View Poll Results: Pay Orlando Brown Jr a 6 yr $145 mil contract
Yes 55 47.41%
No 61 52.59%
Voters: 116. You may not vote on this poll
Page 275 of 343
« First < 175225265271272273274275 276277278279285325 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>Orlando Brown Projected Contract 6 year $145 mil
dlphg9 08:17 PM 03-28-2022
So there's an article on NFL network saying that Orlando Brown is expected to sign for 6 years $145 mil.

That comes to $24.16 mil/yr and makes him the highest paid offensive lineman in football. It also would give him the 19th highest salary per year in the NFL

How would you feel if that is the contract he ended up signing?

I'm fine with it. He is a top 5 LT and he's only 26 next season. A young great LT is a guy you can't let leave.
[Reply]
DRM08 06:47 PM 12-07-2022
Originally Posted by Pepe Silvia:
Reid’s loyalty has always been an anchor.
Such as hanging on to Bob Sutton too long, which arguably cost the team a championship in 2018. I can't help but wonder how much of the OL struggle could be improved with a new OL coach. Seems like they get punched in the mouth too often for years and years.
[Reply]
FringeNC 07:05 PM 12-07-2022
Originally Posted by Wisconsin_Chief:
They won’t, and that is what makes this so goddamn infuriating. You know they’re all watching the film. How do they keep making excuses for this? I don’t care how much Brown is getting paid, he cannot be a LT for this team. It’s done and over with. It’s been almost two years. Tell him to move to RT or sit down.

You can’t let the best QB in the world risk getting seriously hurt because you don’t want to hurt Orlando Brown’s fat ego and want to “maintain continuity.” I just watched the Packers 3rd string LT play better than I’ve ever seen Brown play in like his second start at LT. Dude is a rookie nobody. That shouldn’t happen.

There is at least one guy on this roster somewhere who would be an upgrade from Brown. I’m sure there’s more than one, but we’ll error on the side of caution. Whoever that guy is should be playing, end of conversation. If I have to watch Pat taken off the field on a cart because of the stupidity we’re witnessing, Reid looses his immunity as far as I’m concerned. He is playing with fire right now, and he’s going to burn himself.
Yep.
[Reply]
FringeNC 07:13 PM 12-07-2022
Originally Posted by Hammock Parties:
Orlando Brown's play is so fucking bad everyone is scratching their head and trying to figure out why.
[Reply]
Halfcan 07:19 PM 12-07-2022
Originally Posted by RealSNR:
Halfcan is a nice guy, but he occasionally gets caught up in conversations that reveal him to be a giant dumbass.

This is one such occasion.
I guess Andy is above criticism. He loses to the same type of team even before Mahomes. He stubbornly starts players that are inferior to others on the team and stays with coaches a season or two too long. Although he is one of the best ever during the regular season, he routinely gets outcoached in the playoffs. Andy is doing the same thing he did in Philadelphia- lots of success, but chokes during the big game. If not for Mahomes calling Wasp and making that play, we would have nothing to show for having the best QB in the NFL. I won't say another word about him though, fragile pussies like you can't handle it.
[Reply]
DRM08 07:20 PM 12-07-2022
Originally Posted by FringeNC:
Orlando Brown's play is so fucking bad everyone is scratching their head and trying to figure out why.
At least Wylie is cheap...

Andrew is a $1.2 million cap hit
Orlando is a $16.7 million cap hit
[Reply]
Halfcan 07:22 PM 12-07-2022
They won’t, and that is what makes this so goddamn infuriating. You know they’re all watching the film. How do they keep making excuses for this? I don’t care how much Brown is getting paid, he cannot be a LT for this team. It’s done and over with. It’s been almost two years. Tell him to move to RT or sit down.

You can’t let the best QB in the world risk getting seriously hurt because you don’t want to hurt Orlando Brown’s fat ego and want to “maintain continuity.” I just watched the Packers 3rd string LT play better than I’ve ever seen Brown play in like his second start at LT. Dude is a rookie nobody. That shouldn’t happen.

There is at least one guy on this roster somewhere who would be an upgrade from Brown. I’m sure there’s more than one, but we’ll error on the side of caution. Whoever that guy is should be playing, end of conversation. If I have to watch Pat taken off the field on a cart because of the stupidity we’re witnessing, Reid looses his immunity as far as I’m concerned. He is playing with fire right now, and he’s going to burn himself.
Hey now- NOTHING is Andy's fault--ever!! Even when he continues to trot out players that can get Mahomes injured.
[Reply]
Halfcan 07:24 PM 12-07-2022
Originally Posted by DRM08:
At least Wylie is cheap...

