ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 29 of 221
« First < 192526272829 303132333979129 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>The Fishing Thread
Easy 6 07:58 PM 02-19-2010
Searched around & only found the video fishing & BassMasters threads, i know their are plenty of outdoorsman here, so i figured it'd be cool to draw upon the Planets vast experience in all things fishing.

I only use spincast reels & fish mostly large/smallmouth bass & cats. My choice of reels is quite the source of derision from many people i know 'duffer gear', but i haul in my share of 6 pound bass & 10-20 pound cats on that gear no problem. With a little know-how you can use just about any technique you want to on 'duffer gear'.

Berkley Powerbaits are a big part of my trick bag, the difference between those & regular stuff is night & day. My best action last summer came on Mister Twister scented white curly tail grubs, on one day fishing from shore to a bridge pier, i caught smallies, bigmouths, perch & even 1 carp believe it or not... great day. But my bread & butter is a texas rigged Berkley worm, it'll wiggle through any kind of cover without getting hung up.

With cats i strictly bottom fish, no bobber & bait is just as basic... but its always in 2's to give'em a real treat... a shrimp/with a nightcrawler, liver/chunk of cheese etc. Cats are mostly for night sport to me, time to kick back a lil...

So thats me style, how do the rest of you guys get your fish on? What do you fish for, what do you use? IIRC Missouri's trout season just kicked off, anyone getting anything?
[Reply]
LOCOChief 02:50 PM 03-15-2012
Originally Posted by NewChief:
The white bass run is on here. Sadly, I'm leaving town for my Spring Break (actually not that sad, since I'm going to Palm Beach).

Fishing is great here in FL now, you won't miss the hybrids and whites.
[Reply]
NewChief 02:53 PM 03-15-2012
Originally Posted by LOCOChief:
Fishing is great here in FL now, you won't miss the hybrids and whites.
I'm contemplating bringing my 8 weight down... or maybe my 6 and hitting some ponds.
[Reply]
NewChief 02:53 PM 03-15-2012
This is what you can get into during the white bass run.

[Reply]
LOCOChief 02:55 PM 03-15-2012
I'm contemplating bringing my 8 weight down... or maybe my 6 and hitting some ponds.
I've been killing the specs on my 8/ gator specs. No cold snaps this winter, this spring will rock in FL, it'll be the best in many years.
[Reply]
R8RFAN 03:02 PM 03-15-2012
Gotta love it, boss just called me and asked me if I needed an extra day off to fish some more... I said hell ya
[Reply]
loochy 03:04 PM 03-15-2012
Originally Posted by Contrarian:
There aren't many pictures on here so I thought I would throw up one of my own.
This is a spoony I caught last summer by Truman dam when we were fishing for crappie. Caught on a crappie pole with 6 lb test.
Thank god for Trilene high performance!
[IMG]C:\Users\jdozier\Pictures\photo1.jpg[/IMG]

hope this link works!:-)
You can't use the IMG tag with a file that is on your computer. You have to use the attach function (click on the little paperclip thing).
[Reply]
R8RFAN 03:07 PM 03-15-2012
Originally Posted by loochy:
You can't use the IMG tag with a file that is on your computer. You have to use the attach function (click on the little paperclip thing).
or go here and follow the instructions

http://postimage.org/
[Reply]
R8RFAN 03:10 PM 03-15-2012

jpg image hosting
[Reply]
Radar Chief 03:16 PM 03-15-2012
This is what you can get into during the white bass run.

Nice.
And this is what you can get into during the pre-spawn feed.

Just waiting for some spring rains to bring the river up and I’ll be out with a bucket of gold fish and my salt water rigs.
[Reply]
NewChief 03:17 PM 03-15-2012
Originally Posted by LOCOChief:
I've been killing the specs on my 8/ gator specs. No cold snaps this winter, this spring will rock in FL, it'll be the best in many years.
Nice! I wish I had a kayak down there. Access for wading with a fly rod is always a pain in the ass, and it always seems like the fish are somewhere I can't reach.
[Reply]
DonInDenver 03:49 PM 03-15-2012
Did you catch enough to eat?
[Reply]
Easy 6 07:59 PM 03-16-2012
If you get a kayak, you can do this:

Havent even watched it yet... but thats batshit nuts, talk about extreme fishing, Jeremy Wade would crap his pants & so would i, its almost hard to believe.

The best i can do is hunt gar in the illinois & mississippi river, which i'm now committed to doing this year after watching Swamp People last night, reminds me of summers trotlining as a kid, a very athletic fighting fish.
[Reply]
Easy 6 08:23 PM 03-16-2012
Incredible footage, its like whale fishing in the kind of tiny boats ancient people used, and it incredibly light gear they're using to do this... its amazing that it never turns for a leaping stab at its tormentor.

Its like the load was light enough that it thought it could outpull the pursuer, never turning to face it, and he was able to slowly ride it down like a one man pack of wolves... hauling it out by hand for the photo-op... pure awesome.
[Reply]
Radar Chief 12:20 PM 03-19-2012
:-)

[Reply]
Dayze 12:21 PM 03-19-2012
I need to learn how to string up a pole, and tie a hook to a line.

yeah, yea, I know....
[Reply]
Page 29 of 221
« First < 192526272829 303132333979129 > Last »
Up