ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 6 of 8
« First < 23456 78 >
Nzoner's Game Room>***Official Royals vs Tigers GDT - June 16***
ChiefsCountry 10:30 AM 06-16-2021

Brady Singer heads to the mound for the series finale vs. the Tigers.#TogetherRoyal pic.twitter.com/N5N6a7HB2n

— Kansas City Royals (@Royals) June 16, 2021

Going for the sweep today!

Sign up with @PointsBetMI now and get an exclusive offer! ➡️ https://t.co/A9FicMGBbh pic.twitter.com/S8VfLY4KgD

— Detroit Tigers (@tigers) June 16, 2021

[Reply]
gblowfish 02:47 PM 06-16-2021
What's with these negative waves? Who said anything about locking horns with Tigers???

[Reply]
Chiefspants 02:49 PM 06-16-2021
Originally Posted by gblowfish:
What's with these negative waves? Who said anything about locking horns with Tigers???
How much are you enjoying this?
[Reply]
Mecca 02:51 PM 06-16-2021
Originally Posted by nychief:
This team drives me fucking crazy... they excel at nothing. Luckily the young players are regressing.
It's better if you expect nothing, they aren't any good.
[Reply]
Mama Hip Rockets 02:53 PM 06-16-2021
Your schtick is getting old, dude.
[Reply]
SCTrojan 02:54 PM 06-16-2021
:-):-):-)

I’ll try to think of something righteous and hopeful to say
[Reply]
gblowfish 02:55 PM 06-16-2021
Originally Posted by Chiefspants:
How much are you enjoying this?
I hate losing streaks. This is not rock bottom for me though. Back in the early 2000s when the Royals were losing 100 games a year. I started one season rooting for the Kansas City Kanchos, a fantasy team I invented. The Kanchos were the team KC was playing, and they became my personal home team. The Kanchos won over 100 games and won the AL Central by 12 games. It was the ultimate "Schadenfreude" season. It was the only way I could tolerate the losing.

Look up "Kancho."
[Reply]
Mecca 02:55 PM 06-16-2021
Originally Posted by Mama Hip Rockets:
I thought it was the shittiness of the Royals that was getting old.
[Reply]
Mama Hip Rockets 03:00 PM 06-16-2021
Originally Posted by Mecca:
I thought it was the shittiness of the Royals that was getting old.
Yes, but guys like gblowfish and BWillie who seem to be actively rooting against them make it even more miserable.
[Reply]
gblowfish 03:02 PM 06-16-2021
I prefer the title "Irritant in Residence."

[Reply]
Mecca 03:02 PM 06-16-2021
Yes, but guys like gblowfish and BWillie who seem to be actively rooting against them make it even more miserable.
I think most people unless they were being super homers could see this coming a mile a way. Whit is aging and declining, Mondesi is super injury prone, the lineup in general is ass.

85% of this rebuild is based on pitching, pitchers fail at an enormous rate whether from injury, being awful or ending up relievers.
[Reply]
Prison Bitch 03:02 PM 06-16-2021
I think it’s funny. Was George like this during Chiefs 08 and 12?
[Reply]
Mecca 03:04 PM 06-16-2021
Originally Posted by Prison Bitch:
I think it’s funny. Was George like this during Chiefs 08 and 12?
I was...they were at a point where losing was better than winning to get people fired.
[Reply]
Chiefspants 03:05 PM 06-16-2021
Originally Posted by Mecca:
85% of this rebuild is based on pitching, pitchers fail at an enormous rate whether from injury, being awful or ending up relievers.
True, but there are exciting signs for our pitching. It’s an enormous accomplishment that four drafted pitchers all made the majors. And any baseball fan will tell you there’s going to be growing pains with that.

I guess what I don’t get is some don’t want to engage in the prospect talk at all and are just ****ing on this MLB team at every opportunity, when this year was never going to be the year we were going for the ship.
[Reply]
theoldcoach 03:07 PM 06-16-2021
Staumont is just fucking all over the place.
[Reply]
Mecca 03:08 PM 06-16-2021
Originally Posted by Chiefspants:
True, but there are exciting signs for our pitching. It’s an enormous accomplishment that four drafted pitchers all made the majors. And any baseball fan will tell you there’s going to be growing pains with that.

I guess what I don’t get is some don’t want to engage in the prospect talk at all and are just ****ing on this MLB team at every opportunity, when this year was never going to be the year we were going for the ship.
I'm a believer in building around position players just because it's safer. I don't look at any of the Royals pitchers and seen an ace.
[Reply]
Page 6 of 8
« First < 23456 78 >
Up