ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 711 of 3903
« First < 211611661701707708709710711 71271371471572176181112111711 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>***NON-POLITICAL COVID-19 Discussion Thread***
JakeF 10:28 PM 02-26-2020
A couple of reminders...

Originally Posted by Bwana:
Once again, don't come in this thread with some kind of political agenda, or you will be shown the door. If you want to go that route, there is a thread about this in DC.
Originally Posted by Dartgod:
People, there is a lot of good information in this thread, let's try to keep the petty bickering to a minimum.

We all have varying opinions about the impact of this, the numbers, etc. We will all never agree with each other. But we can all keep it civil.

Thanks!

Click here for the original OP:

Spoiler!

[Reply]
Marcellus 08:20 PM 03-24-2020
Originally Posted by eDave:
Alpha Male is a phrase coined by insecure losers.
Goddammit :-)
[Reply]
petegz28 08:20 PM 03-24-2020
Originally Posted by RINGLEADER:
We have way more than enough data to determine trends. You are absolutely right that there are a lot of variables. The overall numbers are sufficient to account for most of what you’re pointing out.

I used the math in a post yesterday to come to a daily number of 216 yesterday. It was 206. Tomorrow the math says 341. I guess we’ll see.

Again, I hope you’re the one who’s right!
I hope so too. I think we are going to continue seeing an increase in cases but a decrease in deaths per case.

I also think For every person tested positive there are probably 2-3 walking around with little or no symptoms and will never be tested if not more.

The whole battle right now aside from those at risk for death, is preventing a mass run on the hospitals. New York is probing to be at bit of an anomaly compared to most of the rest of the country and I think we can explain why.

And, as cruel as it sounds, as I stated before, there is a certain number of people who are at higher risk for death. If they unfortunately die that number decreases so that drastically changes the math.

From what I have heard from the leaders at our health system is we just have to keep it manageable. Meaning we have to make sure we have beds, ventilators, PPE, etc.

This virus is not going to go away. We just have to bide our time until we are in a better position to deal with it via vaccines, etc.
[Reply]
eDave 08:20 PM 03-24-2020
Originally Posted by Marcellus:
:-)

JFC Billay neither of those 2 are Alpha males. I see where your problems are.
https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/show...ostcount=10650
[Reply]
FloridaMan88 08:21 PM 03-24-2020
Originally Posted by ShowtimeSBMVP:
And meanwhile there were five pediatric deaths from the seasonal flu during the most recent week of reporting (week ending on March 14th).

That is five pediatric deaths in one week, 149 pediatric deaths since October... all from the seasonal flu.

Yet no panic-inducing headlines from the media or on Twitter.
[Reply]
patteeu 08:23 PM 03-24-2020
Originally Posted by TLO:
I wake up in the morning, check the news - figure we're doomed. Go to my office to try and determine the best way to keep my employees and clients safe. Worry about them for a while.
Check the news a little later - maybe see something promising. Feel a little better.
Check the news later and find something horrifying. Anxiety into a tailspin.
Feel okay at bedtime after my ambien - sleep well, but with odd coronavirus dreams.

This has been my life for the last month. :-)
Hang in there. It's going to be OK.
[Reply]
Titty Meat 08:24 PM 03-24-2020
Originally Posted by Marcellus:

JFC Billay neither of those 2 are Alpha males. I see where your problems are.
Lmao theres no sports we need something to watch man!
[Reply]
Marcellus 08:25 PM 03-24-2020
[Reply]
eDave 08:26 PM 03-24-2020
Originally Posted by Titty Meat:
Lmao theres no sports we need something to watch man!
Play ball!

[Reply]
RINGLEADER 08:26 PM 03-24-2020
Originally Posted by petegz28:
I hope so too. I think we are going to continue seeing an increase in cases but a decrease in deaths per case.

I also think For every person tested positive there are probably 2-3 walking around with little or no symptoms and will never be tested if not more.

The whole battle right now aside from those at risk for death, is preventing a mass run on the hospitals. New York is probing to be at bit of an anomaly compared to most of the rest of the country and I think we can explain why.

And, as cruel as it sounds, as I stated before, there is a certain number of people who are at higher risk for death. If they unfortunately die that number decreases so that drastically changes the math.

From what I have heard from the leaders at our health system is we just have to keep it manageable. Meaning we have to make sure we have beds, ventilators, PPE, etc.

This virus is not going to go away. We just have to bide our time until we are in a better position to deal with it via vaccines, etc.

Completely agree with you that there could be 100 people walking around for everyone that is reported as infected (that’s why I was making that distinction). That’s not the number to look at. You also are probably correct that over time the actual death rate in reported numbers will go down — EXCEPT if you max out the health care system. Then the 12.2% death rate doubles.

That’s why we have to slow the spread to reduce the cases and, as a consequence, reduce the death percentage that is applied to those numbers from a week ago.

There’s no rocket science coming from my side. But the math is not accruing to our favor.
[Reply]
PAChiefsGuy 08:27 PM 03-24-2020
Originally Posted by KCChiefsFan88:
And meanwhile there were five pediatric deaths from the seasonal flu during the most recent week of reporting (week ending on March 14th).

That is five pediatric deaths in one week, 149 pediatric deaths since October... all from the seasonal flu.

Yet no panic-inducing headlines from the media or on Twitter.
How is that a panic-inducing headline? One of the youngest CoronaVirus victims died today of course they are going to report it
[Reply]
stevieray 08:30 PM 03-24-2020
I call BS

link?

...it comes from the Animal Kingdom.
[Reply]
FloridaMan88 08:30 PM 03-24-2020
Originally Posted by PAChiefsGuy:
How is this a panic-inducing headline?
Go try to find a similar tweet bringing attention to the five pediatric deaths from the seasonal flu two weeks ago.

Five pediatric deaths in one week from the seasonal flu and no mention on Twitter or in the media.
[Reply]
BigCatDaddy 08:32 PM 03-24-2020
Originally Posted by LoneWolf:
How you have not jumped off a building or swallowed a bullet by now is beyond me. You are the most consistently negative person on every subject I have ever encountered.
Beat to put him and OH on iggy.
[Reply]
eDave 08:33 PM 03-24-2020
Originally Posted by stevieray:
I call BS

link?

...it comes from the Animal Kingdom.
Yea, no shit. And then applied to modern culture by insecure losers as some sort of slur towards those who are not insecure and therefore don't give a shit.
[Reply]
PAChiefsGuy 08:33 PM 03-24-2020
Originally Posted by KCChiefsFan88:
Go try to find a similar tweet bringing attention to the five pediatric deaths from the seasonal flu two weeks ago.

Five deaths in one week from the seasonal flu and no mention on Twitter or in the media.
Well last time I checked the world isn't on virtual lockdown because of the seasonal flu. I get what you are trying to say but that's not what I would call a panic-inducing headline.

If anyone panics now because someone young died due to this terrible virus they are an idiot.
[Reply]
Page 711 of 3903
« First < 211611661701707708709710711 71271371471572176181112111711 > Last »
Up