ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 158 of 279
« First < 58108148154155156157158 159160161162168208258 > Last »
The Lounge>Sandbox Simulations is open for business! Sign up now!
Rain Man 04:29 PM 02-24-2019
Not available in stores! Buy now! Special price of only $1 for a limited time only. We're up and running!

Go to www.sandboxsimulations.com to sign up. (You can learn more about the game as well.)

For the time being, we set the price to $1, and we can't limit it to just the game testers, so if you're interested, you'll also get the $1 price. Just sign up.

This is a fresh reset, so everyone will have new teams and we'll do a new draft.

Also, please give us any feedback about what you like or don't like, and how we can improve navigation. We've updated all of the systems, so there's a chance that errors are lurking somewhere, but we think we're good to go now. Let us know if something bad happens to you.
[Reply]
Rain Man 03:30 PM 12-13-2019
Originally Posted by wheeler08:
When is next game?
I'll defer that to cdcox. Did you check your pms about League 2?
[Reply]
DJ's left nut 03:31 PM 12-13-2019
Originally Posted by ntexascardfan:
How frequently will you all update player positions...or how big of a difference do you guys consider it between the MLB and ILB.

I plan on running a 3-4 scheme and just drafted Jordan Hicks. He did well in Philadephia's 4-3 scheme, but has really blown up this year being one of the ILB's in Arizona's 3-4.

Will players, like Jordan, get re-designated as their positions shift?
They generally get updated year over year.

So there's a way to kinda game the system here, but it's hard to pull off. For instance, if you see someone named as a safety but they're being converted to CB or a G who's being shifted to T, you may be well served to pay them long-term NOW because you'll pay them tier 3 or 4 prices instead of tier 2.

Conversely, if you draft the inverse situation where a tier 2 player is being converted to a tier 3 or 4 position this season, pay them for a single year and then use one of your 2 'franchise' options on them in the offseason to pay them under the cheaper tag NEXT year without letting them hit the market.

Now how quickly they're getting those updated in Beta mode remains to be seen, but back version 1.0, that was kinda the idea.

As for MLB vs. ILB - I've seen little real distinction. In fact, I'm often running an ILB as my Will and I've seen good results from him thus far.

As Rain Man has said when I've tried to get a straight answer from him here several times - "use your common sense". They won't give you a concrete response but ultimately you can probably get away with moving an ILB to MLB or even WLB/SLB, but you probably won't have much success doing a converstion to a strict OLB. You can probably take an OLB and get some pass rush productivity as a DE but if you take that same guy and make him a SLB or MLB, you'll probably wish you hadn't. Putting a T at G might work okay, putting one at C probably not. Putting a C at G probably okay, putting a C at T probably not.
[Reply]
wheeler08 03:32 PM 12-13-2019
Originally Posted by Rain Man:
I'll defer that to cdcox. Did you check your pms about League 2?
Yep. I feel like Clark Hunt, live in Indiana and have a team in Spokane
[Reply]
DJ's left nut 03:32 PM 12-13-2019
Originally Posted by Rain Man:
Players will get re-designated each year if they play more snaps (roughly) at a different position. You can move players around to a reasonable degree, but there'll be some degradation if they're out of their NFL position. You can use common sense on it - a 4-3 MLB moving to 3-4 ILB won't have much degradation, but a FS moving to 3-4 OLB will have a lot of degradation. If you're moving a player too far, you may be better off just going with a street free agent. But if you're not moving him much, he'll be almost as good as his natural position.
See?!?

They ain't gonna tell you the answer here...
[Reply]
DJ's left nut 03:34 PM 12-13-2019
Originally Posted by Rain Man:
I'll defer that to cdcox. Did you check your pms about League 2?
I'll half-ass ownership of a team if you have a dead one. I just didn't feel like re-building a draft board from scratch.
[Reply]
ntexascardfan 03:34 PM 12-13-2019
Originally Posted by DJ's left nut:
They generally get updated year over year.

