ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 2 of 12
< 12 3456 > Last »
Media Center>Tom Hardy Is Your New Venom
thabear04 04:08 PM 05-19-2017
One of the more confusing and intriguing recent developments in our ongoing Superhero Boom has been Sony’s development of their own cinematic universe based on Spider-Man characters … but without Spider-Man in it. They own the rights to those figures, but they’re co-producing Spidey sagas set in the Disney-owned Marvel Cinematic Universe, so the webslinger himself can’t be part of a new, self-contained mythology at Sony. They’re doing the next-best thing by having their own little world that centers around longtime Spider-Man supporting player Venom, and word has come down today that Tom Hardy will be playing him (and his alter ego, Eddie Brock) in 2018’s eponymous Venom. Ruben Fleischer of Zombieland will be directing. This will be Hardy’s return to the superhero genre after his muffled turn as Bane in 2012’s The Dark Knight Rises, and it’s certainly a coup for Sony to grab such a beloved star, but the question remains: Will people see a Spider-flick that doesn’t have the original wall-crawler in it? If anyone can do it, it’s Tom, who is bald now:

Tom Hardy is Eddie Brock in #Venom, the upcoming film from Sony’s Marvel Universe releasing October 5, 2018 – production starts this fall. pic.twitter.com/OZQqDEvoum

— Sony Pictures (@SonyPictures) May 19, 2017

[Reply]
Tribal Warfare 01:36 AM 05-22-2017
Originally Posted by bowener:
Holy shit that would be an incredible turn for the comic genre. If they could pull off a legit horror film with Venom I would shit myself and be happy about it. I'm imaging something like the original Alien. Ok, it would almost be exactly alien. Just imagine his long ass scary tongue and giant fucking teeth instead of the mouth inside a mouth.
Not exactly a big turn due to Blade 1&2 existing. It's currently more likely to occur with the success of Deadpool and Logan.
[Reply]
Fish 08:19 AM 05-22-2017
I'll be interested to see how they do the CGI mouth. I could see that being tricky to pull off correctly...
[Reply]
bowener 08:59 AM 05-22-2017
Originally Posted by Tribal Warfare:
After reading up it's seems like They'll use the Flash Thompson secret agent story arc
After reading a bit as well, that does seem like the logical angle they would take. It sounds like it could be cool alright, but I would rather see a standalone horror film, but that won't happen when they can make more money running with the Deadpoolesque anti-hero thing.
[Reply]
Tribal Warfare 07:18 PM 05-30-2017
https://www.comicbookmovie.com/comic...FoxPush-151481

Looks like they'll actually venture to the horror genre more so than Blade 1&2 which was slightly glossed over
[Reply]
bowener 10:44 AM 05-31-2017
https://www.comicbookmovie.com/comic...FoxPush-151481

Looks like they'll actually venture to the horror genre more so than Blade 1&2 which was slightly glossed over
That appears to say the comic universe is going for a more horror/thriller vibe. I do hope the film follows this same idea. I can't see a Venom-centric storyline really working any other way. Find a middle ground between what a good Spawn movie combined with Predator would be.
[Reply]
Tribal Warfare 09:24 PM 05-31-2017
Originally Posted by bowener:
That appears to say the comic universe is going for a more horror/thriller vibe. I do hope the film follows this same idea. I can't see a Venom-centric storyline really working any other way. Find a middle ground between what a good Spawn movie combined with Predator would be.
Jekyll and Hyde narrative which the symbiot is the metaphor of addiction.
[Reply]
bowener 08:28 AM 06-01-2017
Ah, yeah... I can definitely see that as a viable option. And if done well it could be good.

Here is how I see it going though. Obviously, the suit is going to win him over with its immense power and abilities, but then, in his darkest hour, his humanity will allow him to tame the suit and become more powerful than before and defeat a mighty foe.

It is so overdone that it will most certainly happen!
[Reply]
Rausch 11:49 AM 06-01-2017
If they are smart they tie this in to Marvel but "future film" it.

They skip forward with the Venom story and explain the 5 W's later on.

A great example would be including nothing other than Killing Aunt May during the film. That little bit would tie it all in and make fans want to know how and why and when...
[Reply]
Rausch 11:51 AM 06-01-2017
The whole point of the Brock/Venom pairing was revenge on spidey.

If they slow play this and don't let the audience know that Venom is killing spidey people until the end....that might be damned good.
[Reply]
Tribal Warfare 11:56 AM 06-01-2017
Originally Posted by Rausch:
The whole point of the Brock/Venom pairing was revenge on spidey.

If they slow play this and don't let the audience know that Venom is killing spidey people until the end....that might be damned good.
The symbiot has a mind altering element to it also that involves inherent schizophrenic and dissociative personality ventures too.
[Reply]
Coochie liquor 04:01 AM 06-22-2017
Just read that Carnage will be the villain in the Venom movie.

http://screenrant.com/venom-movie-carnage-villain/
[Reply]
BigRichard 06:19 AM 06-22-2017
Someone mentioned on Reddit that since this comes out shortly after Infinity Wars that maybe they will do a brief introduction of Venom since it kinda requires Spider Man... you know the whole chicken and egg thing.
[Reply]
The Franchise 08:53 AM 06-22-2017
Originally Posted by Coochie liquor:

Fuck yes.
[Reply]
Fish 08:57 AM 06-22-2017
Originally Posted by Coochie liquor:

Whoa. They're going all in with the symbiotes.... Could be cool...
[Reply]
Coochie liquor 06:26 PM 07-19-2017
Venom Movie Draws from John Carpenter & David Cronenberg Films - Screen Rant
https://apple.news/A3ePM96iSPmq15d4VQqx_3w

Sorry can't copy the story properly but some more info.
[Reply]
Page 2 of 12
< 12 3456 > Last »
Up