ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 11 of 12
« First < 7891011 12 >
Media Center>Tom Hardy Is Your New Venom
thabear04 04:08 PM 05-19-2017
One of the more confusing and intriguing recent developments in our ongoing Superhero Boom has been Sony’s development of their own cinematic universe based on Spider-Man characters … but without Spider-Man in it. They own the rights to those figures, but they’re co-producing Spidey sagas set in the Disney-owned Marvel Cinematic Universe, so the webslinger himself can’t be part of a new, self-contained mythology at Sony. They’re doing the next-best thing by having their own little world that centers around longtime Spider-Man supporting player Venom, and word has come down today that Tom Hardy will be playing him (and his alter ego, Eddie Brock) in 2018’s eponymous Venom. Ruben Fleischer of Zombieland will be directing. This will be Hardy’s return to the superhero genre after his muffled turn as Bane in 2012’s The Dark Knight Rises, and it’s certainly a coup for Sony to grab such a beloved star, but the question remains: Will people see a Spider-flick that doesn’t have the original wall-crawler in it? If anyone can do it, it’s Tom, who is bald now:

Tom Hardy is Eddie Brock in #Venom, the upcoming film from Sony’s Marvel Universe releasing October 5, 2018 – production starts this fall. pic.twitter.com/OZQqDEvoum

— Sony Pictures (@SonyPictures) May 19, 2017

[Reply]
The Franchise 04:34 PM 10-09-2018

[Reply]
listopencil 09:36 PM 10-09-2018
Saw it. Tom Hardy was good. Michelle Williams was hot. The effects were fine. The story was fun. I'd recommend it.
[Reply]
Nirvana58 06:44 AM 10-11-2018
Just saw it last night. If you go in expecting marvel you will be disappointed. Wasn't great but definitely wasn't terrible.

I can see why the critics hated on the movie. It could have been a million times better but had its moments. I would rank it a little below justice league but way better than say suicide squad.
[Reply]
Coochie liquor 02:12 PM 10-13-2018
Originally Posted by sully1983:
Definitely check out Locke . I believe its still streaming on Netflix . Hardy was great in it (basically its a one man show of him just driving around in a car thru out the film but I swear its pretty damn good and one of his best performances )
I guess I just didn’t get it. I watched this one and was very underwhelmed. The reviews were good, but the movie was just boring to me. But maybe I just didn’t understand it.
[Reply]
BWillie 05:21 PM 10-13-2018
Originally Posted by Just Passin' By:
More reviews are out, and things aren't getting better.

https://www.rottentomatoes.com/m/venom_2018
I mean, did you see the previews? I was laughing my ass off. That movie looked so ridiculously stupid.

"WE are venom" - then the way overdone cartoony Venom head comes out of his body. What a joke.
[Reply]
The Franchise 12:27 AM 12-21-2018
Watched it last night and I actually thought it was pretty good. The cgi for the final fight was kind of iffy.....but not horrible.
[Reply]
007 12:29 AM 12-21-2018
It took way to long to build up the origin. But I didn't NOT like it.
[Reply]
The Franchise 10:38 AM 12-21-2018
Originally Posted by 007:
It took way to long to build up the origin. But I didn't NOT like it.
It was a little long in the beginning....but I really only had one issue and that was when Venom was deciding that he wasn't going to help take over the planet. A symbiote can be a dork? Really?
[Reply]
Fish 10:46 AM 12-21-2018
Yeah, Venom's motivations didn't really make much sense. It was OK. Could have been so much better...
[Reply]
SAUTO 10:25 PM 12-24-2018
Originally Posted by Buehler445:
Whaaa?
Seriously? Hamas you can't stop there...
[Reply]
lawrenceRaider 11:29 AM 01-18-2019
Originally Posted by Fish:
Yeah, Venom's motivations didn't really make much sense. It was OK. Could have been so much better...
Venom not wanting to be JAG wasn't a good motivation?
[Reply]
Fish 11:43 AM 01-18-2019
Originally Posted by lawrenceRaider:
Venom not wanting to be JAG wasn't a good motivation?
No it wasn't. It was really stupid and lazy.
[Reply]
lawrenceRaider 01:58 PM 01-18-2019
Originally Posted by Fish:
No it wasn't. It was really stupid and lazy.
Well, I used my imagination a bit more as I watched it and felt that the integration with Eddie is why Venom really took the road less traveled. Brock wasn't a rules follower and was out to bring down the man. Viewed from that lens, it makes sense.
[Reply]
Fish 02:29 PM 01-18-2019
Originally Posted by lawrenceRaider:
Well, I used my imagination a bit more as I watched it and felt that the integration with Eddie is why Venom really took the road less traveled. Brock wasn't a rules follower and was out to bring down the man. Viewed from that lens, it makes sense.
You shouldn't need to use your imagination so much just to make it palatable. The evolution of Venom through the film just wasn't believable. It was rushed. They couldn't really include the comic origin with Spiderman, which left a gaping hole to fill with regards to Venom's motivations and explaining why he felt the way he did. Venom's hatred for Spiderman in the comics was pretty much his entire motivation for doing everything he did. They removed that from his character setup and replaced it with next to nothing. It was cheap and unfulfilling.
[Reply]
Sure-Oz 02:52 PM 01-18-2019
Saw it on a flight...was ok... thought Hardy and Venoms voice/cgi wree cool. Needs a way better story and Spiderman
[Reply]
Page 11 of 12
« First < 7891011 12 >
Up