ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 11 of 12
« First < 7891011 12 >
Media Center>Marvel - Black Widow
DaFace 09:22 AM 08-02-2021
Originally Posted by Frazod:
True enough, but I really have a hard time siding with someone whining about ONLY making $20 million for a fucking movie.

Still, that perfect leather-clad ass just screams out for support. :-)
The dollar amount is almost irrelevant. Yes, she's paid well. So are all of the Disney execs. If they changed the distribution model, and her contract was based on that distribution model, she's got a legit argument.
[Reply]
Mennonite 10:19 AM 08-02-2021
Originally Posted by Frazod:
True enough, but I really have a hard time siding with someone whining about ONLY making $20 million for a ****ing movie.

Still, that perfect leather-clad ass just screams out for support. :-)

Yeah, she's as rich as Croesus, but compared to the wealth and power of Disney it's still very much a David vs Goliath situation.

I really don't like Disney. I don't like the way they kowtow to China, I don't like the way copyright law gets rewritten by our corrupt government to cater to them, and I especially don't like the pablum they shove into the brains of the American people from the cradle to the grave.
[Reply]
eDave 03:05 PM 07-30-2021
Emma Stone is reportedly considering suing Disney over Cruella's hybrid release, after Scarlett Johansson filed her lawsuit.

And Emily Blunt's name is being mentioned as a talent that could speak out after Jungle Cruise opens this weekend.
[Reply]
MarkDavis'Haircut 07:53 PM 09-09-2021
Originally Posted by eDave:
Emma Stone is reportedly considering suing Disney over Cruella's hybrid release, after Scarlett Johansson filed her lawsuit.

And Emily Blunt's name is being mentioned as a talent that could speak out after Jungle Cruise opens this weekend.
All jumping on the bandwagon.

Funny thing is, they were probably all in favor of COVID changes.
[Reply]
unlurking 11:35 AM 09-10-2021
Originally Posted by Carr4MVP:

Not sure what anyone being in favor of COVID changes has to do with it? I assume you are referring to things like masks or social distancing?

I'll be curious to here what kind of negotiations took place prior to release. It was rumored they originally pushed it a year because of the contract issues with ScarJo. I'm kind of surprised they just didn't negotiate royalties from the Disney+ sales.
[Reply]
Baby Lee 11:54 AM 09-10-2021
Originally Posted by unlurking:
Not sure what anyone being in favor of COVID changes has to do with it? I assume you are referring to things like masks or social distancing?

I'll be curious to here what kind of negotiations took place prior to release. It was rumored they originally pushed it a year because of the contract issues with ScarJo. I'm kind of surprised they just didn't negotiate royalties from the Disney+ sales.
I think he's talking in the broad sense that it's oddly reliable how often 'we all need to sacrifice' subtly and quietly turns into 'you need to sacrifice and I need to get my lawyer to make you pay for costing me potential wealth.'
[Reply]
MarkDavis'Haircut 12:27 PM 09-10-2021
Originally Posted by Baby Lee:
I think he's talking in the broad sense that it's oddly reliable how often 'we all need to sacrifice' subtly and quietly turns into 'you need to sacrifice and I need to get my lawyer to make you pay for costing me potential wealth.'
You nailed it.

I suppose it makes me laugh because the same people calling for and shaming people for not wanting to shut down are getting burned by the same policies they advocated for. And now we are supposed to sorry for them.

If she has a legitimate case, I hope she received just compensation. It doesn't change the fact that she probably got burned by the very thing she wanted. Shutdowns are all good until it cost me money.
[Reply]
eDave 12:27 PM 09-10-2021
Originally Posted by Carr4MVP:

As they should. Contractually unapproved changes are not to be thought of favorably.
[Reply]
Chiefspants 03:07 PM 07-30-2021
ScarJo was always sort of an overlooked part of the Avengers team. Which is a shame, my favorite Marvel movie (Winter Soldier) wouldn't have been close to what it was without her. She was lowkey the MVP for me (because she added so much intrigue to the WS’ backstory and connected Steve to the modern world).
[Reply]
Sure-Oz 06:48 PM 07-30-2021
Originally Posted by Chiefspants:
ScarJo was always sort of an overlooked part of the Avengers team. Which is a shame, my favorite Marvel movie (Winter Soldier) wouldn't have been close to what it was without her.
I love her and the character. She definitely deserved a great release. It's too bad.
[Reply]
Valiant 04:50 PM 08-01-2021
Yeah. I am no fan of the house of the mouse and their influence.

But this one is tricky. They can't keep pushing the movie back.it will throw off their schedule I would assume. If she has made 20million off of this so far that is really good. I was never going to see it in theatre, which I assume is the same for a large part.

Her character has always been a sidekick.

Makes me wonder though if Disney knew this was coming with their other announcement a month ago they are no longer giving out long contracts.bi bet they are thinking they control enough now that the actors will come to them to beg to be in their comic movies.

I am liking what I hear on suicide squad sequel. I will see that in theatres.
[Reply]
Bowser 05:04 PM 08-01-2021
Eh, you should check out Black Widow in the theater. It won't be a waste of time or money.
[Reply]
Sure-Oz 09:09 PM 08-01-2021
Originally Posted by Bowser:
Eh, you should check out Black Widow in the theater. It won't be a waste of time or money.
Yeah I hope yo go one more time
[Reply]
Sure-Oz 11:23 PM 08-11-2021
Black Widow alternate ending.

This could've easily been the original ending with the actual original ending as a post credit along with the original post credit we got after that but I get it.

@poedamnrn: good morning our first agenda for today is to cry over the deleted black widow/alternate ending scene but in hd https://twitter.com/lifexnote/status...247874/video/1

@fuckavoys: WHAT THE ACTUAL FUCK
https://twitter.com/CAPWID0WS/status...705542/video/1
[Reply]
Just Passin' By 01:07 PM 08-12-2021
Originally Posted by :
Black Widow only had an opening weekend of $80.3 million at domestic theaters according to The-Numbers. Disney claimed the film made $60 million on Disney+ Premier Access.

Nevertheless, the film has only earned a total of $351.8 million at the global box office despite having a massive production budget of $200 million. The film is the second worst performing film at the global box office in Marvel Cinematic Universe history only beating out The Incredible Hulk.

Sony Delays ‘Venom: Let There Be Carnage’ After The Suicide Squad And Black Widow’s Disastrous Box Offices
[Reply]
Page 11 of 12
« First < 7891011 12 >
Up