ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 249 of 2693
« First < 149199239245246247248249 2502512522532592993497491249 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>*****The Patrick Mahomes Thread*****
Dante84 07:19 PM 04-27-2017
IT ****ING HAPPENED

OP UPDATE:

Because of all the interest in this thread, I've place all of the video content of Patrick Mahomes II's college career, and draft day goodness into a single post that can be found here. Enjoy!
[Reply]
jjchieffan 11:08 AM 07-07-2017
Originally Posted by DaneMcCloud:
Wentz was a 3 year starter in a pro style offense and a 5 time National Champion. He was also 23 years old.
Originally Posted by RunKC:
Agreed.

The pro style offense knowledge is his biggest hurdle. Mahomes would have to blow everyone away at camp for Andy to even think of starting him.
Plus, history hasn't been exactly kind to 21 year old rookie QB's.
I'm not disagreeing at all. That's why I stated that I'm not saying that he will or should start. All I am saying is that we can't rule it out completely.I will say that I am very excited to see him take over as the starter, whenever that may be.
[Reply]
raybec 4 11:13 AM 07-07-2017
Er'body pump the brakes, Smith will finish this year and maybe next as the starter. And that's OK.
[Reply]
DaneMcCloud 11:15 AM 07-07-2017
Originally Posted by jjchieffan:
All I am saying is that we can't rule it out completely.
Who is "we"?
[Reply]
jjchieffan 11:20 AM 07-07-2017
Who is "we"?
Chiefs fans, CP members, Anyone who is waiting to see when he starts.
[Reply]
DaneMcCloud 11:46 AM 07-07-2017
Originally Posted by jjchieffan:
Chiefs fans, CP members, Anyone who is waiting to see when he starts.
He's not going to start until 2018 at the earliest.
[Reply]
Rasputin 11:52 AM 07-07-2017
He's not going to start until 2018 at the earliest.
That is a good and valid opinion yes indeed.
[Reply]
Rasputin 11:59 AM 07-07-2017
What are we going do if we are counted out of playoffs with two or three games of the season? Play Bray LMFAO what a joke and insult to fans.
[Reply]
JakeF 11:59 AM 07-07-2017
Originally Posted by raybec 4:
Er'body pump the brakes, Smith will finish this year and maybe next as the starter. And that's OK.
Smith's contract is going to push for Mahomes to start next year. I believe that Smith's cap number jumps up to 20 million next year. It's going to be hard for the Chiefs to resist not freeing up 17 million dollars by trading or releasing Smith.
[Reply]
TigeRRUppeRRcut 12:31 PM 07-07-2017
Originally Posted by JakeF:
Smith's contract is going to push for Mahomes to start next year. I believe that Smith's cap number jumps up to 20 million next year. It's going to be hard for the Chiefs to resist not freeing up 17 million dollars by trading or releasing Smith.
Or they just move dead money from 2018 into the 2019 season. Pretty simple.
[Reply]
TigeRRUppeRRcut 12:33 PM 07-07-2017
Originally Posted by Chiefnj2:
"Routinely"??? Kelce is arguably the best TE in the NFL at the moment and Smith could only find him for 4 TDs last year. Way to thread the needle Smith.
They have a connection rate that make coaches drool. Both Kelce and Reek hauled in more than 70% of their targets.
[Reply]
JakeF 01:45 PM 07-07-2017
Originally Posted by TigerUppercut:
Or they just move dead money from 2018 into the 2019 season. Pretty simple.
What are you talking about? The Chiefs will have the ability to free up 17 million in cap space by trading or releasing Alex Smith next year. It looks like the Chiefs will be up against the cap next year so if Mahomes is even close they might opt for the cap space. The only thing that prevents the change at QB next year is Mahomes being a disaster or Reid's reluctance to change.
[Reply]
DaneMcCloud 01:52 PM 07-07-2017
Originally Posted by KC Tattoo:
That is a good and valid opinion yes indeed.
It's not an opinion. Unless Smith is injured, the Chiefs won't play Mahomes in 2017. Hell, they may not play him even if Smith is injured.
[Reply]
DaneMcCloud 01:53 PM 07-07-2017
What are we going do if we are counted out of playoffs with two or three games of the season? Play Bray LMFAO what a joke and insult to fans.
The Chiefs haven't been "out of the playoffs with 2 or 3 games left" since Andy Reid arrived in 2013.

There's a much better chance that they're jockeying for the #2 seed at that time than being out of the playoff picture.
[Reply]
Coogs 02:45 PM 07-07-2017
What are we going do if we are counted out of playoffs with two or three games of the season?
I posted this several times in this thread, and still see it as an option. Time will tell, but if 2018 is an option, I don't see them wanting to send Mahomes out cold to start the season. Get him a couple/three starts to have tape to build on and/or fix things from that tape in the off season.
[Reply]
Rasputin 03:13 PM 07-07-2017
It's not an opinion. Unless Smith is injured, the Chiefs won't play Mahomes in 2017. Hell, they may not play him even if Smith is injured.
I know I won't change your mind and that's fine, but you are not convincing me that there is no chance for PMII to play this season. Coach Reid is giving him opportunity to challenge for the #2 spot to backup Alex Smith and Tyler Bray is the incumbent. Do you really think PMII isn't good enough to beat out Tyler Bray in preseason?

Now there are all kinds of variables and scenarios that need to be played out & we haven't even started TC yet. We don't even know if Justin Houston legs are going hold up for the season and if Dee Ford is going blossom anymore we need him to step it up because Tamba Hali isn't going do much and DJ is another year older too. So are we going expect a turnover machine defense like we had last year? We have a lot of pieces on defense for it to be good but can it sustain that kind of fortune and that leads to the lack of offensive production that is lead by the one and only Alex Smith. Alex Smith handicaps this team so if he isn't getting the job done and the Chiefs have a hard time holding their heads above water 16 games is not likely Alex Smith can stay healthy for 16 games with his concussion history. So do you want to have our season hinge on Tyler Bray if Coaches feel PM II is suitable to back up Alex Smith by winning the #2 spot in preseason? So many variables they could drop Bray for another teams backup via trade or what not anything is really possible right now including a chance Patrick Mahomes II takes the field at some point later this season. I know you wont agree with anything I said I'm not turning my opinions into fact. It's still an opinion to say Patrick Mahomes II won't play this season. It's a darn good opinion though.
[Reply]
Page 249 of 2693
« First < 149199239245246247248249 2502512522532592993497491249 > Last »
Up