Andrew is a $1.2 million cap hit
Orlando is a $16.7 million cap hit
Is it worth it if he gets a 500 million-dollar QB hurt? The one thing Andy Should be able to do, is judge O-line talent, but he keeps bringing this guy back.
[Reply]
Wisconsin_Chief 07:29 PM 12-07-2022
Originally Posted by Halfcan:
Hey now- NOTHING is Andy's fault--ever!! Even when he continues to trot out players that can get Mahomes injured.
The thing is, I’ll deal with Andy’s flaws. How can you not, right? He wins a lot of games and won us a Super Bowl. We are forever indebted to him for that. He can pick his buddies for his coaches, be too loyal to them at the detriment of the team. He can run his cute little goal line trick plays. Fine.

However, the second *his way* starts endangering Mahomes, that’s where the line is drawn. “Andy wants continuity on the line, we have to deal with it.”

No, absolutely not.
[Reply]
Kiimo 07:29 PM 12-07-2022
I wouldn't hold your breath that anything is going to change this year.

He'll have McKinnon stationed behind OBJ to help him when he gets whipped and then address it in the offseason.

People have won superbowls before with huge problems so it isn't a season-killer but yeah. OBJ has to go.
[Reply]
Pepe Silvia 07:32 PM 12-07-2022
The thing is, I’ll deal with Andy’s flaws. How can you not, right? He wins a lot of games and won us a Super Bowl. We are forever indebted to him for that. He can pick his buddies for his coaches, be too loyal to them at the detriment of the team. He can run his cute little goal line trick plays. Fine.

However, the second *his way* starts endangering Mahomes, that’s where the line is drawn. “Andy wants continuity on the line, we have to deal with it.”

No, absolutely not.
Coaches play favorites instead of playing the more talented player, it’s an ugly part of the sport.
[Reply]
Chief Pagan 07:34 PM 12-07-2022
Originally Posted by ThaVirus:
Would also help by removing some of the cap constraints for his deal and moving it over to LT, which is a lot more palatable. We can find a serviceable LG for cheap, can't usually say the same for LT.

But I understand why they're hesitating. We traded a high pick for Brown and he's taking up a fair amount of cap space. Simplest solution for this whole problem is for him to stop being a piece of shit.
:-)

The equivalent of a second rounder for a LT still on his rookie contract. KC had the option to try to sign, trade, or let him play under the tag the following year.

Was that really that much to give up?

KC still may be able to trade him or get a comp pick from what I vaguely understand. All in all, that actually sounds rather reasonable for a last minute plan B, when KC was a bit desperate for a starting LT.

I don't understand why the Ravens didn't hold out for more.
[Reply]
Halfcan 07:35 PM 12-07-2022

No, absolutely not.
This- is why I am pissed off at Andy right now. He stands there with a stupid, deer-in-the-headlights look while Mahomes is getting hammered play after play.

Brown and Wylie should be on the fucking bench right now-period. They have been horrendous this year. Seeing Mahomes limping around after Brown whiffed for the 20th time in the game is unacceptable. Will Andy make any changes-nope.
[Reply]
DRM08 07:35 PM 12-07-2022
Is it worth it if he gets a 500 million-dollar QB hurt? The one thing Andy Should be able to do, is judge O-line talent, but he keeps bringing this guy back.
I agree that they need to do a lot better with both Offensive Tackle spots. They've tried with Orlando Brown & the Niang draft pick, but both of them appear to be busts so far. Would be nice if Niang can find a way to get on the field and stay healthy.
[Reply]
KCUnited 12-07-2022, 07:38 PM
This message has been deleted by KCUnited.
Halfcan 07:38 PM 12-07-2022
Originally Posted by DRM08:
I agree that they need to do a lot better with both Offensive Tackle spots. They've tried with Orlando Brown & the Niang draft pick, but both of them appear to be busts so far. Would be nice if Niang can find a way to get on the field and stay healthy.
As Petro pointed out today--Brown is not even following up after his initial block fails. He is standing there waiting for the play to end. Just no effort.

At least put Brown and Wylie on the bench one series to make a point they need to play better.
[Reply]
crispystl 08:47 PM 12-07-2022
As Petro pointed out today--Brown is not even following up after his initial block fails. He is standing there waiting for the play to end. Just no effort.

At least put Brown and Wylie on the bench one series to make a point they need to play better.

That’s the most frustrating part of all. If he would’ve followed though on the last play Sunday Mahomes would’ve probably picked up the first down. It’s inexcusable to lose any game to lack of effort, but the Bengals game!? I mean c’mon man.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
[Reply]
Page 275 of 343
« First < 175225265271272273274275 276277278279285325 > Last »
Up