ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 3 of 6
< 123 456 >
Nzoner's Game Room>Report: Matt Nagy will be fired after Thanksgiving game
siberian khatru 10:36 AM 11-23-2021
So he has something in common with turkeys: They're both cooked Thursday.

A Pulitzer-prize winning Chicago reporter, @Konkolskorner, who doesn't regularly cover the Bears, reports that coach Matt Nagy has been told he'll be fired after Thursday's game at Detroit. https://t.co/47b6nzceyW

— ProFootballTalk (@ProFootballTalk) November 23, 2021

[Reply]
staylor26 12:05 PM 11-23-2021
Originally Posted by RunKC:
Some of these guys jump at their first chance bc they don’t feel like it could come again. They see guys like Fangio who had to wait forever and think that could be them if they don’t take the job.

But yeah if I’m a coach I’m not going anywhere without a legit QB.

I bet Nagy will be the Bills OC next year when their current one takes a HC job
Absolutely, but with Andy/Pat there was absolutely no reason to think he wouldn’t get another chance.
[Reply]
Red Dawg 12:06 PM 11-23-2021
He's rich. Never feel sorry for the rich. With that being said, he deserves it.
[Reply]
Rain Man 12:07 PM 11-23-2021
Originally Posted by staylor26:
Perfect example of why maybe you shouldn’t just take the first job offer you get as a 1st time HC. I get that some guys want to strike while they can, but Nagy could’ve stayed in KC and waited for the perfect job if he wanted.

Also, I totally understand him getting fired when he’s an offensive minded coach and the offense has been terrible his entire tenure.
That's a hard thing to do, though. Maybe 6 or 8 jobs open up nationwide each year, with a lot of interested candidates. It's hard to turn down any opportunity.

In my mind, the only justification would be if there's terrible ownership or a strongly entrenched terrible GM. I don't know much about Ryan Pace, but the Bears traditionally haven't been a train wreck of a team from an ownership and management perspective. They've just never drafted a good quarterback for some reason. (And I'm talking about the era since Sid Luckman.)
[Reply]
Red Dawg 12:08 PM 11-23-2021
Originally Posted by Rain Man:
I guess it's nice of them to give him a going-away win by letting him coach against Detroit.
You mean loss. Lions have come very close to winning one. This will be the one.
[Reply]
chiefforlife 12:08 PM 11-23-2021
Absolutely, but with Andy/Pat there was absolutely no reason to think he wouldn’t get another chance.
For sure! Back to back Superbowls he could have had his pick.
[Reply]
PHOG 12:14 PM 11-23-2021
NOT SO FAST!! Nagy just said he has NOT been informed this will be his last game.
[Reply]
staylor26 12:15 PM 11-23-2021
Originally Posted by Rain Man:
That's a hard thing to do, though. Maybe 6 or 8 jobs open up nationwide each year, with a lot of interested candidates. It's hard to turn down any opportunity.

In my mind, the only justification would be if there's terrible ownership or a strongly entrenched terrible GM. I don't know much about Ryan Pace, but the Bears traditionally haven't been a train wreck of a team from an ownership and management perspective. They've just never drafted a good quarterback for some reason. (And I'm talking about the era since Sid Luckman.)
In most situations, yes it obviously would be, but there’s no reason to think he wouldn’t have had more opportunities staying in KC with Pat and Andy.
[Reply]
Chief Pagan 12:23 PM 11-23-2021
Originally Posted by gblowfish:
Nagy ought to show up drunk and shirtless for the game.
Let's see a knee cap biting contest with the Lions' coach.
[Reply]
Molitoth 12:32 PM 11-23-2021
Originally Posted by chiefforlife:
Fields first game with Nagy was the worst Ive seen as far as putting your rookie QB in harms way the entire fucking game. Fields should have sued Nagy for assault and negligence after that game. It was the kind of game that can ruin a young QB. Seriously.
You are funny if you think that Nagy WANTED to put Fields on the field.
He tried the Mahomes approach and the entire fanbase wanted his head for it.
They wanted instant gratification, like most human beings in 2021... and the ownership most likely nudged Nagy to make the move.
[Reply]
KS Smitty 12:34 PM 11-23-2021
Originally Posted by PHOG:
NOT SO FAST!! Nagy just said he has NOT been informed this will be his last game.
But it was reported by a Pulitzer prize winning journalist!
[Reply]
Cheater5 12:52 PM 11-23-2021
What's Nagy supposed to say?

"Uh, yeah. I'm done-zo. Nothing I say or do in this building matters any longer. Wanna know our offensive game plan for Detroit? Me too! lol"
[Reply]
TEX 12:57 PM 11-23-2021
Perfect example of why maybe you shouldn’t just take the first job offer you get as a 1st time HC. I get that some guys want to strike while they can, but Nagy could’ve stayed in KC and waited for the perfect job if he wanted.

Also, I totally understand him getting fired when he’s an offensive minded coach and the offense has been terrible his entire tenure.

Exactly the case.
[Reply]
Gravedigger 12:57 PM 11-23-2021
He should be fired, he's the Bill O'Brien of Reid disciples. He threw up a prayer knowing his last year was coming up at Justin Fields and it didn't pan out. He played with house money, traded capital to get Fields that he won't be around to lament spending like the fan base, team and ownership will have to swallow every game for the rest of this year and at least all of next year. Not to mention strapping another coaching staff to Justin Fields, this could be a David Culley kind of hire for them because no respectable name will take the job, even if it is the Bears, a historic franchise.
[Reply]
JakeF 12:58 PM 11-23-2021
2 other NFL news/rumor guys say that it's not true

Nagy says he hasn't been told, so they have been dicks and told his fired but still has to work.

No telling if they fire him later, might be a leak that just didn't get info exactly right but he's still going to get canned.
[Reply]
wazu 12:58 PM 11-23-2021
Originally Posted by PHOG:
Classic Nagy misdirection. Which QB will start?! Will he be fired later this year, or has that actually already happened?! NOBODY KNOWS. So diabolical. Lions are now having to prepare like 4 different game plans. Genius!
[Reply]
Page 3 of 6
< 123 456 >
Up