ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 8 of 94
« First < 45678 91011121858 > Last »
Media Center>HBO: True Detective
keg in kc 10:17 AM 09-09-2013
Hits in January.

Starring Matthew McConaughey & Woody Harrelson. :-)

[Reply]
Aries Walker 09:59 PM 01-27-2014
I did not. The rebelliousness of youth, I suppose.
[Reply]
Anyong Bluth 09:59 PM 01-27-2014
Originally Posted by Aries Walker:
I

Predictions:

If there's any weak point, it's
Spoiler!

It's never stopped a woman going off on a self absorbed emotional rant before in the history of mankind- why should it be any different for his wife.
[Reply]
Anyong Bluth 10:06 PM 01-27-2014
What I find fascinating about the show is we are getting 2 narratives, and sometimes we don't even know whose the one that is giving their account of how they recall things. Remember that these are flashbacks and subjective based upon if it's Rust or Marty telling their version of the events.

Also, anyone who has it dvrd, look closely at when Marty is going through the inappropriate drawings his daughter drew in her notebook. Specifically the last drawing before he closes it up and puts it aside. Anyone else think that the drawing of the last man they show looks a little weird- sort of like he's wearing a mask or something creepy about the way she drew his head?
[Reply]
Brock 10:10 PM 01-27-2014
Originally Posted by Aries Walker:
If there's any weak point, it's
Spoiler!
She knows he's fucking around.
[Reply]
Aries Walker 10:11 PM 01-27-2014
She at least suspects. One or two more episodes, tops.
[Reply]
Brock 10:14 PM 01-27-2014
I thought he came close to spilling it last night.
[Reply]
Baby Lee 10:17 PM 01-27-2014
Originally Posted by Anyong Bluth:
What I find fascinating about the show is we are getting 2 narratives, and sometimes we don't even know whose the one that is giving their account of how they recall things. Remember that these are flashbacks and subjective based upon if it's Rust or Marty telling their version of the events.

Also, anyone who has it dvrd, look closely at when Marty is going through the inappropriate drawings his daughter drew in her notebook. Specifically the last drawing before he closes it up and puts it aside. Anyone else think that the drawing of the last man they show looks a little weird- sort of like he's wearing a mask or something creepy about the way she drew his head?
There's an less popular speculation that this will be a fight club thing. But too many have interacted simultaneously. But it offers food for though on that might pop out.
[Reply]
Anyong Bluth 10:35 PM 01-27-2014
Originally Posted by Baby Lee:
There's an less popular speculation that this will be a fight club thing. But too many have interacted simultaneously. But it offers food for though on that might pop out.
I saw that too and thought it had 0 chance- just too big of a rip off and would ruin the show and the credibility.
[Reply]
Great Expectations 08:41 AM 01-28-2014
Originally Posted by Baby Lee:
De Niro's had some great roles, but right now MMC is doing things where you go how does a human do that.

His reserve, tenseness and angularity of the younger Cohle is menacing and wearying at the same time.

By which I mean I can't decide to give him a hug or run like ****. ie, is this Will Hunting or Travis Bickle

At this moment in time, only Christian Bale competes.
MMC has never has never played a role close to as good as Taxi Driver or Ragin Bull.

De Niro has never played a role (even if the movie is crap) as badly as MMC did in Two for the Money. I get that he is choosing better roles and doing a great job recently, but De Niro's Ceiling is much, much higher and his floor is much higher as well.
[Reply]
keg in kc 04:49 PM 01-28-2014
Oh god. "Ceiling" and "floor" in a media center discussion.

Someone please shoot me now.
[Reply]
BigMeatballDave 05:25 PM 01-28-2014
Good show.
[Reply]
Aries Walker 05:28 PM 01-28-2014
I think of McConaughey as following the Tom Hanks career trajectory. At the beginning, it was all Bosom Buddies and The Man With One Red Shoe, but over time, he wins Oscars. DeNiro kind of went (is going) the other direction.
[Reply]
Sure-Oz 07:55 PM 01-28-2014
What a hell of an episode with the creepy music at the end introducing the gas masked man..too bad we have to wait till next weekend to see episode 4.
[Reply]
Anyong Bluth 09:48 PM 01-28-2014
Originally Posted by Sure-Oz:
What a hell of an episode with the creepy music at the end introducing the gas masked man..too bad we have to wait till next weekend to see episode 4.
You know there's no new episode this next weekend, right? (Sunday)
1 Week hiatus as HBO is rolling out 2 new premieres, so we've got some "downtime" - which is shitty. I'm tempted to rewatch the 1st 3 at some point and just soak it up.
[Reply]
Sure-Oz 10:37 PM 01-28-2014
Originally Posted by Anyong Bluth:
You know there's no new episode this next weekend, right? (Sunday)
1 Week hiatus as HBO is rolling out 2 new premieres, so we've got some "downtime" - which is shitty. I'm tempted to rewatch the 1st 3 at some point and just soak it up.
Ouch....man
[Reply]
Page 8 of 94
« First < 45678 91011121858 > Last »
Up