Page 2 of 8
< 12 3456 > Last »
Media Center>Aquaman Trailer
Tribal Warfare 02:19 PM 07-21-2018

[Reply]
JakeLV 11:01 PM 07-22-2018
Originally Posted by Discuss Thrower:
Wait. That's not Vinny Chase.
If Entourage is prescient, and Aquaman is the most successful DC movie, we deserve this awful timeline.
[Reply]
Kyle DeLexus 11:06 PM 07-22-2018
Originally Posted by Discuss Thrower:
Wait. That's not Vinny Chase.

It's the wrong suit also.
[Reply]
Rasputin 02:57 AM 07-23-2018
Meh. I just can't wait for The Flash movie come out he was the best in Justice League.
[Reply]
Rasputin 02:57 AM 07-23-2018
Although I'll go see this for the sharks. Sharks are cool.
[Reply]
Gravedigger 07:11 AM 07-23-2018
Let's be honest, the main reason for DC being an issue was Zach Snyder. The dark tones, the lack of fun and humor, it was all Zach Snyders direction and art style. I'm glad he's stepped out of the fold now so they can invite new directors in that will understand what drives audiences to the movies nowadays.
[Reply]
Sure-Oz 03:22 PM 07-23-2018
Originally Posted by Gravedigger:
Let's be honest, the main reason for DC being an issue was Zach Snyder. The dark tones, the lack of fun and humor, it was all Zach Snyders direction and art style. I'm glad he's stepped out of the fold now so they can invite new directors in that will understand what drives audiences to the movies nowadays.
Yep. I'm fine with it and WB needs to let them do their thing.
[Reply]
keg in kc 04:04 PM 07-23-2018
He may be taking the blame for the tone, and some of that's justified since he was the front man, but DC and WB execs all signed off on everything he did.

I, personally, still don't have a problem with it. They didn't want to do the same thing that Marvel was already doing. And that's fine. The movies themselves just needed to be better executed.

Although (and one caveat: I still haven't seen JL) I still don't think those movies are nearly as bad as their critical reaction. And we're going to see more and more of that as social media grows. The hive mind decides what's good and what's not.
[Reply]
Just Passin' By 06:10 PM 07-23-2018
Originally Posted by keg in kc:
He may be taking the blame for the tone, and some of that's justified since he was the front man, but DC and WB execs all signed off on everything he did.

I, personally, still don't have a problem with it. They didn't want to do the same thing that Marvel was already doing. And that's fine. The movies themselves just needed to be better executed.

Although (and one caveat: I still haven't seen JL) I still don't think those movies are nearly as bad as their critical reaction. And we're going to see more and more of that as social media grows. The hive mind decides what's good and what's not.
They were shit. The hive mind has nothing to do with whether or not the movies were shit. Bad stories, direction and the like are the determinants.

The hive mind raved about Wonder Woman, after all.
[Reply]
keg in kc 07:33 PM 07-23-2018
Originally Posted by Just Passin' By:
They were shit. The hive mind has nothing to do with whether or not the movies were shit. Bad stories, direction and the like are the determinants.

That's exactly what I mean. They weren't shit in my opinion. They could have been better, but I didn't consider them bad. Just not good. But it doesn't do me any good to explain that to anybody online, because your reaction is exactly what I'm referring to.

What I mean by hive mind is that there's no discussion about anything in social media (and this place is social media...). There's only conflict. My team versus your team. Everything has to be black or white. Anything you talk about has to be either awesome or awful. There's no middle ground, and 90% of any discussion about anything is really just people trying to convert everybody to their side.

And that's where I go to the hive mind. It's taking over what used to be discussion about everything. Movies. Sports. Politics.

Humanity is now borg. Resistance is futile.
[Reply]
Just Passin' By 11:24 PM 07-23-2018
Originally Posted by keg in kc:
That's exactly what I mean. They weren't shit in my opinion. They could have been better, but I didn't consider them bad. Just not good. But it doesn't do me any good to explain that to anybody online, because your reaction is exactly what I'm referring to.

What I mean by hive mind is that there's no discussion about anything in social media (and this place is social media...). There's only conflict. My team versus your team. Everything has to be black or white. Anything you talk about has to be either awesome or awful. There's no middle ground, and 90% of any discussion about anything is really just people trying to convert everybody to their side.

And that's where I go to the hive mind. It's taking over what used to be discussion about everything. Movies. Sports. Politics.

Humanity is now borg. Resistance is futile.
  1. The DCU movies have been shit. I could delve into why, but that's been done in the appropriate threads, so it doesn't need repeating. You're welcome to your opinion on them, though. That's the beauty of the medium. And that leads to...
  2. ... It's ok if you like movies that you understand are bad. It's also ok if you can't rate movies for quality. You just have to accept that you like bad movies, or can't evaluate movies for quality, and take it into account. I can't judge the relative quality of Eastern European movies for shit because I still miss too many subtleties of the cultures, but I accept that, so I don't go blaming Eastern Europeans for liking one of their films more than another.
  3. There's plenty of reasonable discussion still going on with social media. You just have to go to the right sites or find the right groups. If you're using Twitter or Facebook, you've nobody but yourself to blame.

[Reply]
MarkDavis'Haircut 02:52 AM 07-24-2018
He was alright in Justice League but that entire movie was just one large gloom fest. It was the first time I watched a movie in theaters and understood what people meant by cookie cutter.
[Reply]
bowener 08:45 AM 07-24-2018
Oh god, so much of that CGI looked cringe-worthy. I hope it improves for the final cut.

Also, Momoa may look the part, but god damn he is just an awful actor.
[Reply]
ModSocks 10:21 AM 07-24-2018

Oh hey look guys, something else JPB doesn't like. After years of reading this forum it just dawned on me that this guy has the bloodiest vag on the forum. I mean, he literally just bitches about everything.

If he can't bitch about it, then he doesn't post about it.
[Reply]
ModSocks 10:22 AM 07-24-2018
  1. The DCU movies have been shit. I could delve into why, but that's been done in the appropriate threads, so it doesn't need repeating. You're welcome to your opinion on them, though. That's the beauty of the medium. And that leads to...
  2. ... It's ok if you like movies that you understand are bad. It's also ok if you can't rate movies for quality. You just have to accept that you like bad movies, or can't evaluate movies for quality, and take it into account. I can't judge the relative quality of Eastern European movies for shit because I still miss too many subtleties of the cultures, but I accept that, so I don't go blaming Eastern Europeans for liking one of their films more than another.
  3. There's plenty of reasonable discussion still going on with social media. You just have to go to the right sites or find the right groups. If you're using Twitter or Facebook, you've nobody but yourself to blame.

:-)

See? :-)
[Reply]
banecat 10:39 AM 07-24-2018
Originally Posted by Detoxing:
Oh hey look guys, something else JPB doesn't like. After years of reading this forum it just dawned on me that this guy has the bloodiest vag on the forum. I mean, he literally just bitches about everything.

If he can't bitch about it, then he doesn't post about it.
Only two reasons to post online, and they are to vent or for attention
[Reply]
Page 2 of 8
< 12 3456 > Last »
Up