ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 10 of 12
« First < 678910 1112 >
Media Center>Tom Hardy Is Your New Venom
thabear04 04:08 PM 05-19-2017
One of the more confusing and intriguing recent developments in our ongoing Superhero Boom has been Sony’s development of their own cinematic universe based on Spider-Man characters … but without Spider-Man in it. They own the rights to those figures, but they’re co-producing Spidey sagas set in the Disney-owned Marvel Cinematic Universe, so the webslinger himself can’t be part of a new, self-contained mythology at Sony. They’re doing the next-best thing by having their own little world that centers around longtime Spider-Man supporting player Venom, and word has come down today that Tom Hardy will be playing him (and his alter ego, Eddie Brock) in 2018’s eponymous Venom. Ruben Fleischer of Zombieland will be directing. This will be Hardy’s return to the superhero genre after his muffled turn as Bane in 2012’s The Dark Knight Rises, and it’s certainly a coup for Sony to grab such a beloved star, but the question remains: Will people see a Spider-flick that doesn’t have the original wall-crawler in it? If anyone can do it, it’s Tom, who is bald now:

Tom Hardy is Eddie Brock in #Venom, the upcoming film from Sony’s Marvel Universe releasing October 5, 2018 – production starts this fall. pic.twitter.com/OZQqDEvoum

— Sony Pictures (@SonyPictures) May 19, 2017

[Reply]
BigRichard 09:17 PM 10-06-2018
Originally Posted by Just Passin' By:
More reviews are out, and that's not a good thing for the movie.
You are looking at the critic scores... not a good idea. Critics are the ones that gave TLJ a very good score. The audience scores are actually doing really well. 89% right now. I think I am going to go see it tomorrow.
[Reply]
Just Passin' By 10:04 PM 10-06-2018
Originally Posted by BigRichard:
You are looking at the critic scores... not a good idea. Critics are the ones that gave TLJ a very good score. The audience scores are actually doing really well. 89% right now. I think I am going to go see it tomorrow.
When I've said that the critics scores were misleading, I was told that the fan scores should be ignored. Now, I'm told the critics scores are the problem.

:-)

There's no way that fan score is honest beyond the useless fanboys. This is probably going to end up like BvS and SS, where the fanboys jerked themselves dry over the movies for the first few days, and then reality set in when the normal people saw the films.
[Reply]
Gravedigger 11:18 PM 10-06-2018
Originally Posted by Just Passin' By:
When I've said that the critics scores were misleading, I was told that the fan scores should be ignored. Now, I'm told the critics scores are the problem.

:-)

There's no way that fan score is honest beyond the useless fanboys. This is probably going to end up like BvS and SS, where the fanboys jerked themselves dry over the movies for the first few days, and then reality set in when the normal people saw the films.
Have you seen the movie?
[Reply]
Buehler445 03:19 AM 10-07-2018
Originally Posted by -King-:
Am I the only one who finds Tom Hardy extremely overrated? Other than the Revenant and Bronson, Ive never seen a movie where his acting really stands out. Hell lately he's typecast as the guy who we can barely understand.
Posted via Mobile Device
Dude. He’s been nails in a shitload of movies.

Warrior
Dunkirk
Lawless

Just to name a few.
[Reply]
-King- 02:18 PM 10-07-2018
Originally Posted by Buehler445:
Dude. He’s been nails in a shitload of movies.

Warrior
Dunkirk
Lawless

Just to name a few.
How was he nails in Dunkirk? He's sitting in a plane the whole movie with barely any lines. I swear he gets props for the most mundane roles. He was ok in lawless and I never saw warrior.

I'm not saying he's a bad actor but that he's just ok.
Posted via Mobile Device
[Reply]
BigRichard 02:19 PM 10-07-2018
Saw it this morning... I definitely thought it was a very good movie.
[Reply]
Gravedigger 03:56 PM 10-07-2018
How was he nails in Dunkirk? He's sitting in a plane the whole movie with barely any lines. I swear he gets props for the most mundane roles. He was ok in lawless and I never saw warrior.

Posted via Mobile Device
You should see Warrior.
[Reply]
Rausch 10:25 PM 10-07-2018
Originally Posted by KC_Lee:
And then there's this...

Lady Gaga Fans Accused of Writing Fake ‘Venom’ Reviews to Support ‘A Star Is Born’

https://variety.com/2018/film/news/g...om-1202965694/
Does anyone think these two movies are going after the same audience?

That's like Ford writing shitty reviews for Apple...
[Reply]
BigRichard 06:45 AM 10-08-2018
I also want to add that I agree with people about the PG-13 rating. I did like the movie but it could have been much better if they just would have went with the gore and all that good stuff that would have given it an R rating.
[Reply]
sully1983 11:00 AM 10-08-2018

Posted via Mobile Device
Definitely check out Locke . I believe its still streaming on Netflix . Hardy was great in it (basically its a one man show of him just driving around in a car thru out the film but I swear its pretty damn good and one of his best performances )
[Reply]
Great Expectations 06:39 PM 10-08-2018
RT audiences love it and the critics hate it.
[Reply]
DMAC 10:46 AM 10-09-2018
Originally Posted by sully1983:
Definitely check out Locke . I believe its still streaming on Netflix . Hardy was great in it (basically its a one man show of him just driving around in a car thru out the film but I swear its pretty damn good and one of his best performances )
Seconded. It's him in a car, but I was glued.

And you can understand him.
[Reply]
BigRichard 01:20 PM 10-09-2018
Originally Posted by Great Expectations:
RT audiences love it and the critics hate it.
I always go by the audience score. The critics can suck a dick.
[Reply]
Buehler445 01:23 PM 10-09-2018

Posted via Mobile Device
It just worked. There were actors in that movie that were just OK. Hardy wasn’t one of them. Call it what you want. Those were just off the top of my head. You want to see his acting chops, watch the one where he plays brothers. I’ll have to look up the name.
[Reply]
Buehler445 01:25 PM 10-09-2018
Originally Posted by Buehler445:
It just worked. There were actors in that movie that were just OK. Hardy wasn’t one of them. Call it what you want. Those were just off the top of my head. You want to see his acting chops, watch the one where he plays brothers. I’ll have to look up the name.
Legend.

If you watch that and think he’s just OK. Then I guess I can’t help you.
[Reply]
Page 10 of 12
« First < 678910 1112 >
Up