ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 4 of 12
< 1234 5678 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>AFC rivals haven't closed gap on Chiefs...
Mile High Mania 10:39 AM 05-03-2021
It's KC's to lose at this point and for quite some time... Chargers are going to be interesting to see what they can do to improve on last year with Herbert. Definitely an interesting situation there.
[Reply]
Kiimo 10:51 AM 05-03-2021
I'd say 14 wins is the floor with the extra game. Chiefs aren't losing more than 3
[Reply]
smithandrew051 10:53 AM 05-03-2021
Originally Posted by Kiimosabi:
I'd say 14 wins is the floor with the extra game. Chiefs aren't losing more than 3
I was assuming we wouldn’t be playing starters in Week 18. I could see having the 1 seed locked at 13-3 through 16 games.
[Reply]
KChiefs1 10:52 AM 05-03-2021
17-0
[Reply]
DaneMcCloud 10:54 AM 05-03-2021
Barring an upstart team like the Chargers, who are really a complete unknown due to their new head coach and staff, or the Dolphins, in which Tua would need to turn into Fran Tarkenton overnight, the biggest threat to the Chiefs going back to the Super Bowl, IMO, is the Cleveland Browns.

The Bills have peaked. Josh Allen crumbles under the weight of carrying a team to a playoff victory and until he proves he can be that guy, he won't be that guy. The Ravens can't throw the ball, Big Ben is 150 years old, the South is in transition, as it always is, and the East is meh.

And while Baker Mayfield is inconsistent, he has the ability to put together a streaky run, so if that happens late in the season and he gets hot, they're going to be a huge handful.
[Reply]
htismaqe 10:57 AM 05-03-2021
Originally Posted by DaneMcCloud:
Barring an upstart team like the Chargers, who are really a complete unknown due to their new head coach and staff, or the Dolphins, in which Tua would need to turn into Fran Tarkenton overnight, the biggest threat to the Chiefs going back to the Super Bowl, IMO, is the Cleveland Browns.

The Bills have peaked. Josh Allen crumbles under the weight of carrying a team to a playoff victory and until he proves he can be that guy, he won't be that guy. The Ravens can't throw the ball, Big Ben is 150 years old, the South is in transition, as it always is, and the East is meh.

And while Baker Mayfield is inconsistent, he has the ability to put together a streaky run, so if that happens late in the season and he gets hot, they're going to be a huge handful.
If the biggest threat is the Browns, the Chiefs are in REALLY good shape.
[Reply]
smithandrew051 11:01 AM 05-03-2021
Originally Posted by htismaqe:
If the biggest threat is the Browns, the Chiefs are in REALLY good shape.
Yeah, if the number 2 team has a question mark at QB...I’ll take that all day.

Best thing possible for the Chiefs is that we never have a Brady-Manning situation in the AFC.

As long as there’s a significant gap between Mahomes and the second best QB, we’re the front runners.
[Reply]
TEX 11:06 AM 05-03-2021

IMO it's the Chargers...NOT b/c I think they're Super Bowl contenders, but because they're a division rival that knows KC very well, and b/c they have the 2nd best QB in the division, who looks like he's going to be special. I think they're a fringe playoff team, that may get "lucky" in a playoff matchup with KC.

I think out of the legit contending teams, I'd go with the Browns also. You nailed why I just don't fear the Bills, Ravens or Steelers.
[Reply]
htismaqe 11:09 AM 05-03-2021
Originally Posted by TEX:
IMO it's the Chargers...NOT b/c I think they're Super Bowl contenders, but because they're a division rival that knows KC very well, and b/c they have the 2nd best QB in the division, who looks like he's going to be special. I think they're a fringe playoff team, that may get "lucky" in a playoff matchup with KC.

I think out of the legit contending teams, I'd go with the Browns also. You nailed why I just don't fear the Bills, Ravens or Steelers.
I think it's the Chargers too because their lack of success is largely due to intangibles - namely close games and injuries.

If they can get over those humps, they'll be a good team. Of course, we say this every year and every year they fail to get past either.
[Reply]
TEX 11:20 AM 05-03-2021
I think it's the Chargers too because their lack of success is largely due to intangibles - namely close games and injuries.

If they can get over those humps, they'll be a good team. Of course, we say this every year and every year they fail to get past either.
Yep. IF they ever learn how to win the close ones...I think that's where Herbert comes into play. IF he proves to be legit, and I believe that he will, he'll get them over that obstacle. Top QB's do that for their teams.
[Reply]
lawrenceRaider 11:37 AM 05-06-2021
Originally Posted by TEX:
Yep. IF they ever learn how to win the close ones...I think that's where Herbert comes into play. IF he proves to be legit, and I believe that he will, he'll get them over that obstacle. Top QB's do that for their teams.
I'd put my money on Herbert being the new Rivers. Making mistakes at the worst times and losing games they should have won.

That was Herbert's MO in college, and he pretty much continued the trend as a rookie in the NFL.
[Reply]
RunKC 11:25 AM 05-03-2021

I agree for the most part.

Bills are relying heavily on 2 rookies and a 2nd year DE (Espenesa) to be excellent this year and get consistent pressure on Patrick.

Dolphins are relying heavily on Tua.

Ravens are relying heavily on Lamar and a rookie pass rusher.

Browns have a new better defense with weapons and are relying on Baker.

If I’m betting on who to rely on most of those options, it’s Baker
[Reply]
htismaqe 11:27 AM 05-03-2021
Originally Posted by RunKC:
I agree for the most part.

Bills are relying heavily on 2 rookies and a 2nd year DE (Espenesa) to be excellent this year and get consistent pressure on Patrick.

Dolphins are relying heavily on Tua.

Ravens are relying heavily on Lamar and a rookie pass rusher.

Browns have a new better defense with weapons and are relying on Baker.

If I’m betting on who to rely on most of those options, it’s Baker
Yet you're still relying on Baker. So in reality, the AFC isn't all that strong at the top.
[Reply]
Chris Meck 11:31 AM 05-03-2021
Yet you're still relying on Baker. So in reality, the AFC isn't all that strong at the top.
If Mayfield has another strong season, will you finally admit you're wrong?
[Reply]
htismaqe 11:38 AM 05-03-2021
Originally Posted by Chris Meck:
If Mayfield has another strong season, will you finally admit you're wrong?
He needs to have more than a strong season. There's a dozen QB's in the league that could do what he does, especially with that supporting cast.
[Reply]
Page 4 of 12
< 1234 5678 > Last »
Up