ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 18 of 52
« First < 81415161718 1920212228 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>New Chief TE Travis Kelce
TribalElder 06:43 PM 04-26-2013
http://www.nfl.com/draft/2013/profil...lce?id=2540258

OVERVIEW
In high school, Kelce was a three sport star, but his best sport was always football. He was a three-year letter winner at quarterback, and earned All-Lake Erie League honors after totaling 2,539 yards of total offense and 31 total touchdowns as a senior. Kelce’s uncle Don Blalock played football at Purdue and grandfather Don Blalock played football at Ohio. Travis is the younger brother of former Cincinnati Bearcats and current Philadelphia Eagles center Jason Kelce.

In his first year on campus, Travis redshirted. In his redshirt freshman year, Kelce participated in 11 games as the tight end. He caught one pass for three yards. Kelce also played some quarterback, strictly in a Wildcat role. He logged eight carries for 47 yards and two touchdowns. Kelce did not play in 2010, as he was suspended for a violation of team rules. Upon his return in 2011, Kelce caught 13 passes for 150 yards and two touchdowns. In his senior season, Kelce put himself on the NFL prospect map, as he caught 45 passes for 722 yards and eight touchdowns. He was selected to the All-Big East first team for his play.
ANALYSIS
STRENGTHS Kelce has an ideal tight end frame. Athletic for his size, with great strength, and the ability to stretch the field vertically. Very physical run blocker, generates power from the lower half, and will move defenders off the ball. Plays with leverage. Wide catching radius, can adjust and make the difficult catch. Tough to bring down after the catch. Light feet, and has lined up in numerous different positions.
WEAKNESSES Suspended for an entire season for violating team rules. Only one season of production. Doesn't have blazing speed. Not a tremendously explosive athlete. Doesn't come out of his breaks all that well.
NFL COMPARISON Rob Gronkowski
BOTTOM LINE Kelce has been a tremendous run blocker throughout his career for the Bearcats, but really elevated his game as a receiver in his senior season. He isn't a tremendous athlete, but he does a lot of things very well. It's a deep tight end class, but Kelce's play suggests that he should be highly sought after.
[Reply]
chiefzilla1501 11:56 PM 04-26-2013
Originally Posted by Rausch:
You better ****ing shine b!tch.

You better shine...
Andy Reid has had a 600+ yard receiving tight end almost every year he's coached. Between Chad Lewis, LJ Smith, and Brent Celek, he's had a remarkable history with tight ends who play a far more important role than in most offenses.

If he catches or over 600+ years and can block, then that's a good 3.1
[Reply]
Fairplay 11:57 PM 04-26-2013
Originally Posted by Nomadic1:
It's hard to appreciate what Kelce does through just watching his receptions you tube. com/watch?v= gUj5zK06orY
You'll need to delete the spaces, apparently new users aren't supposed to post links.
In his time at Cincinnati, he took people's heads off on offense and special teams, he's been a great route runner, he has the kind of speed to challenge safeties, he's got great hands and is an incredible load to bring down.
He does not have a frat boy-ish personality, he was forced to sit through the 2010 season after he failed a drug screening for weed...
While I do not know the needs of the Chiefs, he's not way down the list of tight ends. Kid has everything you could want in a tight end, Scouts inc rated him the 4th best of a deep TE draft. Personally, I think he's 2nd. He may not be a pro bowler, he certainly won't hurt you. He's carved of wood and thus far, has not shown himself to be frail.

The only real knock with Kelce, is he is a hot head when he plays. He seems mellow off the field but he's incredibly competitive on it. Sometimes, to a fault.(Not like an every game thing though)

Interesting note, he came to UC as a quarterback...

Good first post. rep
[Reply]
Imon Yourside 12:07 AM 04-27-2013
I don't think it's been as bad as people think, Let's give it a chance.

[Reply]
Chiefaholic 12:09 AM 04-27-2013
Originally Posted by Saulbadguy:
I hope both of his ACL's burst.
This has to be the worse fan base in the entire NFL. That's pathetic
[Reply]
WhawhaWhat 12:18 AM 04-27-2013
Originally Posted by KILLER_CLOWN:
I don't think it's been as bad as people think, Let's give it a chance.
Totally agree. I doubt any of the whiners have ever watched one play of his. If the worst complaint is that he loved blow, I can't fault him for that.
[Reply]
Fairplay 12:23 AM 04-27-2013
Can you imagine if Kelce ends up being a Rob Gronkowski clone or close to it?

I will look up this thread in the future and laugh at the negative comments, bring it back for old times sake. Get your paper bags ready to put on your heads you brutes.
[Reply]
Imon Yourside 12:25 AM 04-27-2013
Originally Posted by Fairplay:
Can you imagine if Kelce ends up being a Rob Gronkowski clone or close to it?

I will look up this thread in the future and laugh at the negative comments, bring it back for old times sake. Get your paper bags ready to put on your heads you brutes.
I wouldn't go that far yet either, We can however give him a chance.
[Reply]
penbrook 12:48 AM 04-27-2013
Originally Posted by KILLER_CLOWN:
I wouldn't go that far yet either, We can however give him a chance.
NFL.com compares him to Gronk.

Kelce compares himself to Shockey.
[Reply]
Titty Meat 12:53 AM 04-27-2013
Fuck him
[Reply]
Rausch 01:04 AM 04-27-2013
Originally Posted by penbook:
NFL.com compares him to Gronk.

Kelce compares himself to Shockey.
I want to puke more now...
[Reply]
penbrook 01:07 AM 04-27-2013
Per Dave Skretta

Hunt: "We had a need at the quarterback position. When we were able to pull off a trade on Alex Smith, really for me, that issue went away."
[Reply]
Rausch 01:09 AM 04-27-2013
Per Dave Skretta

Hunt: "We had a need at the quarterback position. When we were able to pull off a trade on Alex Smith, really for me, that issue went away."
:-)
[Reply]
Imon Yourside 01:11 AM 04-27-2013
Per Dave Skretta

In other words, ticket sales are back to normal so status quo is good.
[Reply]
New World Order 01:12 AM 04-27-2013
Per Dave Skretta

Haha
[Reply]
kcxiv 01:40 AM 04-27-2013
just like his dad, he doesnt fucking learn.

I see all the Chiefs fans on twitter, facebook and their home page with all these the sun is shining comments that reid is going to make it all better.. Its like how many times does one have to be hit in the fucking head to realize hey, it hurts. move stupid. lol
[Reply]
Page 18 of 52
« First < 81415161718 1920212228 > Last »
Up