ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 105 of 188
« First < 55595101102103104105 106107108109115155 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>What strains of weed are you currently smoking?
Coochie liquor 06:14 PM 11-07-2014
Since we have a what are you drinking thread, I think we need a what strain are you smoking thread. Hope it's not a Q.

I'll start. I've got 2 kinds currently 1) Cherry Berry, which is a cross between Berry White and Cherry Kush 2) some fire ass Blue Dream. Hard to pick which I like better but leaning towards Cherry Berry. All the Berry White strains I've had are funk!!
[Reply]
Megatron96 07:13 PM 01-15-2021
Originally Posted by eDave:
IF he's getting a card, honestly I'd ask a bud tender. %'s of THC vary. He will want to start with a lower percentage, obviously. Hell, some CBD's out there will buzz you good.

Bud tenders are not Dr's. but are well versed in strains and symptoms and stuff. I'll ask for you, next time I am there and get a bit for him to try. Get stoned with me. It's safe and it's fun.
Originally Posted by RubberSponge:
Just tell him to go with his nose. The nose, knows, man.

Any yay hoo can tell you about this strain or that strain. Indica this, sativa that. THC content, CBD content, whatever.

Really the only thing that matters is terpenes and flavonoids. The rest is just bullshit.
So, what you're saying is to just go with what smells good? And what are 'sativa' and 'indica'? Or, what do they do?
[Reply]
Abba-Dabba 07:13 PM 01-15-2021
Originally Posted by Megatron96:
Okay, but what's considered a 'lower percentage"? 10? 20?

Ha, just read through your last sentence. Thanks, appreciate any info you can come up with.
Again, it's all BS...

What lab tested the strain? What pheno is it? Did the plant have any trouble during cultivation... I can go on and on.

Pay no attention to the bullshit numbers.
[Reply]
Pablo 07:14 PM 01-15-2021
If he goes into a weed shop he'll be able to talk to a budtender and they'll be able to steer him right, show him some different equipment and strains and all that good stuff. Help make sure he's not picking out MindFuck 9000 Turbo, lol.

A couple of strains that work well for me in keeping it light and fun are Lost Tribe and Gelato. These are the most recent ones I've liked enough to keep in rotation.

As far as smoking devices, I keep a one hitter and a little glass bowl for flower, but mostly use a vape pen and cartridges for their convenience and not stinking up the house and having my wife complain. I've bought a bunch of different cheap pens for like $10-15 or so but those fuckers always shit out after a few months. This one is worth the money and apparently on sale:

https://www.exxusvape.com/exxus-snap...ate-vaporizer/

Also if he wants to tippy-toe into the pool, Delta 8 products tout themselves as giving you the body high/relaxation without knocking you out or frying your brain. The only one I bought was Gelato because I like the real strain and it's good just to take the edge off without getting blasted. It's just a change of pace sorta thing, not a replacement for real bud.
[Reply]
Abba-Dabba 07:15 PM 01-15-2021
So, what you're saying is to just go with what smells good? And what are 'sativa' and 'indica'? Or, what do they do?
Yes, If your nose likes it, you more than likely will as well.

Nobody likes weed that smells nasty.

We could as well get into the taxonomy of cannabis, but I do not have all night.

Did you know Robert C. Clarke believes all cannabis is really just cannabis sativa and indica is just a phenotype of sativa?
[Reply]
Megatron96 07:16 PM 01-15-2021
Again, it's all BS...

What lab tested the strain? What pheno is it? Did the plant have any trouble during cultivation... I can go on and on.

Pay no attention to the bullshit numbers.
Cool, thx. Just not having to memorize a bunch of weed terminology, etc. makes this easier for me to relay accurately.
[Reply]
eDave 07:17 PM 01-15-2021
Got a link to that MindFuck 9000 Turbo? Asking for a friend.

Vape pen is the way to go I think. I get way less buzz from my pen than with flower. I also don't look like a dirtbag stoner.
[Reply]
Pablo 07:18 PM 01-15-2021
Not a real thing, but not a bad name eh?
[Reply]
Megatron96 07:19 PM 01-15-2021
Originally Posted by Pablo:
If he goes into a weed shop he'll be able to talk to a budtender and they'll be able to steer him right, show him some different equipment and strains and all that good stuff. Help make sure he's not picking out MindFuck 9000 Turbo, lol.

A couple of strains that work well for me in keeping it light and fun are Lost Tribe and Gelato. These are the most recent ones I've liked enough to keep in rotation.

