more TDs, fewer INTs and more wins than Mahomes so I guess it'd be fairy tale nonsense to claim Mahomes is superior to either of them..

Why are you such a bitchcunt? Were you born that way? Did your parents not love you enough or something?
[Reply]
ThaVirus 09:17 AM 02-18-2022
I’m sorry I should have clarified, more PASSING tds. Better completion percentage as well. And again Mahomes had a much harder schedule.

As of now yes Rodgers and Brady are ahead of Mahomes due to longevity and consistency.
Longevity and consistency have nothing to do with it. I'm talking about the last two seasons. Brady and Rodgers put up better numbers than Mahomes both of the last two years. Brady won a Super Bowl (over Mahomes) and Rodgers won two MVPs.

So according to your logic, there is no argument for Mahomes to be the best QB in the league these last couple years.

But please do tell why Allen would be equal? Is it his MVP’s regular season or SB? Nope. Maybe SB wins or even appearances…. again nope.. but maybe because of Allens last 2 years he is equal or better??? How genius? You sure love to fall for fake media hype.
It's simple. I watch the games.

Even if I were just looking at the numbers, Allen had a better year than Mahomes in 2020 so it's a lot closer than you're making it seem.

Josh Allen is a better runner and if they played RB your dumbass would have a case
Do rushing TDs count for less points than passing TDs, you fucking dipshit? This isn't a Lamar Jackson situation where the dude clearly can't throw the football. Comparing their contributions on the ground is 100% valid in this case, as it would be if I were comparing Mahomes to Brady.
[Reply]
AdolfOliverBush 09:34 AM 02-18-2022
Nobody would trade Mahomes for Allen straight up, except for Bills fans. Allen's accuracy turns to shit under pressure, unless DBs are falling down or blowing coverages.

That running shit is cute now, but he'll pay for it sooner, rather than later.
[Reply]
tredadda 09:38 AM 02-18-2022

Oh my. I can’t believe you are trying this argument. I never argued that Allen wasn’t good. I say it again, I never said Allen is not good. And a third time to ensure you understand what I am saying. I never said Allen was not good. I did say that he is not better than Mahomes. Allen played a great game in the divisional round. Mahomes played better and that’s a fact. Allen made plays with his legs, no one is arguing that. But as I mentioned before, a majority of his TDs against us were due to Davis (and only Davis) being WIDE open. If you want to praise that, go for it. I give credit on the bomb to Davis as not many QBs make that throw, but I won’t praise him for hitting a wide open receiver because the defender fell down or due to miscommunication by our secondary who was missing Mathieu. Mahomes simply put on a better performance against a better defense. Just because I say Mahomes is better does not equate to Allen is trash.

Regular season Rodgers was better than Mahomes, hence the two straight MVPs. Playoff Rodgers is not though. Brady did put up better numbers than Mahomes this year because Patrick went through a slump, not arguing that. Is he better at this stage? No. But he did put up great numbers with a more talented offense with an easier schedule.
[Reply]
ThaVirus 10:01 AM 02-18-2022
Oh my. I can’t believe you are trying this argument. I never argued that Allen wasn’t good. I say it again, I never said Allen is not good. And a third time to ensure you understand what I am saying. I never said Allen was not good.
Uh.. OK. I never said you did.

I did say that he is not better than Mahomes. Allen played a great game in the divisional round. Mahomes played better and that’s a fact. Allen made plays with his legs, no one is arguing that. But as I mentioned before, a majority of his TDs against us were due to Davis (and only Davis) being WIDE open. If you want to praise that, go for it. I give credit on the bomb to Davis as not many QBs make that throw, but I won’t praise him for hitting a wide open receiver because the defender fell down or due to miscommunication by our secondary who was missing Mathieu. Mahomes simply put on a better performance against a better defense. Just because I say Mahomes is better does not equate to Allen is trash.
That isn't a fact. At all.

You realize Mahomes' extra possession in OT is tainting your memory of the game? Mahomes added 69 passing yards and 1 passing TD in that period. A period in which Allen didn't get a chance to touch the ball.

Without that extra drive, Mahomes ends up with 309 passing yards to Allen's 329. 2 passing TDs to Allen's 4. 69 rushing yards to Allen's 68. 1 rushing TD to Allen's 0.

Those two QBs were about as equal as you can be in that game.
[Reply]
MahomesMagic 10:04 AM 02-18-2022
Uh.. OK. I never said you did.

That isn't a fact. At all.

You realize Mahomes' extra possession in OT is tainting your memory of the game? Mahomes added 69 passing yards and 1 passing TD in that period. A period in which Allen didn't get a chance to touch the ball.

Without that extra drive, Mahomes ends up with 309 passing yards to Allen's 329. 2 passing TDs to Allen's 4. 69 rushing yards to Allen's 68. 1 rushing TD to Allen's 0.

Those two QBs were about as equal as you can be in that game.
Allen had the benefit of playing against a team with no NFL safeties.

He's not as good as you think he is.
[Reply]
ThaVirus 10:07 AM 02-18-2022
Originally Posted by MahomesMagic:
Allen had the benefit of playing against a team with no NFL safeties.

He's not as good as you think he is.
So we agree that there are extenuating circumstances that need to be taken into account..

How about the fact that Mahomes was playing with a first ballot HoF TE and HoF talent WR1 behind what ended up being one of the better OLs in the league?
[Reply]
Page 2203 of 2688
« First < 1203170321032153219321992200220122022203 2204220522062207221322532303 > Last »
Up