ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 60 of 94
« First < 10505657585960 6162636470 > Last »
Media Center>HBO: True Detective
keg in kc 10:17 AM 09-09-2013
Hits in January.

Starring Matthew McConaughey & Woody Harrelson. :-)

[Reply]
eDave 12:11 AM 07-13-2015
Originally Posted by lewdog:
The gun fight scene was very poorly done.
Highlight of the episode though. Total ambush.

Too many story-lines and I agree, can do without Kitcsh. He's filler.
[Reply]
DaneMcCloud 12:27 AM 07-13-2015
I'm two minutes into tonight's episode and this has to be the stiffest acting I've seen on HBO.

Really, really bad.
[Reply]
KCUnited 05:53 AM 07-13-2015
Vaughn is Days of our Lives John Black bad.
[Reply]
L.A. Chieffan 12:14 PM 07-13-2015
I don't know if it's the writing or what but all the acting is pretty bad, Vaughn especially. He just can't pull off the bad guy thing. Farrell is trying but the best acting is probably David Morse which is saying something
[Reply]
DaneMcCloud 12:25 PM 07-13-2015
Originally Posted by L.A. Chieffan:
I don't know if it's the writing or what but all the acting is pretty bad, Vaughn especially. He just can't pull off the bad guy thing. Farrell is trying but the best acting is probably David Morse which is saying something
The director(s) aren't allowing the actors to show their own charisma. It's the strangest thing I've ever seen. It's like they're saying "Do your best to be dour and show no emotion, regardless of what's happening."

It's just really, really bad TV.
[Reply]
vailpass 12:31 PM 07-13-2015
I'm glad I'm not alone in thinking this season is fail. It's like wanting to like a cute girl but there's just nothing there...
[Reply]
DaneMcCloud 12:35 PM 07-13-2015
I'm somewhat surprised (although, not really) that there isn't a thread on The Rock's program, Ballers. How that got a renewal is just mind boggling.

It has to be the most cliched and lame show about the NFL, ever.
[Reply]
Sure-Oz 01:06 PM 07-13-2015
This show def not close to season 1. Disappointing

Farrell is probably the only dude I give a shit about in the show.
[Reply]
KCUnited 01:26 PM 07-13-2015
I will say this, and maybe its the campiness, but I look forward to tuning in on Sundays. I DVR all kinds of shit and get to it whenever and I'll drop a series at any point, but I'm there at 8:00 ready. Or maybe I look forward to laughing at it, I can't decide. Either way, it has that going for it. Like that shootout. That looked like something Lou Diamond Phillips would be featured in, but I kind of enjoyed it.
[Reply]
Aries Walker 03:17 PM 07-13-2015
About ten minutes into this episode I officially gave up. After I read this thread, I went back and watched the gunfight for gunfight's sake, but even it wasn't that spectacular.

Sunday night Battlebots it is, then.
[Reply]
eDave 05:17 PM 07-13-2015
I am enjoying the show overall and still look forward to seeing it. I'm hopeful as that shootout opened up a whole bag of shit.
[Reply]
Prison Bitch 05:32 PM 07-13-2015
Originally Posted by kepp:
I don't care how many seasons this lasts...they will never outdo the revealing of Alexandra Daddario's tittahs.
Where are the tits this season? What a joke.
[Reply]
'Hamas' Jenkins 11:32 PM 07-13-2015
Seven cops dead, all the primary suspects dead, probably close to 20 civilians dead/wounded.

The principles involved would never work in law enforcement again, and this would be a national news story for a week.

I don't know what the fuck they were trying to accomplish with that shootout aside from the "Oh, shit!" factor.
[Reply]
'Hamas' Jenkins 11:35 PM 07-13-2015
Originally Posted by DaneMcCloud:
I'm somewhat surprised (although, not really) that there isn't a thread on The Rock's program, Ballers. How that got a renewal is just mind boggling.

It has to be the most cliched and lame show about the NFL, ever.
:-)

Think about the shit Playmakers got in for showing non-NFL affiliated players doing seedy shit.

This show has players who are representing real teams fucking women in bathrooms, getting in fights at clubs, and doing coke on yachts.

I'm absolutely amazed the NFL signed off on this.
[Reply]
DaneMcCloud 07-13-2015, 11:41 PM
This message has been deleted by DaneMcCloud.
DaneMcCloud 11:47 PM 07-13-2015
Originally Posted by 'Hamas' Jenkins:
:-)

Think about the shit Playmakers got in for showing non-NFL affiliated players doing seedy shit.

This show has players who are representing real teams fucking women in bathrooms, getting in fights at clubs, and doing coke on yachts.

I'm absolutely amazed the NFL signed off on this.
The NFL didn't sign off on this: HBO did it alone.

And I didn't mean to imply that it was derivative of another program, just that it was derivative of the NFL headlines of today.

I would have preferred to see something onscreen that isn't covered by journalists, internet or otherwise, on a daily basis.
[Reply]
Page 60 of 94
« First < 10505657585960 6162636470 > Last »
Up