ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 27 of 34
« First < 172324252627 28293031 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>*****The Wanya Morris Thread*****
Dante84 08:43 PM 04-28-2023
More to come!

Wanya Morris was drafted with pick 92 of round 3 in the 2023 draft class. He scored a 8.35 #RAS out of a possible 10.00. This ranked 215 out of 1294 OT from 1987 to 2023. https://t.co/KnzoH8NdfS pic.twitter.com/KZgxtMNcfb

— Kent Lee Platte (@MathBomb) April 29, 2023

Pick 95: Wanya Morris OT OU

The competition at RT isn't eye popping but it may be enough to feel comfortable to not reach. Adding another hat to the ring may be the move.

Morris has the length and natural movement the Chiefs often look for at OT. Clean up his hands & thrive pic.twitter.com/tDDr7f22NC

— Matt Lane (@Matty_KCSN) April 24, 2023

[Reply]
srvy 05:19 PM 12-27-2023
Originally Posted by Wisconsin_Chief:
Good lord, that's damning. :-)

What in the living hell was he doing???
Looks like a snap count issue. Dumb rookie mistake.
[Reply]
FloridaMan88 05:20 PM 12-27-2023
Can’t Erving 2.0… at BEST.
[Reply]
The Franchise 05:31 PM 12-27-2023
Originally Posted by KCChiefsFan88:

Rookie offensive linemen step in and start/ play well all of the time… Morris looked totally overwhelmed yesterday.
Dude what? It's been a constant complaint for years now that offensive linemen from the college to the pros has dropped off in being ready to go from day 1. Offensive linemen play is down as a whole across the league.
[Reply]
suzzer99 01:17 AM 01-01-2024
I thought he had a pretty good game outside the one major ****up to an elite pass rusher in Hendrickson.

Seems like they still left him on an island a lot, and I saw him swallowing up his rusher multiple times.

The fact that this thread wasn't bumped is a good sign.
[Reply]
Titty Meat 01:50 AM 01-01-2024
Keep letting the kid play
[Reply]
Tribal Warfare 02:01 AM 01-01-2024
Originally Posted by suzzer99:
I thought he had a pretty good game outside the one major ****up to an elite pass rusher in Hendrickson.

Seems like they still left him on an island a lot, and I saw him swallowing up his rusher multiple times.

The fact that this thread wasn't bumped is a good sign.
A 1st round LT is still a possibility considering Morris' inconsistent pass protection
[Reply]
JPH83 02:04 AM 01-01-2024
Some awful snaps, some good snaps. Seemed an improvement on the Raiders game. I think there's a good chance his absolute ceiling is sub swing tackle and his floor is more of the last game. But there's also enough there to hope for a little more. Still hoping Donovan Smith is back soon.
[Reply]
ThyKingdomCome15 02:28 AM 01-01-2024
Originally Posted by Tribal Warfare:
A 1st round LT is still a possibility considering Morris' inconsistent pass protection
CP is undefeated...

Our ROOKIE third round round LT went up against Hendrickson and Crosby. CP be like "A LATE FIRST ROUND LT WOULD DO SO MUCH BETTER!!!" You were probably in the "WE HAVE NOBODY TO REPLACE JUJU" freak out special as well. Goodness gracious...

Morris is doing fine. Sorry he wasn't stoning some of the NFL's finest in his first season. Jawan Taylor not knowing the snap count is another issue lol.
[Reply]
Tribal Warfare 03:10 AM 01-01-2024
Originally Posted by ThyKingdomCome15:
CP is undefeated...

Our ROOKIE third round round LT went up against Hendrickson and Crosby. CP be like "A LATE FIRST ROUND LT WOULD DO SO MUCH BETTER!!!" You were probably in the "WE HAVE NOBODY TO REPLACE JUJU" freak out special as well. Goodness gracious...

Morris is doing fine. Sorry he wasn't stoning some of the NFL's finest in his first season. Jawan Taylor not knowing the snap count is another issue lol.

OUR ROOKIE, will be getting everyone's best shot, and is protecting the GOAT of the current generation. Peaks and valleys are going to kill Patrick, and Wanya was OK, but don't fool yourself that he's the clear answer
[Reply]
suzzer99 11:07 AM 01-01-2024
It's not like a late round LT is blue chip either. At that spot, you're usually either getting a raw talent project or a polished LT with a talent ceiling. And we desperately need that pick for a WR.

IMO the fact that Reid and Co are willing to start Morris in these spots, and aren't giving him constant chip help, speaks to what they think his ceiling is. I don't know where this myth came from that 3rd round project LTs can never have some bumps in the road. I'm very interested to see what his PFF grade is this week, and if any of the local pundits look at his tape.
[Reply]
suzzer99 11:46 AM 01-01-2024

Chiefs PFF grades vs the Bengals.

Highest graded game of Jawaan Taylor's career. pic.twitter.com/bpgCsazNQX

— Shaun Newkirk (@Shauncore) January 1, 2024

Here's the PFF grades. Good game for Taylor. Morris is trending upwards from last week at least!

Lol PFF hates Sneed so much.
[Reply]
TheGuardian 11:53 AM 01-01-2024
Originally Posted by suzzer99:

Here's the PFF grades. Good game for Taylor. Morris is trending upwards from last week at least!

Lol PFF hates Sneed so much.
Taylor was nails in this game. IF he had played like this all year no one is saying shit. The dude was money every single play this game.

It looks worse when Morris is getting flattened and Pat has to move to Taylor's side. Which happened a LOT last week. Less yesterday.

If Taylor restructures he's fine as long as we upgrade at LT
[Reply]
Bowser 11:53 AM 01-01-2024
I was going to say - if that is how Sneed graded out yesterday, then I can't wait for him to have a game where he grades in the high 80's.
[Reply]
smithandrew051 12:08 PM 01-01-2024
PFF grades are from a bunch of nerds who think that “smart beats physical”, because jocks stuffed them in lockers their entire lives.

They’ve been cucked by varsity lettermen who fuck the cheerleaders in high school.

They don’t understand what Sneed brings. Or maybe they understand perfectly and they hate it.
[Reply]
Chiefspants 12:09 PM 01-01-2024
In PFF's metrics they more or less blame Sneed for the Bengals 2nd touchdown since his penalty extended the drive.

That take is iffy, to say the least.
[Reply]
Page 27 of 34
« First < 172324252627 28293031 > Last »
Up