So there's a way to kinda game the system here, but it's hard to pull off. For instance, if you see someone named as a safety but they're being converted to CB or a G who's being shifted to T, you may be well served to pay them long-term NOW because you'll pay them tier 3 or 4 prices instead of tier 2.

Conversely, if you draft the inverse situation where a tier 2 player is being converted to a tier 3 or 4 position this season, pay them for a single year and then use one of your 2 'franchise' options on them in the offseason to pay them under the cheaper tag NEXT year without letting them hit the market.

Now how quickly they're getting those updated in Beta mode remains to be seen, but back version 1.0, that was kinda the idea.

As for MLB vs. ILB - I've seen little real distinction. In fact, I'm often running an ILB as my Will and I've seen good results from him thus far.

As Rain Man has said when I've tried to get a straight answer from him here several times - "use your common sense". They won't give you a concrete response but ultimately you can probably get away with moving an ILB to MLB or even WLB/SLB, but you probably won't have much success doing a converstion to a strict OLB. You can probably take an OLB and get some pass rush productivity as a DE but if you take that same guy and make him a SLB or MLB, you'll probably wish you hadn't. Putting a T at G might work okay, putting one at C probably not. Putting a C at G probably okay, putting a C at T probably not.
Thanks that makes a lot of sense and helps me out with a few other choices that I've made...especially when it comes to how it relates to our cap.
[Reply]
Rain Man 03:35 PM 12-13-2019
Originally Posted by DJ's left nut:
See?!?

They ain't gonna tell you the answer here...

We're basing our policy on secret formulas after Coca Cola.
[Reply]
Rain Man 03:36 PM 12-13-2019
Originally Posted by DJ's left nut:
I'll half-ass ownership of a team if you have a dead one. I just didn't feel like re-building a draft board from scratch.
Cool. Check your pms in about five minutes.
[Reply]
wheeler08 03:55 PM 12-13-2019
Originally Posted by DJ's left nut:
I'll half-ass ownership of a team if you have a dead one. I just didn't feel like re-building a draft board from scratch.
Lol I spent probably 2 hours last night making my board. Holy shit has it been a terrible draft so far
[Reply]
DJ's left nut 04:01 PM 12-13-2019
Originally Posted by wheeler08:
Lol I spent probably 2 hours last night making my board. Holy shit has it been a terrible draft so far
Yeah, I was in for a team 2 league and then remembered that I put WAY too much time into trying to create a roster last time. At least we're halfway through now and I can just kinda fill in the gaps.

I'm not doing a contract matrix like the Columbia squad. Dorsey would be jealous as hell of my cap management skills. We won't ever have to worry about losing a Chris Jones type to FA here in Columbia; we always keep the long-view in mind...
[Reply]
wheeler08 01:31 PM 12-14-2019
Sweet Jesus, does league 2 have any alive owners? I think every pick has been an auto pick taking 1 hour time. I’ve been an owner for 2 days and haven’t made a pick yet! Lol. This is messing with my severe lack of patience like terrible. It’s like ThaVirus owns every team except mine....
[Reply]
cdcox 01:37 PM 12-14-2019
I just released the lineups. We will sim tomorrow evening.
[Reply]
Hammock Parties 01:48 PM 12-14-2019
julian edelman is HERE!!!
[Reply]
DJ's left nut 02:28 PM 12-14-2019
Originally Posted by wheeler08:
Sweet Jesus, does league 2 have any alive owners? I think every pick has been an auto pick taking 1 hour time. Iíve been an owner for 2 days and havenít made a pick yet! Lol. This is messing with my severe lack of patience like terrible. Itís like ThaVirus owns every team except mine....
Yeah...this is kinda rough.

But it is what it is. #betastuff.
[Reply]
Rain Man 02:41 PM 12-14-2019
League 2 is just very thoughtful.

My defense is going to kill people.
[Reply]
Page 158 of 279
« First < 58108148154155156157158 159160161162168208258 > Last »
Up