ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 12 of 23
« First < 289101112 1314151622 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>Hardman to the Jets
RunKC 12:30 PM 03-22-2023

Source: Mecole Hardman has agreed to terms with the #Jets on a one-year deal. More speed for Cleveland’s offense. pic.twitter.com/yNw9If2Wc7

— Jeremy Fowler (@JFowlerESPN) March 22, 2023

[Reply]
Bl00dyBizkitz 07:30 PM 03-22-2023
Trust in Veach on this one i suppose.

It already felt like Hardman was out the door, but now I do wonder what the plan is at WR going forward.
[Reply]
Molitoth 07:49 PM 03-22-2023
Mecole always came off to me as a guy who relied on talent as an excuse to not put in the work. He was also spoiled with a SB ring his rookie year. Most players have to work thier asses off for that benefit.

I could be wrong, but that's how it looks to me.
[Reply]
Megatron96 08:09 PM 03-22-2023
Originally Posted by Bl00dyBizkitz:
Trust in Veach on this one i suppose.

It already felt like Hardman was out the door, but now I do wonder what the plan is at WR going forward.
We're signing a veteran WR and drafting at least one WR in an early round. Gut says in the 2nd, because we need to draft an EDGE in the first.
[Reply]
Chris Meck 08:11 PM 03-22-2023
Originally Posted by Megatron96:
We're signing a veteran WR and drafting at least one WR in an early round. Gut says in the 2nd, because we need to draft an EDGE in the first.
So...why are you arguing with me on all of these threads when we're LITERALLY saying the same thing?
[Reply]
tredadda 08:27 PM 03-22-2023
Originally Posted by Megatron96:
Second round is Veach’s money round. I am good with that.
[Reply]
Rasputin 08:39 PM 03-22-2023
Now he will be doing the jet sweep for the Jets. Seems fitting team for him to go too.
[Reply]
Rainbarrel 08:49 PM 03-22-2023
Give up on pussy tease Rodgers and trade for Lamar :-)
[Reply]
OKchiefs 08:56 PM 03-22-2023
Originally Posted by tredadda:
Second round is Veach’s money round. I am good with that.
Because the results with his WR picks in the second have been so spectacular…
[Reply]
staylor26 09:01 PM 03-22-2023
Originally Posted by OKchiefs:
Because the results with his WR picks in the second have been so spectacular…

Veach has drafted 2, and one has played exactly one season and the other was closer to a hit than a miss.

He also drafted CEH in the 1st then turned around and found Pacheco in the 7th. What happened before means absolutely nothing about the future.

Go root for your boy Brandon Beane and the Bills bundle of sticks.
[Reply]
J Diddy 09:59 PM 03-22-2023
Originally Posted by staylor26:
Veach has drafted 2, and one has played exactly one season and the other was closer to a hit than a miss.

He also drafted CEH in the 1st then turned around and found Pacheco in the 7th. What happened before means absolutely nothing about the future.

Go root for your boy Brandon Beane and the Bills bundle of sticks.
I wouldn't say that Mecole was more of a hit than a miss. If I were to describe his career in a sentence it would be this:

Mecole was a speedy wide receiver who was often injured, was mediocre at route running, had sub-par hands but would occasionally make the big play.

I hope he has a great career but lets not kid ourselves.
[Reply]
Demonpenz 10:04 PM 03-22-2023
wasn't consistant and had some head scratching days where he has blazing speed but couldn't get open. He had some nice games and I don't think he was lazy or anything. He just doesn't have the it factor. He was better than people in here are giving credit for. 2 super bowl teams. Winner at the highest level. That is pretty good.
[Reply]
Megatron96 10:09 PM 03-22-2023
Originally Posted by Chris Meck:
So...why are you arguing with me on all of these threads when we're LITERALLY saying the same thing?
Somebody has to do it:-)

But also because your plan is the most conservative as far as resources are concerned, and I can't argue with that.

Doesn't mean I like it. Or that I want that. It's just the path of least resistance.

And, I said 'veteran WR,' which could mean some middling WR like you think Veach will go after. Or it could mean a real honest-to-God WR with some real juice in the tank to burn. Or, something in between.
[Reply]
staylor26 11:22 PM 03-22-2023
Originally Posted by J Diddy:
I wouldn't say that Mecole was more of a hit than a miss. If I were to describe his career in a sentence it would be this:

Mecole was a speedy wide receiver who was often injured, was mediocre at route running, had sub-par hands but would occasionally make the big play.

I hope he has a great career but lets not kid ourselves.
That's because people like yourselves have unrealistic expectations when it comes to the draft.

Not D.K. Metcalf doesn't mean a miss.

You know what a miss is? Look at Parris Campbell and JJ Arcega-Whiteside. Mecole was a productive player from year 1, and was arguably the best gadget player in the league. He's easily one of the more productive WRs from that draft. He certainly played his role in our success.

So, for a 2nd round pick, he was absolutely closer to a hit than a miss.
[Reply]
Rasputin 11:38 PM 03-22-2023
Originally Posted by staylor26:
That's because people like yourselves have unrealistic expectations when it comes to the draft.

Not D.K. Metcalf doesn't mean a miss.

You know what a miss is? Look at Parris Campbell and JJ Arcega-Whiteside. Mecole was a productive player from year 1, and was arguably the best gadget player in the league. He's easily one of the more productive WRs from that draft. He certainly played his role in our success.

So, for a 2nd round pick, he was absolutely closer to a hit than a miss.

He was on pace to have 12+ touchdowns this year both receiving and rushing. I think this could have been his break out year second half of the season but got derailed. Now see we will see what kind of productivity he brings to the Jets.
[Reply]
ThyKingdomCome15 02:07 AM 03-23-2023
Hardman was reliable but limited. You could always count on his strong points and weaknesses. His number one weakness was always not being fully in sync with Patrick. They had an odd chemistry, which was the opposite with a JAG like D-Rob.
[Reply]
Page 12 of 23
« First < 289101112 1314151622 > Last »
Up