View Poll Results: Pay Orlando Brown Jr a 6 yr $145 mil contract
Yes 55 47.41%
No 61 52.59%
Voters: 116. You may not vote on this poll
Page 272 of 343
« First < 172222262268269270271272 273274275276282322 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>Orlando Brown Projected Contract 6 year $145 mil
dlphg9 08:17 PM 03-28-2022
So there's an article on NFL network saying that Orlando Brown is expected to sign for 6 years $145 mil.

That comes to $24.16 mil/yr and makes him the highest paid offensive lineman in football. It also would give him the 19th highest salary per year in the NFL

How would you feel if that is the contract he ended up signing?

I'm fine with it. He is a top 5 LT and he's only 26 next season. A young great LT is a guy you can't let leave.
[Reply]
htismaqe 03:22 PM 12-07-2022
Originally Posted by Imon Yourside:
We have to try someone else THIS year, OBJ will lead to ruin.
Yeah, I just don't see that happening, not under Andy Reid. They won't shuffle the deck until the offseason.
[Reply]
htismaqe 03:23 PM 12-07-2022
Originally Posted by Superturtle:
:-) Why? He wouldn't cave last time they were at the negotiating table. What's changed?
Neither side gave an inch really.

Which likely means this offseason they're going to be even further apart.

Gonna be interesting for sure.
[Reply]
Wisconsin_Chief 03:32 PM 12-07-2022
Originally Posted by htismaqe:
Neither side gave an inch really.

Which likely means this offseason they're going to be even further apart.

Gonna be interesting for sure.
I really don't think it will be interesting at all.

Brett Veach: "Orlando, thank you for your time here. Good luck in free agency."

OBJ: "Wait, what? We're not even going to talk?"

Brett Veach: Have you seen your film from this season? Get the hell out of my office."

The end.
[Reply]
htismaqe 03:34 PM 12-07-2022
Originally Posted by Wisconsin_Chief:
I really don't think it will be interesting at all.

Brett Veach: "Orlando, thank you for your time here. Good luck in free agency."

OBJ: "Wait, what? We're not even going to talk?"

Brett Veach: Have you seen your film from this season? Get the hell out of my office."

The end.
That's not going to happen.
[Reply]
Mecca 03:37 PM 12-07-2022
At this point we might be better off just going with whoever over there...If Niang can man RT there probably should be some consideration to having a competition between Christian and Wanagho for the LT spot...Brown has been so terrible those guys aren't really much of a downgrade at this point.

Ideally you'd like to get a draft pick in to develop but who knows if we can do that..but in his current incarnation in this offense Orlando Brown is a terrible player.
[Reply]
htismaqe 03:39 PM 12-07-2022
Originally Posted by Mecca:
At this point we might be better off just going with whoever over there...If Niang can man RT there probably should be some consideration to having a competition between Christian and Wanagho for the LT spot...Brown has been so terrible those guys aren't really much of a downgrade at this point.

Ideally you'd like to get a draft pick in to develop but who knows if we can do that..but in his current incarnation in this offense Orlando Brown is a terrible player.
I just don't see any way Andy shuffles both tackles during the season. I can see them trying Niang at RT but I think Orlando starts the rest of the season.
[Reply]
Mecca 03:40 PM 12-07-2022
I just don't see any way Andy shuffles both tackles during the season. I can see them trying Niang at RT but I think Orlando starts the rest of the season.
I meant after the year, if they aren't sitting Wylie then there's no way they'll do shit with Brown during the year.

I could make a legit argument that Wylie is the worst offensive lineman on the entire team and he continues to start so it is what it is.
[Reply]
Sassy Squatch 03:40 PM 12-07-2022
It's not going to be far off if Brown and his agent come in demanding the same deal.
[Reply]
htismaqe 03:40 PM 12-07-2022
Originally Posted by Mecca:
I meant after the year, if they aren't sitting Wylie then there's no way they'll do shit with Brown during the year.

I could make a legit argument that Wylie is the worst offensive lineman on the entire team and he continues to start so it is what it is.
Yep.
[Reply]
ThaVirus 03:40 PM 12-07-2022
Originally Posted by Megatron96:
So in the bottom pic JM isn’t really open. But there was a point when he was still running to that spot, when he was still closer to the numbers than the sideline, about 1.5 seconds earlier, when he was looking back at PM, around the 35-yd line wide open.

Hit him then, and it’s a foot race between him and the DB to the sticks. Let him make a play, as PM likes to say before every game.
Fuck all that.

That's a 3-man pass rush. Even with pressure in his face immediately, I have no problem with him trying to extend the play there to go for the kill shot.

For one thing, you have to imagine that Brown Jr is going to do something at some point between the whistles. I'm sure Pat figured Brown Jr would have slowed the defender down at some point in order to buy more time.

And another thing, it really took a great play by the defender to make the shoe string tackle. You run that play back 100 times, Pat probably breaks free half the time or more for the big gain.
[Reply]
htismaqe 03:41 PM 12-07-2022
Originally Posted by Superturtle:
It's not going to be far off if Brown and his agent come in demanding the same deal.
Well, his post insinuated that they wouldn't even talk contract, the Chiefs are going to just let him walk.

THAT is not happening.

They're going to at least talk numbers before they part ways.
[Reply]
Mecca 03:42 PM 12-07-2022
Also watch Brown, if Mahomes starts moving around he just stands there, he does nothing to help a QB that is scrambling around, he'll give you an effort for the initial block but as soon as that's over, he ain't doin shit.
[Reply]
Mecca 03:43 PM 12-07-2022
Well, his post insinuated that they wouldn't even talk contract, the Chiefs are going to just let him walk.

THAT is not happening.

They're going to at least talk numbers before they part ways.
I'm sure they'll talk because if he takes a deal that pays him at like the 15th best OT then that's doable, but if he still demands top OT money then it ain't happening, you can't pay non elite players elite money.
[Reply]
Wisconsin_Chief 03:44 PM 12-07-2022
Why do you say that? There should be absolutely no discussion whatsoever about it. The guy can't be here after this season. If they haven't realized that yet, we are in serious trouble.
[Reply]
Sassy Squatch 03:46 PM 12-07-2022
Originally Posted by ThaVirus:
Fuck all that.

That's a 3-man pass rush. Even with pressure in his face immediately, I have no problem with him trying to extend the play there to go for the kill shot.

For one thing, you have to imagine that Brown Jr is going to do something at some point between the whistles. I'm sure Pat figured Brown Jr would have slowed the defender down at some point in order to buy more time.

And another thing, it really took a great play by the defender to make the shoe string tackle. You run that play back 100 times, Pat probably breaks free half the time or more for the big gain.
Probably why Mahomes was so pissed after the play.
[Reply]
Page 272 of 343
« First < 172222262268269270271272 273274275276282322 > Last »
Up