ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 69 of 221
« First < 19596566676869 7071727379119169 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>The Fishing Thread
Easy 6 07:58 PM 02-19-2010
Searched around & only found the video fishing & BassMasters threads, i know their are plenty of outdoorsman here, so i figured it'd be cool to draw upon the Planets vast experience in all things fishing.

I only use spincast reels & fish mostly large/smallmouth bass & cats. My choice of reels is quite the source of derision from many people i know 'duffer gear', but i haul in my share of 6 pound bass & 10-20 pound cats on that gear no problem. With a little know-how you can use just about any technique you want to on 'duffer gear'.

Berkley Powerbaits are a big part of my trick bag, the difference between those & regular stuff is night & day. My best action last summer came on Mister Twister scented white curly tail grubs, on one day fishing from shore to a bridge pier, i caught smallies, bigmouths, perch & even 1 carp believe it or not... great day. But my bread & butter is a texas rigged Berkley worm, it'll wiggle through any kind of cover without getting hung up.

With cats i strictly bottom fish, no bobber & bait is just as basic... but its always in 2's to give'em a real treat... a shrimp/with a nightcrawler, liver/chunk of cheese etc. Cats are mostly for night sport to me, time to kick back a lil...

So thats me style, how do the rest of you guys get your fish on? What do you fish for, what do you use? IIRC Missouri's trout season just kicked off, anyone getting anything?
[Reply]
bdj23 05:39 PM 05-26-2014
Went out with the girlfriend Saturday night at lake Shawnee and caught a few stupid Drum. Gonna go try to catch some catfish tomorrow night.
[Reply]
SAUTO 06:06 PM 05-26-2014
Originally Posted by BDj23:
Went out with the girlfriend Saturday night at lake Shawnee and caught a few stupid Drum. Gonna go try to catch some catfish tomorrow night.
Is that the one that used to have the concrete pillars you could walk across the lake on?
Posted via Mobile Device
[Reply]
bdj23 06:16 PM 05-26-2014
I'm not sure. That was the only time I've ever been there. Seemed like there was a lot of fishing docks and some concrete looking bridge thing over part of the lake.
[Reply]
In58men 07:02 PM 05-26-2014
Originally Posted by 58-4ever:
I can tell by this picture that you will catch something. Good luck.
Thanks man, but unfortunately luck wasn't on y side today. I'll go back out this weekend for round 56
[Reply]
Al Czervik 08:57 PM 05-26-2014
Originally Posted by JASONSAUTO:
Is that the one that used to have the concrete pillars you could walk across the lake on?
Posted via Mobile Device
Believe that would be Antioch Park....Off of Antioch Rd and 67th street in Shawnee.
[Reply]
Easy 6 05:21 AM 05-28-2014
Originally Posted by BDj23:
I've heard they're not good to eat at all, too bony and oily.

But having caught several of them they're definitely great fighters, powerful fish.
[Reply]
SAUTO 05:35 AM 05-28-2014
Originally Posted by Al Czervik:
Believe that would be Antioch Park....Off of Antioch Rd and 67th street in Shawnee.
that's the one.
[Reply]
HonestChieffan 06:25 AM 05-28-2014
Big bass killin it on topwater. Caught a 22 inch and a 23.5 on a black jitterbug last evening. Topwater from a kayak is pretty amazing
[Reply]
Graystoke 07:14 AM 05-28-2014
Originally Posted by HonestChieffan:
Big bass killin it on topwater. Caught a 22 inch and a 23.5 on a black jitterbug last evening. Topwater from a kayak is pretty amazing
Isn't that fun!
I fly fish for Bass using top water from my kayak. When those Bass hit it will give you a heart attack
[Reply]
NewChief 08:12 AM 05-28-2014
Originally Posted by Graystoke:
Isn't that fun!
I fly fish for Bass using top water from my kayak. When those Bass hit it will give you a heart attack
Yup. I'll fly fish topwater even when I know that subsurface will land more fish. I'd rather catch 2 bass on topwater than 10 subsurface.
[Reply]
Radar Chief 08:19 AM 05-28-2014
Originally Posted by HonestChieffan:
Buddy of mine caught a 69 pounder in the Mo river on thursday. He has been catchin a bunch
They’re in their pre-spawn feed.
A friend fishing the Neosho in two days caught 5 flat heads. The smallest was over 20 lbs, the largest was right at 50 lbs and he said every one of them was full of eggs.
[Reply]
Red Beans 08:26 AM 05-28-2014
Originally Posted by scott free:
I've heard they're not good to eat at all, too bony and oily.

But having caught several of them they're definitely great fighters, powerful fish.
Fillet them and cut out the mud line then deep fry them. They taste about like white bass...
[Reply]
El Jefe 10:08 AM 05-28-2014
Originally Posted by Red Beans:
Fillet them and cut out the mud line then deep fry them. They taste about like white bass...
Are you black? Only reason I ask is the only people I have ever known to eat Drum fish have been black. There is an older black guy at my church who is the only guy I know who has a recipe that makes drum fish/any overly grease fish somewhat edible, I personally still wont eat them. My aunt's whole side is Mexican, they will fish for anything and eat almost anything, but they will not eat drum fish, sheephead, white bass etc etc.
[Reply]
stonedstooge 10:11 AM 05-28-2014
Caught my biggest fish ever Monday on the Mighty Mo River. 14 pound blue cat hit on a FRESH piece of chicken liver as soon as I tossed it in. Full of eggs too.
[Reply]
Radar Chief 10:14 AM 05-28-2014
Originally Posted by El Jefe:
Are you black? Only reason I ask is the only people I have ever known to eat Drum fish have been black. There is an older black guy at my church who is the only guy I know who has a recipe that makes drum fish/any overly grease fish somewhat edible, I personally still wont eat them. My aunt's whole side is Mexican, they will fish for anything and eat almost anything, but they will not eat drum fish, sheephead, white bass etc etc.
Part Cherokee, but mostly Irish, and love drum. Does that count?
[Reply]
Page 69 of 221
« First < 19596566676869 7071727379119169 > Last »
Up