ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 18 of 30
« First < 81415161718 1920212228 > Last »
Media Center>The Curse of Oak Island
mr. tegu 01:31 PM 01-13-2014
Has anyone else started watching this show? I am a sucker for this kind of thing and so far it has been very interesting. You can watch the first two episodes in the link below. Since this was filmed over the summer, if any of you have figured out what happens please use spoilers for anything that hasn't aired yet.

http://www.history.com/shows/the-curse-of-oak-island

For those who aren't familiar, very briefly, it is about an island on the eastern shore of Canada that is rumored to have buried treasure from possibly the Knights Templar dating back to the 1300s. In 1795 an apparent secret hiding space was discovered in which levels of wooden planks were buried every 10 feet. Digging down around a hundred feet, they found some gold link chain and a few other things. Eventually they dug to a point that causes the hold to be flooded by sea water as if it was some sort of boobie trap, which is believed to come from some type of tube that is out in the ocean.

Another person in the 1970s dug alongside the original hole but also got his hole flooded by sea water. These guys now who are on the show purchased most of the island and are trying to solve the mystery with help from the guys who dug their own hole in the 1970s. The hole curse aspect is just kind of meh and I don't really pay attention to it, but I am sure the producers just like the added element it presents. The mystery and adventure is really interesting. It is nice to see a show like this that is actually producing some results so far.
[Reply]
mr. tegu 09:40 PM 11-10-2015
Originally Posted by Rausch:
The only thing that keeps my interest is that someone clearly made this.

I don't know who or why but someone made a thing that was never intended to be opened...
Definitely. We are past the point of debate on whether there is something man made deep under ground in the island.

That nuclear imaging technology was really cool and the fact that proven technology proved a tunnel or cavity exists right where it said one should be is really awesome.
[Reply]
Rausch 01:26 AM 11-11-2015
Originally Posted by mr. tegu:
Definitely. We are past the point of debate on whether there is something man made deep under ground in the island.

That nuclear imaging technology was really cool and the fact that proven technology proved a tunnel or cavity exists right where it said one should be is really awesome.

[Reply]
Pitt Gorilla 03:07 PM 11-13-2015
Originally Posted by Rausch:
So pretty much every other episode so far?...
Yes, they could comfortably squeeze an entire season into a couple of 1-hour episodes. But, it's perfect TV for when I'm grading papers, because very little actually happens.

That trip across the pond was a complete waste.
[Reply]
Beef Supreme 03:16 PM 11-13-2015
Originally Posted by Pitt Gorilla:
Yes, they could comfortably squeeze an entire season into a couple of 1-hour episodes.
That goes for half the shit on TV these days. They spend so much time recapping what you just watched and previewing what you are about to watch that, if they just showed it to you, an hour show could be condensed into 10 minutes.
[Reply]
kcxiv 01:55 AM 11-14-2015
Originally Posted by BigChiefTablet:
That goes for half the shit on TV these days. They spend so much time recapping what you just watched and previewing what you are about to watch that, if they just showed it to you, an hour show could be condensed into 10 minutes.
there is no money in 10 min shows. lol
[Reply]
mr. tegu 05:53 PM 11-15-2016
This show returns for the third season tonight. I know people are largely skeptical but even if there is nothing there I like the adventure.

Also, right after is Hunting Hitler. If you didn't catch it last season it was very intriguing. Season two of it starts tonight.
[Reply]
ModSocks 05:57 PM 11-15-2016
Wow i forgot all about this show. Thanks for the heads up.
[Reply]
Easy 6 06:29 PM 11-15-2016
Originally Posted by mr. tegu:
This show returns for the third season tonight. I know people are largely skeptical but even if there is nothing there I like the adventure.

Also, right after is Hunting Hitler. If you didn't catch it last season it was very intriguing. Season two of it starts tonight.
Its on my watch list for sure, they've found some tantalizing clues over the last few years... but I'm really needing to see a bombshell soon to keep my attention
[Reply]
Beef Supreme 06:59 PM 11-15-2016
You guys are gonna be pissed when it turns out they are in some kind of purgatory, like Lost.
[Reply]
mr. tegu 07:01 PM 11-15-2016
So it's actually season four, not three. Time to find something or at least finally go all out. I don't think we need another season with nothing but a bunch of curious or vague clues.
[Reply]
mr. tegu 07:13 PM 11-15-2016
This season preview episode is definitely exciting. They are finally going all out with heavy equipment by bringing it in early and being better prepared to use it.
[Reply]
KCUnited 07:22 PM 11-15-2016
Drain the swamp
[Reply]
Easy 6 07:37 PM 11-15-2016
Originally Posted by KCUnited:
Drain the swamp
Winner :-)
[Reply]
NJChiefsFan 06:52 PM 11-19-2016
This show was losing me. Good start to the season though. I think it has a good energy again. Man alive though do I HATE this narriator. They have him reacting to every theory mentioned, however weak, as if he just had his doors blown off at the idea.
[Reply]
Pasta Little Brioni 07:47 PM 11-24-2016
We founds da planted for TV items!!!
[Reply]
Page 18 of 30
« First < 81415161718 1920212228 > Last »
Up