ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 22 of 221
« First < 121819202122 232425263272122 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>The Fishing Thread
Easy 6 07:58 PM 02-19-2010
Searched around & only found the video fishing & BassMasters threads, i know their are plenty of outdoorsman here, so i figured it'd be cool to draw upon the Planets vast experience in all things fishing.

I only use spincast reels & fish mostly large/smallmouth bass & cats. My choice of reels is quite the source of derision from many people i know 'duffer gear', but i haul in my share of 6 pound bass & 10-20 pound cats on that gear no problem. With a little know-how you can use just about any technique you want to on 'duffer gear'.

Berkley Powerbaits are a big part of my trick bag, the difference between those & regular stuff is night & day. My best action last summer came on Mister Twister scented white curly tail grubs, on one day fishing from shore to a bridge pier, i caught smallies, bigmouths, perch & even 1 carp believe it or not... great day. But my bread & butter is a texas rigged Berkley worm, it'll wiggle through any kind of cover without getting hung up.

With cats i strictly bottom fish, no bobber & bait is just as basic... but its always in 2's to give'em a real treat... a shrimp/with a nightcrawler, liver/chunk of cheese etc. Cats are mostly for night sport to me, time to kick back a lil...

So thats me style, how do the rest of you guys get your fish on? What do you fish for, what do you use? IIRC Missouri's trout season just kicked off, anyone getting anything?
[Reply]
Dunit35 06:10 PM 06-27-2011

Went fishing for 10 minutes today and than I fell in. Haha.

I will miss you other puma shoe. Someday you will be a fishes home.
[Reply]
philfree 07:10 PM 06-27-2011
Gone fishin' Instead of just a wishin'!

The Harold Hensley show.......

PhilFree:-)
[Reply]
Sofa King 08:18 AM 06-28-2011
Finally took the boat out for a spin.

[Reply]
The Poz 09:31 PM 08-16-2011
It's that time of the year. Some pals and I are heading up for our annual fly-in fishing trip. Last year we reeled around 30 each over the weekend. Mostly 2-3 pound bass. We're trying a different lake this year which I've heard has more variety. I'll fire off some pic's of the trophy's when I get back.

http://www.stantonair.com/norths.html
[Reply]
Sofa King 01:24 PM 02-01-2012
Alright fisherman. It's coming up. Fishing time.

Any experienced Northern Pike fisherman on CP? We have a great bass/northern/bluegill/crappie/perch lake that doesn't get fished very hard for pike. I know there are pike in there at or around 20 lbs. The game warden is a good friend, and they electroshocked it. They found some HUGE northern, as well as several state record largemouths (they haven't told anyone but me and my brother and we're keeping that shit tight lipped). I've been getting pretty good at catching the bigger bass, but i want to get into the pike as well.

I catch a shitload of smaller pike, usually 3-6 pounders, but generally not much over that. They seem to like my bass lures, often destroying them if i am using a spinnerbait.

My question is, if i want to target these pike over 10 pounds, what do you experts of the northern pike fishing world recommend.

Any tips/lures/strategies/rod setups? What say you?
[Reply]
R8RFAN 03:39 PM 02-01-2012
Time to take my Fish Slayer back out

[Reply]
Red Beans 04:57 PM 02-01-2012
Here's a couple of beauties I caught on lake El Salto down in Mexico at the beginnig of January.

[Reply]
Red Beans 04:58 PM 02-01-2012
Originally Posted by R8ers:
Time to take my Fish Slayer back out

That's a healthy mess there sir!
[Reply]
R8RFAN 05:49 PM 02-01-2012
Originally Posted by Red Beans:
That's a healthy mess there sir!
Love them crappies, they were good eating too

[Reply]
R8RFAN 05:53 PM 02-01-2012
This is my old boat, I miss it because there is a 15 hp max engine size on my favorite lake

[Reply]
Dartgod 11:29 AM 03-05-2012
Went down to Bennett Springs this weekend. We never fished in the park, stayed out in the Niangua River the entire time. Friday was slow, cold front moved through, but caught 16 on Saturday and 13 more on Sunday before noon. All in all, a great time!
[Reply]
Easy 6 11:38 AM 03-05-2012
Originally Posted by Dartgod:
Went down to Bennett Springs this weekend. We never fished in the park, stayed out in the Niangua River the entire time. Friday was slow, cold front moved through, but caught 16 on Saturday and 13 more on Sunday before noon. All in all, a great time!
Damn, really nice haul for this time of year, i'm apparently not the only one getting the fishing bug.

Need to get my reels re-strung.
[Reply]
loochy 12:06 PM 03-05-2012
I hit up lower Taneycomo on Christmas day. I pulled in about 20 rainbows on some brown 1/8 jigs. Most of them were about 12 inchers, but I had one pretty fat 16 inch rainbow.
[Reply]
El Jefe 12:12 PM 03-05-2012
Originally Posted by R8ers:
Love them crappies, they were good eating too
How do you recommend cleaning crappies and blue gill? I can clean bigger fish, but I have an incredibly hard time cleaning the smaller fish ie. perch, blue gill, crappies etc etc.
[Reply]
Lono 12:22 PM 03-05-2012
Originally Posted by kcchiefsfanGoJC:
How do you recommend cleaning crappies and blue gill? I can clean bigger fish, but I have an incredibly hard time cleaning the smaller fish ie. perch, blue gill, crappies etc etc.
We cut off the head, gut them, and descale them. Then fry em up.
[Reply]
Page 22 of 221
« First < 121819202122 232425263272122 > Last »
Up