ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 1 of 2
1 2 >
Media Center>New World (MMO / RPG) by Amazon
Ming the Merciless 12:22 PM 09-16-2021
https://www.newworld.com/en-us

Did anyone play alpha or beta of this? Anyone planning on it? I pre-ordered it for something to mess around
with but honestly I know nothing about it? Next big game or meh? What say you?
[Reply]
KentuckyChief 12:34 PM 09-16-2021
Played a little open beta on steam this past weekend. Looks like it could be good. My son played probably 12-15 hours this weekend as well, really enjoyed it. Says another open beta available on the weekend of the 29th.
[Reply]
ModSocks 01:29 PM 09-16-2021
I'll check it out. Im in dire need of a new MMO RPG. WoW just doesn't do it for me anymore.

The only thing worth doing in that game in raiding, and i don't have the time or commitment to keep up with the grind necessary to be good at it.
[Reply]
BigBeauford 01:33 PM 09-16-2021
Sounds interesting. Valheim didn't do it for me. I'm probably just chasing the dragon trying to relive the Vailla/BC glory years.
[Reply]
Fish 01:56 PM 09-16-2021
Only $40. I'll probably try it out. Pirate zombies are cool.

I gave up on Valheim too. The grind was too much.
[Reply]
ModSocks 01:58 PM 09-16-2021
Originally Posted by BigBeauford:
I'm probably just chasing the dragon trying to relive the Vailla/BC glory years.
:-)
[Reply]
ModSocks 01:58 PM 09-16-2021
They have player housing. I know MMO nerds always flip for that. Honestly, i'm curious about that too.
[Reply]
BigBeauford 02:48 PM 09-16-2021
Originally Posted by Detoxing:
They have player housing. I know MMO nerds always flip for that. Honestly, i'm curious about that too.
We should start a CP House and Guild. We can store all of our stuff there. Maybe Hootie could be treasurer.
[Reply]
Ming the Merciless 03:37 PM 09-16-2021
I'd be game for some kind of Chiefs Planet clan!
[Reply]
jd1020 10:46 PM 09-16-2021
Had a few friends I've been gaming with for years get excited about this.

I was initially not interested in it because the whole idea of a MMO around pvp with sieges and faction controlled zones is just a failed model. There have been a number of MMOs try it because there's a small vocal community that begs for it but it has yet to create a successful game. Players will get annoyed by being constantly beaten and either change servers to something that is controlled by their chosen faction, switch factions to the dominant faction, or quit. When WoW came out with warmode you would be lucky to run into 10 people out in the open world leveling with it turned on on launch day. Pvp is just not a mode that the ovewhelming majority of players enjoy, especially when that pvp is dumbed down to who has the biggest zerg.

When I learned that the game wasn't going to have a monthly sub I was convinced to sign up for the open beta with my friends. I got to level 12 before I just got really bored with the game. The combat is completely stale, imo. You are allowed 2 weapons, which are basically the "classes" of the game and you can use any 2 weapons you like which means you can play any "class" in the game on a single character. Sounds cool but you only get 3 abilities with each weapon and once you choose which tree you want to specialize in within that weapon (2 trees) there are only 3 abilities in that tree, so there is no choice to make. Each ability is on a decent cooldown of at least 10 seconds and of the weapons I tried out the damage was barely more than your base attack, especially the fire staff. So you are ultimately just sitting there left clicking and blocking/dodging after every 2nd attack if you choose... just a complete snooze fest.

Most of my time spent was running back and forth to town to return the 1 quest at a time that I was given before unlocking the next single quest. People complained about the tedious questing of WoW and the handful of quests you get in an area and this game just took that to the next level.

And the final nail in the coffin for me is how they plan to make money. They are going to have a cash shop where they will sell conveniences to the players. From what I read they nerfed the xp gain in alpha and their fix for that is to sell ways to earn rested xp faster. So they are making the game worse to get you to pay for something to make your QoL better. Other discussed sales are things like reduced cooldown on fast travel. After witnessing the disaster of the pay to win aspects of WoWs cash shop and the impact its had on the game I just don't have interest in a game that is making this its primary means of making money. I would rather pay monthly for an enjoyable and fun game than deal with a nerfed and boring game because there's a $40 option in the cash shop to make it better.
[Reply]
Ming the Merciless 09:13 AM 09-17-2021
bummer to hear some of the negatives...keeping my fingers crossed
[Reply]
BleedingRed 09:23 AM 09-17-2021
Originally Posted by BigBeauford:
Sounds interesting. Valheim didn't do it for me. I'm probably just chasing the dragon trying to relive the Vailla/BC glory years.
Just got done raiding last year with one of the top horde guilds in the world. WoW Classic was fun. But ofc blizzard fucked up BC.

Ashes of Creation is what I'm looking at now. This one looks interesting.
[Reply]
KentuckyChief 06:02 AM 09-18-2021
Originally Posted by BleedingRed:

Ashes of Creation is what I'm looking at now. This one looks interesting.
Indeed!
[Reply]
hometeam 07:12 AM 09-18-2021
im gona dabble in n ew world, it seems like you can play casually etc. I know our good friend BUCK is planning on going hard on it as well.

As for AOC. Its going to be glorious~
[Reply]
Ming the Merciless 02:10 PM 09-29-2021
Installed, logged in...rolled a character..going through the starter missions.

Not bad so far. 1st MMO I have played that hasnt made me want to stop playing within a few minutes.

I will post an update soon. I have not even scratched the surface...I do like the open ended nature of it -- you dont
choose a class, you just unlock different trees depending on what you actually do....I have not really fought anything
hard..or PVP yet. You can switch classes by simply switching your loadout and then you level up those tools. If you craft
something, you get better at crafting that item etc..

I like the sword and shield , but I have also tried the 2 handed axe and it is fun.
[Reply]
Page 1 of 2
1 2 >
Up