ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 20 of 32
« First < 101617181920 2122232430 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>Chiefs sign Jarran Reed
Sassy Squatch 06:10 PM 03-28-2021

Source: #Seahawks DL Jarran Reed is headed to the #Chiefs on a 1-year deal.

— Ian Rapoport (@RapSheet) March 29, 2021

[Reply]
Sassy Squatch 04:46 PM 03-29-2021
Originally Posted by htismaqe:
Exactly.

People don't want a "prospect".

They want a true LT that can start day 1, is the best long-term answer, and is an upgrade over Fisher. Among other things.

They'll absolutely get a tackle in the draft. It just doesn't HAVE to be in the 1st round or with a trade or anything like that. They'll get who they want.
Nah, they'll get one early, most likely in the first. Who and where at is the question.
[Reply]
htismaqe 04:49 PM 03-29-2021
Originally Posted by Superturtle:
Nah, they'll get one early, most likely in the first. Who and where at is the question.
And if they don't?

That's the whole point.

I said, other than trading away future 1st round picks, I don't care.

I'm not the one that has set ridiculous expectations and said things like the Chiefs hands are tied or that they have to do this or that.

The truth is - they don't have to do anything.

Whether or not they will is a different discussion. I absolutely think they will. I just don't subscribe to the idea that it's the end of the world if they don't.
[Reply]
Sassy Squatch 04:51 PM 03-29-2021
Originally Posted by htismaqe:
And if they don't?

That's the whole point.

I said, other than trading away future 1st round picks, I don't care.

I'm not the one that has set ridiculous expectations and said things like the Chiefs hands are tied or that they have to do this or that.

The truth is - they don't have to do anything.

Whether or not they will is a different discussion. I absolutely think they will. I just don't subscribe to the idea that it's the end of the world if they don't.
Who has?
[Reply]
The Franchise 04:53 PM 03-29-2021
Who has?
Have you completely missed out on the LT or bust in the first round crowd? Like it’s some forgone conclusion that they absolutely will and have to take a LT in the first or Veach is a failure.
[Reply]
Sassy Squatch 04:55 PM 03-29-2021
Originally Posted by The Franchise:
Have you completely missed out on the LT or bust in the first round crowd? Like it’s some forgone conclusion that they absolutely will and have to take a LT in the first or Veach is a failure.
It's usually the same people that have nothing but negative things to say so I don't really pay attention if I'm being honest.
[Reply]
BossChief 04:56 PM 03-29-2021
Who is the pick of the litter? What are we giving up to get him and what team is willing to drop that far to #31 without trying to absolutely rape us in value?
we will find out.

There are always teams willing to move down to add picks.

If we move up for a LT using next years first, I won’t be mad at all. If we use our first and third this year and our first next year to get a guy that’s an elite protector of Pats blindside, nobody will be mad.

Who has?
Nobody worth reading their thoughts.
[Reply]
Sassy Squatch 04:57 PM 03-29-2021
Although I'd be surprised given how aggressively Veach has approached the OL this off season in relation to every other position if we don't take our T in the first.
[Reply]
RealSNR 04:58 PM 03-29-2021
Who has?
Nobody. Yet.

But if Day One goes by and we draft a non-LT? Or even trade down?

This place is going to be a shitstorm. And those people doing the bitching will likely prove one day to be wrong. Or at least that they were overreacting.
[Reply]
The Franchise 05:00 PM 03-29-2021
Originally Posted by BossChief:
we will find out.

There are always teams willing to move down to add picks.

If we move up for a LT using next years first, I won’t be mad at all. If we use our first and third this year and our first next year to get a guy that’s an elite protector of Pats blindside, nobody will be mad.

Nobody worth reading their thoughts.
That post is a fucking cop out. Name a LT that’s worth moving up for, how far you’re moving up and what you’re giving up.
[Reply]
BossChief 05:01 PM 03-29-2021
Everything depends on how the board falls.
[Reply]
The Franchise 05:02 PM 03-29-2021
So you have no real opinion or input for this discussion.

You’ll just blindly yell “trade up for a LT” at a wall.
[Reply]
Sassy Squatch 05:05 PM 03-29-2021
Originally Posted by RealSNR:
Nobody. Yet.

But if Day One goes by and we draft a non-LT? Or even trade down?

This place is going to be a shitstorm. And those people doing the bitching will likely prove one day to be wrong. Or at least that they were overreacting.
Well yeah, but that's every big roster move on Chiefsplanet ever.
[Reply]
tmax63 05:07 PM 03-29-2021
Originally Posted by O.city:
Nah, I think he should be able to step in and be adequate day one. With our coaching staff, our offensive system and the guys around him, it shouldn't be a disaster.

They have the highest paid LG (i think ) in football next to him and he's playing for one of the best offensive coaches in the league. What better situation could a guy step in to?

Starting day 1 shouldn't be a problem. Now if we're talking about the guy being an all pro day one, hell no, that's not the expectation.

But plugging him in at LT and bringing him along slowly? Sure.
And the Chiefs have a mobile QB that is almost better on the move when shit is breaking down than when he's locked in the pocket.
[Reply]
BossChief 05:08 PM 03-29-2021
That post is a fucking cop out. Name a LT that’s worth moving up for, how far you’re moving up and what you’re giving up.
Darrisaw
Sewell

I’d gladly give up next years first and this years third first for one of them.

If they move up using next years first to get Cosmi, I’ll be happy with that as well.

I won’t be surprised or disappointed if we use something like a third to move up for one of the other LTs, either.

Getting a good starter at LT helps every part of this offense. Protects Mahomes, helps CEH, gives Hill and others more time to get open. Let’s Pat be comfortable in the pocket.
[Reply]
BossChief 05:10 PM 03-29-2021
So you have no real opinion or input for this discussion.

You’ll just blindly yell “trade up for a LT” at a wall.
Fuck off, I’ve given my opinion on who I’d move up for and what comp I’d give up multiple times.
[Reply]
Page 20 of 32
« First < 101617181920 2122232430 > Last »
Up