ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Media Center>For those of you who like Morricone's spaghetti western themes
Nzoner 11:57 AM 01-10-2019
Check out this intro from Muse's Knights of Cydonia (the harmonica theme from Once Upon A Time In The West) it just fits perfectly with the song and that crowd interaction...wow.


[Reply]
Bowser 09:14 PM 01-10-2019
Nice Joe, I liked that. Knights of Cydonia is probably my favorite song by them, and I dug the intro. Good find.
[Reply]
Why Not? 12:27 AM 01-11-2019
Thanks. The soundtrack to Hateful 8 is one of my favorite records.
[Reply]
patteeu 06:10 PM 01-11-2019
Originally Posted by Bowser:
Nice Joe, I liked that. Knights of Cydonia is probably my favorite song by them, and I dug the intro. Good find.
Same. Love that song.
[Reply]
Demonpenz 12:38 AM 01-12-2019
No one is going to get pumped up for soccer here but since 2011 Muse-Hysteria has been the opening song they announce the starting eleven for SKC. But at Childrens Mercy Park it is a loud scene for sure.
[Reply]
Miles 01:46 AM 01-12-2019
Thanks for that. I was expecting they would use the movie score like Metallica did with ecstacy of gold which was badass but actually playing it to open was very nice.

Morricone - Sergio Leone pairing is also some of the best stuff ther is. Have you dug deeper and see Fistful of Dynomite? I still haven’t myself but keep meaning to.
[Reply]
Baby Lee 06:04 AM 01-12-2019
Originally Posted by Miles:
Thanks for that. I was expecting they would use the movie score like Metallica did with ecstacy of gold which was badass but actually playing it to open was very nice.

Morricone - Sergio Leone pairing is also some of the best stuff ther is. Have you dug deeper and see Fistful of Dynomite? I still havenít myself but keep meaning to.
Duhdududuh Donk. . .
[Reply]
Nzoner 06:09 AM 01-12-2019
Originally Posted by Miles:
Thanks for that. I was expecting they would use the movie score like Metallica did with ecstacy of gold which was badass but actually playing it to open was very nice.

Morricone - Sergio Leone pairing is also some of the best stuff ther is. Have you dug deeper and see Fistful of Dynomite? I still havenít myself but keep meaning to.
Dude I'm old enough that I saw that on it's original release when it was titled Duck You Sucker.I was very young but it was at the drive-in with my parents and then I watched it later in life.Do yourself a favor and watch that film,Coburn and Steiger are great in it.
[Reply]
Baby Lee 06:38 AM 01-12-2019
Originally Posted by Nzoner:
Dude I'm old enough that I saw that on it's original release when it was titled Duck You Sucker.I was very young but it was at the drive-in with my parents and then I watched it later in life.Do yourself a favor and watch that film,Coburn and Steiger are great in it.
It's kind of weird the disparity between how much I've listened to Morricone/Leone soundtracks and how many of the actual films I've sat down and watched.

I've watched Once Upon a Time in America dozens of times, Once Upon a Time in the West twice I think, and 'the trilogy' once each, but beyond that I just never got around to boning up on that particular corner of cinema.

But I have dozens of the soundtracks, and have spent hours relaxing with them on the HiFi. I enjoy Morricone as much as Bach or Beethoven [though not as much as Tchaikovsky or Mussourgsky].
[Reply]
Deberg_1990 07:59 AM 01-12-2019
Originally Posted by Why Not?:
Thanks. The soundtrack to Hateful 8 is one of my favorite records.
Great stuff. Glad that Tarantino finally got to work with him

I think my favorite Leonne is the Untouchables theme. Awesome stuff.
[Reply]
Baby Lee 08:09 AM 01-12-2019
Originally Posted by Deberg_1990:
Great stuff. Glad that Tarantino finally got to work with him

I think my favorite Leonne is the Untouchables theme. Awesome stuff.
typo
[Reply]
Nzoner 08:10 AM 01-12-2019

[Reply]
Deberg_1990 08:32 AM 01-12-2019
Originally Posted by Baby Lee:
typo
Opps....Morricone. LOL
[Reply]
Up