ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 16 of 221
« First < 61213141516 171819202666116 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>The Fishing Thread
Easy 6 07:58 PM 02-19-2010
Searched around & only found the video fishing & BassMasters threads, i know their are plenty of outdoorsman here, so i figured it'd be cool to draw upon the Planets vast experience in all things fishing.

I only use spincast reels & fish mostly large/smallmouth bass & cats. My choice of reels is quite the source of derision from many people i know 'duffer gear', but i haul in my share of 6 pound bass & 10-20 pound cats on that gear no problem. With a little know-how you can use just about any technique you want to on 'duffer gear'.

Berkley Powerbaits are a big part of my trick bag, the difference between those & regular stuff is night & day. My best action last summer came on Mister Twister scented white curly tail grubs, on one day fishing from shore to a bridge pier, i caught smallies, bigmouths, perch & even 1 carp believe it or not... great day. But my bread & butter is a texas rigged Berkley worm, it'll wiggle through any kind of cover without getting hung up.

With cats i strictly bottom fish, no bobber & bait is just as basic... but its always in 2's to give'em a real treat... a shrimp/with a nightcrawler, liver/chunk of cheese etc. Cats are mostly for night sport to me, time to kick back a lil...

So thats me style, how do the rest of you guys get your fish on? What do you fish for, what do you use? IIRC Missouri's trout season just kicked off, anyone getting anything?
[Reply]
tooge 08:57 AM 03-08-2011
I braved the 25 mph wind and constant rain last friday and ended up with 2 crappie. I know that sucks, but they sure tasted good as a small (very) appetizer that night
[Reply]
Dartgod 09:01 AM 03-08-2011
41 degrees on March 6th.
Posted via Mobile Device
[Reply]
R8RFAN 09:14 AM 03-08-2011
Originally Posted by Dartgod:
41 degrees on March 6th.
Posted via Mobile Device
They are real deep now at that temp, in about 10 degrees they will be in the mid depths ready to make a run to the shallows...
[Reply]
R8RFAN 09:15 AM 03-08-2011
Originally Posted by tooge:
I braved the 25 mph wind and constant rain last friday and ended up with 2 crappie. I know that sucks, but they sure tasted good as a small (very) appetizer that night
I would rather fish in the rain than in hard wind.... I hate that crap
[Reply]
tooge 09:16 AM 03-08-2011
yeah, 41 degrees hould have them bunched up pretty tight in about 25 to 27 feet of water on flats right at the channel edges. If you don't mind getting the boat out now, they can be easy pickens and usually are fairly agressive.
[Reply]
R8RFAN 09:18 AM 03-08-2011
yeah, 41 degrees hould have them bunched up pretty tight in about 25 to 27 feet of water on flats right at the channel edges. If you don't mind getting the boat out now, they can be easy pickens and usually are fairly agressive.
they are easier to catch now than they are in July and August because you know where they are now.
[Reply]
tooge 09:20 AM 03-08-2011
Originally Posted by R8ers:
they are easier to catch now than they are in July and August because you know where they are now.
true. only problem is that it is much more enjoyable to have a few cold beers and jump into the lake if you get too hot in July than it is now. I'll probably wait a few weeks till they start showing up closer to the banks
[Reply]
R8RFAN 09:22 AM 03-08-2011
true. only problem is that it is much more enjoyable to have a few cold beers and jump into the lake if you get too hot in July than it is now. I'll probably wait a few weeks till they start showing up closer to the banks
check out crappie.com forum, they have state specific crappie fishing forums.... I have learned alot over the years there
[Reply]
tooge 09:26 AM 03-08-2011
Originally Posted by R8ers:
check out crappie.com forum, they have state specific crappie fishing forums.... I have learned alot over the years there
will do thanks. We are going down to Stockton Lake a few times this year. Usually known more for Walleye and Bass, but we get into some very nice 12 and 13 inch slabs in late April and then again in mid September. I'm totally chomping at the bit right now. I'll check that forum
[Reply]
NewChief 07:18 PM 03-15-2011
If all goes well, I may be doing this on Sunday down in Palm Beach:

[Reply]
NewChief 07:23 PM 03-15-2011
Sixty seconds of drag-screaming run from a spinner shark :-)

http://www.flyfishingextremes.com/60...20screamer.mov

Insane.
[Reply]
Dunit35 02:58 PM 04-01-2011
Bought a baitcaster, lures, tackle box and license for $75 today. Caught my first largemouth in 10 years today. Hell yeah.

Going pond fishing with my fiancés grandfather monday.
[Reply]
Titty Meat 03:15 PM 04-01-2011
Is anyone here familiar with Lake Olathe?
[Reply]
shirtsleeve 03:37 PM 04-01-2011
Some fish caught in a local lake.. the 29# pike was caught a month or two ago..
http://www.onotaboat.com/bigfish.html
[Reply]
Jerm 04:06 PM 04-01-2011
Hitting up Truman this weekend...hoping the warmer temps might drive the crappie into shallower water around the deadfall.
[Reply]
Page 16 of 221
« First < 61213141516 171819202666116 > Last »
Up