ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 10 of 43
« First < 678910 1112131420 > Last »
Saccopoo Memorial Draft Forum>****OFFICIAL 2024 Saccopoo CP Mock Draft Thread****
DJ's left nut 03:33 PM 03-14-2024
Originally Posted by Chargem:
Is this who you were talking about before? I was thinking of Latham, but the same applied to JPJ really, although slightly less so.
JPJ would be a tougher short-term fit but an equally good long-term one.

I think just about any C can play OG. So I go ahead and extend Creed at Center rates then eventually move him to OG so I don't have to deal with these occasional bounced snaps anymore and put JPJ at C after Trey Smith walks and/or we lose Thuney for cap reasons.

Interior line is a sneaky big problem for us in the coming season or two. But I'm 100% confident we'll get it figured out fairly easily. So for that reason, of the two (Latham and JPJ) I'd go with Latham because ultimately I don't think we NEED to use a 1st round pick to fix a problem on the IOL. We very well may to deal with OT.
[Reply]
Chargem 03:40 PM 03-14-2024
Originally Posted by DJ's left nut:
JPJ would be a tougher short-term fit but an equally good long-term one.

I think just about any C can play OG. So I go ahead and extend Creed at Center rates then eventually move him to OG so I don't have to deal with these occasional bounced snaps anymore and put JPJ at C after Trey Smith walks and/or we lose Thuney for cap reasons.

Interior line is a sneaky big problem for us in the coming season or two. But I'm 100% confident we'll get it figured out fairly easily. So for that reason, of the two (Latham and JPJ) I'd go with Latham because ultimately I don't think we NEED to use a 1st round pick to fix a problem on the IOL. We very well may to deal with OT.
I think this is where I would have gotten to as well, but if Duncan took Latham instead I would have found it harder taking JPJ.
[Reply]
DJ's left nut 03:30 PM 03-14-2024
Originally Posted by staylor26:
That is exactly who I would've taken.

Great pick.
Yup - that's exactly what I'd do with this draft board.

Some good talent and for the right price I could be talked into a 10 pick or so trade down. But in a 'no trade' environment, Latham would be an easy pick for me.

A) Because I think Taylor can make the transition to LT
B) Because I'm not 100% sure Latham can't.

But I am almost certain that Latham is a long time starting OT in this league. He moves awfully well for a guy that big.
[Reply]
Chargem 03:28 PM 03-14-2024
I haven't DM'd Tamba btw
[Reply]
staylor26 03:29 PM 03-14-2024
Originally Posted by Chargem:
I haven't DM'd Tamba btw
Done.
[Reply]
staylor26 03:57 PM 03-14-2024
I would've just taken the best WR available on my board if duncan went Latham.
[Reply]
DJ's left nut 04:10 PM 03-14-2024
Originally Posted by staylor26:
I would've just taken the best WR available on my board if duncan went Latham.
Likewise
[Reply]
TambaBerry 04:05 PM 03-14-2024
The Carolina Panthers select TJ Tampa, CB, Iowa State
[Reply]
ModSocks 04:16 PM 03-14-2024
The New England Patriots select, Keon Coleman, WR, Florida State
[Reply]
staylor26 04:26 PM 03-14-2024
The Arizona Cardinals select Graham Barton, OL, Duke

Another team that needs OL help everywhere. Just plug Barton in at C or wherever he fits best.
[Reply]
ModSocks 05:04 PM 03-14-2024
BTW, im not drafting guys based on who I like, im drafting based on what i think these teams like and how they draft. Hence McCarthy over Maye.

I personally think Adonai Mitchell will be a bust, but totally right up the Bill's alley. I'd take Franklin over Coleman but, i don't think the Patriots would.
[Reply]
duncan_idaho 05:28 PM 03-14-2024
Originally Posted by ModSocks:
BTW, im not drafting guys based on who I like, im drafting based on what i think these teams like and how they draft. Hence McCarthy over Maye.

I personally think Adonai Mitchell will be a bust, but totally right up the Bill's alley. I'd take Franklin over Coleman but, i don't think the Patriots would.
That's the way to do it. I weighed Latham and Powers-Jackson for the 49ers. I would have taken Latham if it was me, but I think they'd prefer Powers-Jackson.

Same with the Chargers. There's no way in hell I would pass on the receiving options at that spot for a T, when I have a really good LT already and have serviceable options in house at RT. But I'm also not Jim Harbaugh.
[Reply]
DJ's left nut 12:14 AM 03-15-2024
Originally Posted by ModSocks:

Interesting

Never been how I've done it.

My goal isn't to do it as well as them, it's to do it better. I'm the GM. I'm not cosplaying as their GM.
[Reply]
staylor26 12:20 AM 03-15-2024
Originally Posted by DJ's left nut:
Interesting

Never been how I've done it.

My goal isn't to do it as well as them, it's to do it better. I'm the GM. I'm not cosplaying as their GM.
Same here.

I picked Stroud over Young last year so I can laugh at the Panthers that a nobody on a message board knew better than them.
[Reply]
Kellerfox 06:37 PM 03-14-2024
#NerdAlert

Each year I block off time to do deep dives on my teams, spending time on their draft forums, monitoring their likely and realized FA moves, reading draft articles by their affiliated journalists, and doing deeper dives into prospects who are scheme fits. Not a subject matter expert, but I make myself pretty damn informed. That's one of the fun things about this game/exercise to me.

It's also the reason I felt I could only take on and do 1 team justice this year given some personal things happening in life at the moment.
[Reply]
Page 10 of 43
« First < 678910 1112131420 > Last »
Up