ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 18 of 23
« First < 81415161718 19202122 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>Hardman to the Jets
RunKC 12:30 PM 03-22-2023

Source: Mecole Hardman has agreed to terms with the #Jets on a one-year deal. More speed for Cleveland’s offense. pic.twitter.com/yNw9If2Wc7

— Jeremy Fowler (@JFowlerESPN) March 22, 2023

[Reply]
BossChief 02:51 PM 03-25-2023
Originally Posted by wazu:
Doesn't sound like KC even made an offer.

Just listen to him talk and watch his body language.

Guys a total idiot. Biggest financial time in his whole life and he put it on auto pilot.

I can only imagine being in the WR room and guys that have been there a very limited amount of time are more advanced. Mecole is a fool.

If his elite speed is gone, he won’t be in the nfl much longer.
[Reply]
TwistedChief 02:55 PM 03-25-2023
Originally Posted by BossChief:

Guys a total idiot. Biggest financial time in his whole life and he put it on auto pilot.

I can only imagine being in the WR room and guys that have been there a very limited amount of time are more advanced. Mecole is a fool.

If his elite speed is gone, he won’t be in the nfl much longer.
I don’t get this attitude.

He had made some strides as a real receiver this last year before he got hurt.
[Reply]
RunKC 03:18 PM 03-25-2023
It’s like nobody followed the tea leaves. Hardman was benched in 2021 for Pringle and when Skyy was drafted our personnel department took shots at Hardman for his struggles.

This wasn’t a surprise
[Reply]
Megatron96 03:41 PM 03-25-2023
Originally Posted by TwistedChief:

No one wants to believe that. Three years ago much of CP decided Hardman couldn't run any routes, that he has bad hands, couldn't get in sync with Pat, and whatever other nonsense the detractors invented.

Didn't matter that you could watch any Chiefs highlight reel and literally watch Hardman track the ball well and make good catches deep downfield. Over and over.

Didn't matter last season when he repeatedly ran solid routes (not great ones, but good enough) and not only got himself open in a traditional WR route, but made some great grabs under duress with DBs draped all over him.

Didn't matter when he showed that he could find the soft spot in a zone fairly consistently, or improv when Pat scrambled and find s soft spot extemporaneously. And make tough catches as he was getting crushed by defenders.

Hardman's fate was decided in 2020 as far as CP was concerned. "He's just a jet-sweep gadget player!!!"

He had to go elsewhere to change that narrative.
[Reply]
Rausch 03:46 PM 03-25-2023

I don't think he's very bright. Hill isn't very bright either. I don't say that to insult anyone I'm just pointing out that isn't one of the strengths of either one of these gentlemen. They play a game of emotion and then transition to a money business in the off season that's about the numbers and isn't personal. But people who give their all and learn how to play a selfless team sport will take it personal. They're human.

I think Hardman wanted to be emotionless and professional and not say the wrong thing but he's just not "quick on his feet." He's not much of a communicator. If I'm right about any of this the best thing he could have done would be let his agent handle this and stay out of it. Sounds like he did or he at least wants it to sound like he did.

Not many dudes come out and admit "I gave it my all, I loved 'er, but she didn't want me." They may say she's a cheating whore or blame money issues but one person always loves the other a little more. That's just how it is. People move on - business definitely does. It's hard when you're the one in that position.
[Reply]
BossChief 03:54 PM 03-25-2023

and even then, Mahomes would routinely get frustrated with him and make hand gestures after plays trying to get on the same page…but Mecole will always be Mecole. I expect the same to happen with Rodgers, if NY is even able to trade god him.

And then he hurt his groin…

Then he reinjured it in the playoffs.

For a player with his specific skill set, that could be career altering.

I guess we’ll see.
[Reply]
TwistedChief 10:27 PM 03-25-2023
and even then, Mahomes would routinely get frustrated with him and make hand gestures after plays trying to get on the same page…but Mecole will always be Mecole. I expect the same to happen with Rodgers, if NY is even able to trade god him.

And then he hurt his groin…

Then he reinjured it in the playoffs.

For a player with his specific skill set, that could be career altering.

I guess we’ll see.
I always thought Hardman played dumb. Like, really dumb. But I felt like this past year was his season to go beyond that and I think we were
robbed of that because he was realllllly close.
[Reply]
Abba-Dabba 11:02 PM 03-25-2023
Originally Posted by alpha_omega:
Aside from housing, I would guess the state tax rate is higher.
Hmm, are we sure about that?

It is not just the state tax rate that matters. I would think overall tax would be a better gauge. According to whatever formula these videos use, shows Missouri with a slightly higher overall tax burden than New Jersey, where the Jets reside.

Missouri on 100k per year, 26.92% tax.
New Jersey on 100k per year, 26.84% tax.

[Reply]
Chief Pagan 11:03 PM 03-25-2023
Originally Posted by Megatron96:
[/B]
No one wants to believe that. Three years ago much of CP decided Hardman couldn't run any routes, that he has bad hands, couldn't get in sync with Pat, and whatever other nonsense the detractors invented.

Didn't matter that you could watch any Chiefs highlight reel and literally watch Hardman track the ball well and make good catches deep downfield. Over and over.

Didn't matter last season when he repeatedly ran solid routes (not great ones, but good enough) and not only got himself open in a traditional WR route, but made some great grabs under duress with DBs draped all over him.

Didn't matter when he showed that he could find the soft spot in a zone fairly consistently, or improv when Pat scrambled and find s soft spot extemporaneously. And make tough catches as he was getting crushed by defenders.

Hardman's fate was decided in 2020 as far as CP was concerned. "He's just a jet-sweep gadget player!!!"

He had to go elsewhere to change that narrative.
So BV would have resigned him but CP ran him out of town???

:-) :-) :-)
[Reply]
AussieChiefsFan 03:22 AM 03-26-2023
Originally Posted by Rasputin:
I get the point but his situation is a lot different than most guys in the league that are the main bread makers in the family. Making it easier for him to take less money and then look like he is doing it for the team. Take her money out of the equation would he have taken less money? I think not.
I doubt any QB on an NFL salary has to worry about feeding their family. And I think the conversation around taking less money for the sake of team success or personal legacy doesn't really apply to non-QBs.

You reckon Brady only felt comfortable in taking less money cos Gisele is loaded?
[Reply]
O.city 06:49 AM 03-26-2023
https://twitter.com/benvolin/status/...lHXA6BeO88mpxA
[Reply]
AussieChiefsFan 06:59 AM 03-26-2023
Originally Posted by O.city:
Isn't his contract still up to 6m or something with incentives?
[Reply]
MIAdragon 07:06 AM 03-26-2023
I always thought Hardman played dumb. Like, really dumb. But I felt like this past year was his season to go beyond that and I think we were
robbed of that because he was realllllly close.
Was said every single year with him…..
[Reply]
TwistedChief 07:21 AM 03-26-2023
Originally Posted by MIAdragon:
Was said every single year with him…..
Yes but there’s little question with Hill having moved on Hardman had a real
shot this year to excel in ways he didn’t previously.
[Reply]
ThaVirus 08:12 AM 03-26-2023
Originally Posted by O.city:
That has to be a typo, no?

1 year $1.5m? I would pay that for him even if I knew for a fact that he’d be the exact same player this year as last AND was going to miss half the season. That is peanuts for probably the best gadget guy in the NFL.
[Reply]
Page 18 of 23
« First < 81415161718 19202122 > Last »
Up