ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 107 of 171
« First < 75797103104105106107 108109110111117157 > Last »
Media Center>Must Watch Series
Buehler445 08:54 AM 04-26-2012
All this talk about series, how network TV Sucks, and how hard it is to find quality shows, and some excellent shows that fly under the radar, I need a comprehensive review of all the series I need to see.

For good entertainment, I would be willing to buy DVD sets. But I've recently picked up HBOGO by kiping it from my parents, and recently got Netflix and Amazon Prime.

Here is a listing of shows that I currently own or have seen all the episodes of. If it isn't on the list, just assume I haven't seen it.

Spoiler!

Here is a listing of shows that I'm currently watching
Spoiler!

Here is a listing of shows on my list to watch (mostly due to this thread)
Spoiler!

I work a fuckton, so it is hard for me catch a series while it is on to get it on the DVR, but I recognize the entertainment value and am willing to go after the Must See shows. Accordingly, I'm not necessarily looking for anything that is still running. I'm up for watching stuff that has run its course.

So what say you, Planet? Which shows should I see?

UPDATED for the shows I've seen recently.
[Reply]
HemiEd 06:55 PM 03-06-2022
Stumbled on to "Pieces of Her" today on Netflix. Riviting, highly recommend it. Not a boring moment so far and I am about half way through it.

[Reply]
KCUnited 07:17 PM 03-06-2022
Originally Posted by HemiEd:
Stumbled on to "Pieces of Her" today on Netflix. Riviting, highly recommend it. Not a boring moment so far and I am about half way through it.

Literally between episodes of this right now and hope to finish it tonight. Agree, it’s very well done.
[Reply]
HemiEd 08:05 PM 03-06-2022
Originally Posted by KCUnited:
Literally between episodes of this right now and hope to finish it tonight. Agree, it’s very well done.
I made it to 6, going to save some of it for tomorrow. :-)
[Reply]
Simply Red 06:17 AM 03-07-2022
I remember when Stranger Things season 1 dropped (originally) - I was in the middle of watching a bunch of things. I was able to get through 2 episodes yesterday. No surprise that I really like it so far.
[Reply]
Pepe Silvia 12:56 PM 03-07-2022
I’ve still never seen Stranger Things. Not sure I ever will.
[Reply]
alicestevens 03-13-2022, 02:28 PM
This message has been deleted by Bearcat.
crayzkirk 03:07 PM 03-13-2022
Originally Posted by PackerinMo:
I’ve still never seen Stranger Things. Not sure I ever will.
I made it through the first season and found it mildly interesting; after a couple of episodes into season 2, I just never watched another one.

Wish I had done that on the Lost In Space series... UGH.
[Reply]
Buehler445 09:12 PM 03-13-2022
Caught S5 of The Last Kingdom.

I rewatched the series because I forgot what happened. On the rewatch, it was a lot better than I remembered. I distinctly remember being put off by some of the dialogue and the acting of the lead actor. It wasn't at all like I remembered. In fact, I thought the acting was really good and there was some really good dialogue. I'm guessing I was put off by his accent, which was dumb in my part.

There wasn't much that I didn't like on the rewatch. Beocca was my guy. I loved that dude. Finan was awesome in every scene. Sihtric and Osferth was really good too. Pyrlig banter was great also.

Looking objectively, Aldhelm was really the only guy making even decent decisions. That's just a sidenote, but he's really the only politician worth following. Save, maybe Aethylflead. But she does a bunch of dumb shit too. I found myself glad that dude made it to the end.

I laughed for a week when Uhtred let Sihtric shack up with a chick.

"Thank you Lord! I will name my first child Uhtred!"

"You will NOT."

"Right. I will not."

:-)

If this is the end of the series, I'm glad I binged the whole thing. There is a lot of connective tissue and continuity that gets lost in the time between seasons that I thought I was getting, but I apparently was not. It really is a lot better show than I gave it credit for.
[Reply]
Pepe Silvia 01:02 AM 03-18-2022
I’m rewatching Eastbound and Down.

Magical Adventures 1,2,3.
[Reply]
lawrenceRaider 07:58 AM 03-30-2022
1883 is fantastic. Someone here recommended it, and I wanted to say thanks.
[Reply]
Jenson71 02:27 PM 03-30-2022
I can't be the only one here enjoying The Dropout about Elizabeth Holmes and Theranos (on Hulu). I didn't have much background information on the real-life events (not much into tech or Silicon Valley stuff), and it's tempting to spoil it by looking up the real-life persons (particularly the good guys, like Kevin Hunter and the first inventor of the box who challenged Holmes) after each episode.
[Reply]
Buehler445 03:15 PM 03-30-2022
Originally Posted by Jenson71:
I can't be the only one here enjoying The Dropout about Elizabeth Holmes and Theranos (on Hulu). I didn't have much background information on the real-life events (not much into tech or Silicon Valley stuff), and it's tempting to spoil it by looking up the real-life persons (particularly the good guys, like Kevin Hunter and the first inventor of the box who challenged Holmes) after each episode.
I haven't went that direction because I read (well listened to) Bad Blood by John Carreyrou. It was pretty definitive. I also listened to Thicker Than Water by Tyler Schultz, who was one of the whistleblowers. His grandpa, former SOS George Schultz was a major investor, and the family dynamics were interesting as hell. And it was pretty amazing to see the story from the perspective from a green 20 year old kid.

As interesting as the story is, I'd recommend getting the entire story from the book.

Same thing with We Crashed. This spring I listened to The Cult of We by Eliot Brown and Maureen Farrell. It is also pretty definitive.

I can't imagine a few hours of heavily dramatized dialogue will take the place of 30 hour books.

I'm a total nerd for business. And the frauds these guys manage to pull off for a shocking amount of time never ceases to amaze. I always feel like I need a shower when I'm done, but I can't help myself. I just have to listen to the books.
[Reply]
TwistedChief 08:12 AM 03-31-2022
Originally Posted by Jenson71:
I just finished Ted Lasso - which was truly a joy - and am deciding between Super Pumped (uber), The Drop Out (Theranos), and WeCrashed (WeWork).

So much corporate misbehavior, so little time.
[Reply]
Buehler445 09:20 PM 03-31-2022
Originally Posted by TwistedChief:
I just finished Ted Lasso - which was truly a joy - and am deciding between Super Pumped (uber), The Drop Out (Theranos), and WeCrashed (WeWork).

I really do recommend you read the books if you’re at all interested in the stories.
[Reply]
Baby Lee 09:02 AM 04-01-2022
Just started, promising, star-studded.

[Reply]
htismaqe 09:08 AM 04-01-2022
Originally Posted by TwistedChief:

Can't believe you waited this long to finish Lasso. Great show.
[Reply]
Page 107 of 171
« First < 75797103104105106107 108109110111117157 > Last »
Up