ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 13 of 171
« First < 3910111213 141516172363113 > Last »
Media Center>Must Watch Series
Buehler445 08:54 AM 04-26-2012
All this talk about series, how network TV Sucks, and how hard it is to find quality shows, and some excellent shows that fly under the radar, I need a comprehensive review of all the series I need to see.

For good entertainment, I would be willing to buy DVD sets. But I've recently picked up HBOGO by kiping it from my parents, and recently got Netflix and Amazon Prime.

Here is a listing of shows that I currently own or have seen all the episodes of. If it isn't on the list, just assume I haven't seen it.

Spoiler!

Here is a listing of shows that I'm currently watching
Spoiler!

Here is a listing of shows on my list to watch (mostly due to this thread)
Spoiler!

I work a fuckton, so it is hard for me catch a series while it is on to get it on the DVR, but I recognize the entertainment value and am willing to go after the Must See shows. Accordingly, I'm not necessarily looking for anything that is still running. I'm up for watching stuff that has run its course.

So what say you, Planet? Which shows should I see?

UPDATED for the shows I've seen recently.
[Reply]
Frosty 11:32 AM 09-02-2015
Originally Posted by Frosty:
Audience channel on DTV has been showing NYPD Blue commercial free and in order. I missed it when it first came out. I have been enjoying it and am surprised at how much is still relevant.

Spoiler!
This show appears to have fallen apart midway through season 11. It has completely lost focus and most of the likable characters are gone.
[Reply]
Buehler445 03:44 PM 09-02-2015
Originally Posted by Ceej:
Lost is such a mindfuck.
I spoiled that one for myself.
[Reply]
Ceej 04:41 PM 09-02-2015
Originally Posted by Buehler445:
I spoiled that one for myself.
I have no idea what's going on but I can't quit watching.
[Reply]
Buehler445 09:26 PM 09-18-2015
So I caught The Knick on HBOGO. For some reason it's on there. I have no idea why or how long it will last, but it's on there. If you have HBOGO but not cinemax, watch this season. It is really well done. It tried to push the obsession arc a little too quick, but it is really pretty danged good. I wouldn't consider myself a fan of the period, or medical development, but this hooked my ass deep. It's a good watch.
[Reply]
Baby Lee 10:10 AM 09-20-2015
A few new must sees that need more love.

You're the Worst
Another Period
Review with Forrest McNeil
Inside Amy Schumer
Key and Peele
Documentary Now!
Difficult People probably isn't for everyone, but if a show where Larry David wrote Sex and the City sounds appealing, it's pretty good.
[Reply]
SAUTO 05:37 PM 09-20-2015
Documentary now started off slow but the last couple were good
[Reply]
Baby Lee 05:46 PM 09-20-2015
Originally Posted by JASONSAUTO:
Documentary now started off slow but the last couple were good
It's a very inside show. I don't know how familiar people are with the subject matter they're satirizing, and from the other side I don't know how funny the bits are on their own without being familiar with the subject matter.
[Reply]
SAUTO 04:48 PM 09-22-2015
Originally Posted by Baby Lee:
It's a very inside show. I don't know how familiar people are with the subject matter they're satirizing, and from the other side I don't know how funny the bits are on their own without being familiar with the subject matter.
I get that. Thought episode 1was terrible and was glad I caught 3 ,I think it was maybe 4, first.
[Reply]
unlurking 05:43 PM 09-22-2015
Watching episode 2 on the IFC freebie list. Hilarious spoof on Vice. A lot of references require having watched Vice episodes.
[Reply]
NewChief 05:54 PM 09-22-2015
So it's a show satirizing ViceTV? Count me in. I live using Vice in my classes, so it will be fun to use this as well
[Reply]
unlurking 06:16 PM 09-22-2015
Originally Posted by NewChief:
So it's a show satirizing ViceTV? Count me in. I live using Vice in my classes, so it will be fun to use this as well
Don't know. Maybe each episode satirizes a different filmmaker? Only one episode (El Chingon) was available for free without a cable/satellite login. It was hilarious though. Will have to check out the other episodes.

Found episode 1 on youtube. Not a Vice spoof. According to IMDB, "...a parody of/homage to "Grey Gardens" (1975)."

[Reply]
unlurking 09-22-2015, 06:21 PM
This message has been deleted by unlurking.
mr. tegu 08:57 PM 09-22-2015
I liked The Brink on HBO. Also, the History Channel show, Pirate Treasure of the Knights Templar, is really interesting.
[Reply]
Silock 02:14 AM 10-01-2015
You're the Worst is pretty good
[Reply]
NewChief 08:40 AM 10-01-2015
My standards may be low, but I enjoy Empire.
[Reply]
eDave 01:42 AM 10-02-2015
Just caught the first episode of The Grinder. Really good, really funny with an excellent cast. Check it on Fox.

I can't imagine anyone not liking this one.
[Reply]
Page 13 of 171
« First < 3910111213 141516172363113 > Last »
Up