ChiefsPlanet Mobile
View Poll Results: Which System Do You Use?
Playstation 24 47.06%
XBox 9 17.65%
Nintendo 0 0%
PC 18 35.29%
Other 0 0%
Voters: 51. You may not vote on this poll
Page 89 of 252
« First < 39798586878889 9091929399139189 > Last »
Media Center>All Things Video Games & Game Reviews Part II
Gonzo 10:39 AM 08-31-2015
Hey all, you know the deal...
The other thread hit over 1,000 posts and we have server issues when that shit happens so here she be, a fancy new mega thread.

Anyway, just a quick rundown.

Post anything and everything gaming in here. Console games, handheld/mobile games or PC.

Playing something you love or maybe hate? Find a hidden gem on Steam? Let us know via a review. Try to make sure you give a good rundown on it. Graphics, sound, storyline, overall gameplay and replayability. Let's keep it at a 1-10 scale.

Thanks to all that left me awesome rep comments/posts and even pm's thanking me for the many reviews I wrote.
Just an FYI, developers do read our comments in here I guess. CD Projekt Red (of Witcher 3) was one that stopped by.

Anyway, thanks all for your input and as always, no griefing.
[Reply]
BigBeauford 02:52 PM 12-13-2018
Originally Posted by New World Order:
I know it's probably been asked before but is anyone playing VR either on PC or ps4?

Any thoughts?
I own a Rift, and previously owned a PSVR. What would you like to know?
[Reply]
New World Order 05:40 PM 12-13-2018
Originally Posted by BigBeauford:
I own a Rift, and previously owned a PSVR. What would you like to know?
I'm also considering the Rift.

1. What do you play?

2. Is it worth the investment?

3. How much better is the Rift than PSVR?

4. Do you regret buying the Rift over the Vive?

5. How many hours per week do you put into it? Do you play it more than traditional gaming (m/k, controller etc..)
[Reply]
BigBeauford 10:17 PM 12-13-2018
I'm also considering the Rift.

1. What do you play?

Beat Saber
In Death
Space Pirate Trainer
Rec Room
Lone Echo
Pavlov

2. Is it worth the investment?

For me it is. The most fun I have had with video games since Super Mario 64. Every time you put the headset on, you will be wowed.

3. How much better is the Rift than PSVR?

The Rift has super sampling, higher framerate for the most part, and far far superior controllers and tracking. PSVR is still worthwhile, but given the choice, the Rift is better.
4. Do you regret buying the Rift over the Vive?

No regrets whatsover. The Vive has very minimal upgrades to the FOV, but the controllers are worse (seriously, the Oculus Touch controllers are sublime and worth the price of admission). In addition, the Oculus store has great exclusives that you cant play on Vive without effort.

5. How many hours per week do you put into it? Do you play it more than traditional gaming (m/k, controller etc..)
About 6 hours, which is more than my other hobbies. Only Smash Bros has taken my attention.
[Reply]
New World Order 10:41 PM 12-13-2018
About 6 hours, which is more than my other hobbies. Only Smash Bros has taken my attention.
Thanks for the response.

How is the userbase on Pavlov? I've watched vids but it seems more often than not there are a lot of bots in games.

Pavlov is probably the number 1 reason I'm interested in VR.
[Reply]
BigBeauford 12:12 PM 12-14-2018
Thanks for the response.

How is the userbase on Pavlov? I've watched vids but it seems more often than not there are a lot of bots in games.

Pavlov is probably the number 1 reason I'm interested in VR.
There is usually about 200 or more folks on every time I get on, and I always find a room with real people. It plays just like VR counterstrike with custom levels.
[Reply]
vailpass 12:56 PM 12-14-2018
Sounds like they've made some improvements on the Rift since we were looking at VR a year ago. Can it do whole room now?
[Reply]
New World Order 06:14 PM 12-14-2018
Do you have a third sensor Beauford?
[Reply]
BigBeauford 10:42 PM 12-14-2018
Originally Posted by vailpass:
Sounds like they've made some improvements on the Rift since we were looking at VR a year ago. Can it do whole room now?
The answer is: sort of. With two front facing senors, I can usually play in an 8x8 area. I only have slight issues when I turn my back to the sensors and occlude the controllers with my body. This is an area where Vives' lighthouse sensors have an advantage to produce true 360 roomscale.

Do you have a third sensor Beauford?
I do not. I havent felt a major need outside a couple instances. Hear it gives better 360 room scale, but thats a lot of ports used, especially considering they need USB 3.0.
[Reply]
vailpass 11:14 PM 12-14-2018
The answer is: sort of. With two front facing senors, I can usually play in an 8x8 area. I only have slight issues when I turn my back to the sensors and occlude the controllers with my body. This is an area where Vives' lighthouse sensors have an advantage to produce true 360 roomscale.

I do not. I havent felt a major need outside a couple instances. Hear it gives better 360 room scale, but thats a lot of ports used, especially considering they need USB 3.0.
Cool. Glad to hear you're enjoying your VR. My boys are liking theirs too. They don't use it as much as PC or ps4 but they do use it, especially when they have friends over for the night.
[Reply]
New World Order 12:23 AM 12-15-2018
Originally Posted by vailpass:
Cool. Glad to hear you're enjoying your VR. My boys are liking theirs too. They don't use it as much as PC or ps4 but they do use it, especially when they have friends over for the night.
Your boys have the Rift too, Vail?
[Reply]
vailpass 09:58 AM 12-15-2018
Your boys have the Rift too, Vail?
Vive. Got it last Christmas.
[Reply]
cooper barrett 06:04 PM 12-15-2018
things to come in adult gaming...

Cyberpunk 2077
[Reply]
Imon Yourside 11:58 PM 12-15-2018
Got in on the Alpha test for Tom Clancys Division 2 and although i'm under NDA i'll just say they made the huge roaming PVE area that I wanted in the first game so i'm really happy. Shooter mechanics are about the same with better weapon control, can't get enough of a great 3rd person cover shooter. Also looks like so much to do I will never get bored of the same content. Props to Massive I gave them tons of shit from the first game but they listened and made this one better.
[Reply]
Skyy God 10:45 AM 12-23-2018
Just finished Spider-Man on PS4..... highly recommend.
[Reply]
SAUTO 10:52 AM 12-23-2018
Originally Posted by Cave Johnson:
Just finished Spider-Man on PS4..... highly recommend.
Ive been playing it a little. It's fun
[Reply]
Page 89 of 252
« First < 39798586878889 9091929399139189 > Last »
Up