As far as smoking devices, I keep a one hitter and a little glass bowl for flower, but mostly use a vape pen and cartridges for their convenience and not stinking up the house and having my wife complain. I've bought a bunch of different cheap pens for like $10-15 or so but those fuckers always shit out after a few months. This one is worth the money and apparently on sale:

https://www.exxusvape.com/exxus-snap...ate-vaporizer/

Also if he wants to tippy-toe into the pool, Delta 8 products tout themselves as giving you the body high/relaxation without knocking you out or frying your brain. The only one I bought was Gelato because I like the real strain and it's good just to take the edge off without getting blasted. It's just a change of pace sorta thing, not a replacement for real bud.
Very helpful, thx. yeah, Mindfuck any thousand would be bad, I'm guessing. Mindfuck normally aspirated would probably almost definitely be too much.

They make vape pens for weed? Don't know if he even knows about that.
[Reply]
Megatron96 07:20 PM 01-15-2021

Vape pen is the way to go I think. I get way less buzz from my pen than with flower. I also don't look like a dirtbag stoner.
Don't sell yourself short, Dave. Of course you look like a dirtbag stoner.:-)
[Reply]
Megatron96 07:25 PM 01-15-2021
Yes, If your nose likes it, you more than likely will as well.

Nobody likes weed that smells nasty.

We could as well get into the taxonomy of cannabis, but I do not have all night.

Did you know Robert C. Clarke believes all cannabis is really just cannabis sativa and indica is just a phenotype of sativa?
Thx for the tip. That should make things quite a bit easier for my buddy.

Yeah, appreciate not rolling out a whole spreadsheet explanation; would probably only makes things more confusing.

I didn't know that. I know about as much as my buddy about weed. The last time I smoked weed, there were like four strains or whatever. One of my fishing guides last year started talking about weed (I think all fly-fishing guides are potheads) and for 3 minutes I swear he wasn't speaking in proper English. All I remember was something about "blueberry goosh," or something.
[Reply]
eDave 07:29 PM 01-15-2021
Smell test? I bet Superfunk Cronic Boner Paranoia Inducing Freakout Dorito OG weed smells great but probably not a great idea for a newcomer.

A man his age should smoke joints. It's a good look and everyone will say hey, that guy is smoking a joint. Others will say yea, that makes sense. All will think he's a cool dude. And a man his age won't get hassled by pigs.
[Reply]
eDave 08:50 PM 01-15-2021
Time is a flat circle.
[Reply]
KCUnited 06:53 AM 01-16-2021
Originally Posted by Easy 6:
I bet that is a serious magic sleep potion

Currently gently nursing $60 worth of Jack Herer bud down here
Yeah, I bust them out sparingly when I need a full recharge sleep

I'm mostly an edible guy, but am becoming a fan of Revolution buds here in IL
[Reply]
DawgDays 07:31 AM 01-16-2021
Okay, asking for a friend of mine. He recently retired, so doesn't have to take a drug test ever again. The last time he smoked weed was apparently in college, about 25 years ago? Guessing a little because he's about 6 years younger than I am, I think.

Anyway, he was talking about maybe trying weed again, because he has stomach issues and really can't drink anymore.

So I told him that I knew where there was a repository of expert knowledge that I could tap for him, and here we are.

So, what would be a couple good "beginner" weed strains for basically a straight up newbie? You know, stuff that wouldn't blow the top of his head off, or make him overly paranoid or whatever. No, I have no idea how he'd smoke it; I assume he'd buy a pipe or something. I guess, while we're at it, is there a beginner pipe/smoking apparatus?

Thanks in advance for your expert replies.
First - everybody's experience with MJ is different, so there are no perfect answers. A lot depends on a person's THC sensitivity, and frankly, endocannabinoid system, as to their interpretation and reaction to different strains.

That said, most people will tell you that they have a different reaction to Indica vs Sativa. To me, sensitivity plays a major role and exacerbates both positive and negative reactions. On the extremes... Indica = munchies, couch-lock, zone-out and sleep... Sativa = uplifting, cerebral, creative, slight paranoia.

Short answer: Grab an Indica and Sativa, keep them both between 15-20% THC and experiment. Try to stay away from hybrids the first time to help make decisions. We could go on and on about classic strains, but there are so many that it's very hard to keep up. It reminds me of LSD in the '80s, everyone asking if you tried something that seemingly came and went in the blink of an eye... ("Dude! Try the Double Dip Window Pane!")

Also, not sure if your friend's stomach problems are something he wants to address with MJ, or you're simply saying he wants to stop drinking as much, but MJ may help with that as well. I'm a veteran of chronic kidney stones and MJ has changed my life. Two recommendations -- First, if he's trying to settle pain, don't overdo it by smoking, getting too high may actually make the pain worse. Second, gummies or edibles immediately following moderate smoking may stave off symptoms for quite a while. If possible, I recommend gummies with very high CBD along with THC. I actually make my own.
[Reply]
DawgDays 07:32 AM 01-16-2021
And oh yeah, everyone's always asking for a friend. j/k
:-)
[Reply]
Page 105 of 188
« First < 55595101102103104105 106107108109115155 > Last »
Up