Page 146 of 4823
« First < 4696136142143144145146 1471481491501561962466461146 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>Broncos news megathread
ROYC75 04:26 PM 08-12-2014
Discussion: All things Broncos.
[Reply]
Mile High Mania 04:48 AM 10-05-2015
Originally Posted by BlackOp:
I do need to point out that the NFL gave KC GB and Bengals on the road...and Denver plays them at home.

They ****ed the Chiefs pretty hard this season...3 home games thru the first 11 weeks.
Denver has 4 home games out of the first 10 weeks... includes bye, so 5 of 9 are on the road. The upside is they have home games later in the season, same with KC. 3 out of the last 4 for KC are in KC, not sure what's not to like about that.
[Reply]
Quesadilla Joe 10:34 AM 10-05-2015

Stink @markschlereth on AXS tonight: "I watch every play of every game and there's no defense in the league that can match the Denver D".

— Vic Lombardi (@VicLombardi) October 5, 2015

:-)
[Reply]
listopencil 11:01 AM 10-05-2015
Originally Posted by KnowMo2724:

:-)
I underestimated Wade's affect on our D. I was merely OK with the move but not excited about it. Deep fried crow with a side of bacon and a cold beer is mighty fine on a warm October afternoon.
[Reply]
Bowser 11:26 AM 10-05-2015
Originally Posted by listopencil:
I underestimated Wade's affect on our D. I was merely OK with the move but not excited about it. Deep fried crow with a side of bacon and a cold beer is mighty fine on a warm October afternoon.
Wade is an average at best head coach, but he is the real deal as a d-coordinator. I REALLY wanted the Chiefs to make a serious run at him for the position here. He just has a way of scheming and coaching defenses.
[Reply]
ThaVirus 11:27 AM 10-05-2015
Denver's defense is playing pretty well. They rush their premier guys on every fucking play when it comes to crunch time in the 4th quarter and I fucking love that. It also looks better now than it has at any other point in Manning's time there, but they can't stop the run. They also can't run the ball on the offensive side or protect the QB with any regularity.

That is not a winning formula in January.

They'll be absolutely dismantled by New England or Cincinnati.
[Reply]
BlackOp 11:28 AM 10-05-2015
Originally Posted by Mile High Mania:
Denver has 4 home games out of the first 10 weeks... includes bye, so 5 of 9 are on the road. The upside is they have home games later in the season, same with KC. 3 out of the last 4 for KC are in KC, not sure what's not to like about that.
KC's schedule looks pretty forgiving from here on out....wont be surprised if they get on some type of run. Brutal start but the end is pretty much like Denver's first portion.

Denver has pretty tough sledding after the bye.

I dont think anyone is running away with the West....Chiefs fans are down but I'm not. Going to just sit back and watch this thing play out. Conference games haven even really started yet....
[Reply]
listopencil 11:32 AM 10-05-2015
Originally Posted by ThaVirus:
Denver's defense is playing pretty well. They rush their premier guys on every fucking play when it comes to crunch time in the 4th quarter and I fucking love that. It also looks better now than it has at any other point in Manning's time there, but they can't stop the run. They also can't run the ball on the offensive side or protect the QB with any regularity.

Adrian Peterson had 48 yards on one blown 4th down assignment by the Denver D. Other than that he had 33 yards on 15 carries.
[Reply]
ThaVirus 11:36 AM 10-05-2015
Originally Posted by BlackOp:
KC's schedule looks pretty forgiving from here on out....wont be surprised if they get on some type of run. Brutal start but the end is pretty much like Denver's first portion.

Denver has pretty tough sledding after the bye.

I dont think anyone is running away with the West....Chiefs fans are down but I'm not. Going to just sit back and watch this thing play out. Conference games haven even really started yet....
It's week 4 and we're already 3 games back...

Come on, bro.
[Reply]
ThaVirus 11:40 AM 10-05-2015
Originally Posted by listopencil:
Adrian Peterson had 48 yards on one blown 4th down assignment by the Denver D. Other than that he had 33 yards on 15 carries.
That counts, bro. That play completely changed the complexion of the game.. and it took place in the 4th quarter.

You know whose run defense Denver's resembles on average, statistically speaking? The Chiefs. They're identical in two of the major categories (YPC and TDs allowed). And let me tell you, the Chiefs run defense isn't good.
[Reply]
Quesadilla Joe 11:47 AM 10-05-2015
It also looks better now than it has at any other point in Manning's time there, but they can't stop the run. They also can't run the ball on the offensive side or protect the QB with any regularity.
Peterson did nothing all game until that 4th and 1 run. Take away Peterson's one long run and he had 15 carries for 33 yards.

We've given up two sacks in the last two games. Our pass protection is night and day if you compare the preseason to what it is now. The Chiefs gave us some problems, but as soon as we went into shotgun and used our no huddle, your passrush became nonexistent.
[Reply]
ThaVirus 11:50 AM 10-05-2015
Originally Posted by KnowMo2724:
Take away Peterson's one long run...
Unfortunately, it doesn't work that way..
[Reply]
manchambo 11:54 AM 10-05-2015
Denver's defense is playing pretty well. They rush their premier guys on every ****ing play when it comes to crunch time in the 4th quarter and I ****ing love that. It also looks better now than it has at any other point in Manning's time there, but they can't stop the run. They also can't run the ball on the offensive side or protect the QB with any regularity.

Fun to make shit up, isn't it. The truth is Denver has the 11th ranked rush defense after facing two of the best runners in the game in the first four games.
[Reply]
manchambo 11:56 AM 10-05-2015
Originally Posted by Pasta Giant Meatball:
Packed their shit in good on a fifty yardee. Barely beat an average Vikes squad at home.
By that logic Denver has a good rushing offense because Hillman had a 72 yard run.
[Reply]
ThaVirus 12:02 PM 10-05-2015
Originally Posted by manchambo:
Fun to make shit up, isn't it. The truth is Denver has the 11th ranked rush defense after facing two of the best runners in the game in the first four games.
I'm not making up statistics.

Statistically speaking, Denver's run defense is nearly identical to Kansas City's in the two major categories. YPC at 4.0 and TDs allowed are both at 4.

Denver gives up a higher percentage of runs for 1st downs and has allowed more 20+ and 40+ yarders.

... And the Chiefs run defense isn't good.
[Reply]
manchambo 12:12 PM 10-05-2015
I'm not making up statistics.

Statistically speaking, Denver's run defense is nearly identical to Kansas City's in the two major categories. YPC at 4.0 and TDs allowed are both at 4.

Denver gives up a higher percentage of runs for 1st downs and has allowed more 20+ and 40+ yarders.

... And the Chiefs run defense isn't good.
The fact that Denver is statistically top third apparently is doesn't work for what passes for logic for you.

Let's come at this a different way. Denver just faced th second best rushing offense in the league but, according to you, Denver can't stop the run. How did Denver stop it?
[Reply]
Page 146 of 4823
« First < 4696136142143144145146 1471481491501561962466461146 > Last »
Up