ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 3 of 3
< 123
Washington DC and The Holy Land>San Diego station claims CNN asked for local border wall perspective, but...
vailpass 09:38 AM 01-11-2019
San Diego station claims CNN asked for local border wall perspective, but backed off when response favored Trump

A San Diego television station has accused CNN of asking for a local perspective on the border wall debate, then backing off when the response didn’t fit the network's anti-Trump agenda.

“As a sign of the times in this debate on the shutdown, CNN asked if KUSI would provide a reporter to offer our local view of the debate, especially to learn if the wall works in San Diego,” a KUSI anchor Anna Laurel said on Thursday.

The McKinnon Broadcasting-owned KUSI is an independent station that is not an affiliate of a major broadcast network. It accused CNN of the agenda-driven maneuver both on air and on its verified Twitter account, which has over 62,000 followers. The network explained that it offered the services of veteran reporter Dan Plante, who has reported that the wall is effective.

“Knowing this, CNN declined to have us on their programs, which often present the wall as not required in other places like the stretch of the Texas border the president visited,” Laurel said. “They didn’t like what they heard from us.”

KUSI digital content manager Mike McKinnon III wrote on the network’s website, “We believe CNN declined a report from KUSI because we informed them that most Border Patrol agents we have spoken to told us the barrier does in fact work.”

McKinnon added that KUSI has “continuously been told by Border Patrol agents that the barrier along the Southern border helps prevent illegal entries, drugs, and weapons from entering the United States.”

A CNN spokesperson dismissed the incident as a "non story."

"That happens many times every single day," the spokesperson told Fox News. "We did, however, book a reporter from KUSI for a story on immigration and the border wall on CNN in November. This is a non story."

Media Research Center vice president Dan Gainor told Fox News that “this kind of manipulation is what journalists have been doing for decades and CNN is a master at it.” Ironically, the accusation came as CNN chief White House correspondent Jim Acosta was mocked by everyone from media watchdogs to President Trump himself for accidently supporting the argument that border barriers improve security...

...“If I have to choose who is telling the truth, KUSI or CNN, that's easy. I've never seen KUSI lie. I've seen CNN do it tons of times,” Gainor said. “They hype the issues they want and suppress those they oppose. Look at the border. They send Jim Acosta to Texas to try and undermine the case for the wall. But they don't blanket their network with visits to the families of victims of illegal immigrant crime. If the media did that, Americans would swarm Washington demanding a wall.”...

https://www.foxnews.com/entertainmen...-favored-trump
[Reply]
GloryDayz 11:47 AM 01-14-2019
Originally Posted by Detoxing:
KUSI is right wing media by and large. They may be independent, i don't know. But they're pretty far right.

My wife and I don't watch it anymore because how ridiculous their coverage can be sometimes. Their anchors have always appealed to the elderly (and they don't really disguise their personal feelings towards certain issues), their coverage was always, always slanted towards a highly conservative bias....hell even their graphics are archaic.

My wife and I favor the local Fox News affiliate. It's younger, fresher and not so clearly bias.
So, you're a snowflake? C'mon man...
[Reply]
Detoxing 11:53 AM 01-14-2019
Originally Posted by GloryDayz:
So, you're a snowflake? C'mon man...
Local news affiliates have their targeted audiences. KUSI was made for Randallflag. It's evident in everything from their production to their anchors to their bias on how they cover a story, and which stories they choose to cover.

They have a guy who still wears a polka-dot bow tie every day, ffs.

If i had to take a guess they're probably the least funded and least watched local news station.

I'm just giving you some background to the OP, brah.
[Reply]
GloryDayz 12:25 PM 01-14-2019
Originally Posted by Detoxing:
Local news affiliates have their targeted audiences. KUSI was made for Randallflag. It's evident in everything from their production to their anchors to their bias on how they cover a story, and which stories they choose to cover.

They have a guy who still wears a polka-dot bow tie every day, ffs.

If i had to take a guess they're probably the least funded and least watched local news station.

I'm just giving you some background to the OP, brah.
No F'n way!!!!

Like you, I'd much prefer them being in Camo too...
[Reply]
Page 3 of 3
< 123
Up