ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 661 of 3903
« First < 161561611651657658659660661 66266366466567171176111611661 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>***NON-POLITICAL COVID-19 Discussion Thread***
JakeF 10:28 PM 02-26-2020
A couple of reminders...

Originally Posted by Bwana:
Once again, don't come in this thread with some kind of political agenda, or you will be shown the door. If you want to go that route, there is a thread about this in DC.
Originally Posted by Dartgod:
People, there is a lot of good information in this thread, let's try to keep the petty bickering to a minimum.

We all have varying opinions about the impact of this, the numbers, etc. We will all never agree with each other. But we can all keep it civil.

Thanks!

Click here for the original OP:

Spoiler!

[Reply]
Bugeater 02:20 PM 03-23-2020
Originally Posted by Mecca:
Oh actually make it 3, the other time shingles blew off my roof so I let them know, they came out and looked and put a new roof on in a few days.
Well you either have the most amazing property management company ever, or they already had it planned.
[Reply]
Chief Pagan 02:24 PM 03-23-2020
Originally Posted by Donger:
Other than the club house, I wouldn't see why. But, Denver course are closed. Not that it matters, since we still have snow on the ground.
And if everyone behaved in a reasonable way, such as maintaining social distance at a park, you wouldn't have to be so heavy handed.

But then you see guys playing pickup basketball games or groups playing golf so they try to get more militant with the prohibitions.

There aren't good alternatives. And just like 911 vastly, and permanently, increased the surveillance state and reduced privacy this is going to do likewise.

I'm glad I lived my college/20's years before Big Brother could track me 24/7.
[Reply]
Why Not? 02:26 PM 03-23-2020
Ducey says no pending stay at home order for AZ. Says we’re not in the same boat as other states.
[Reply]
TLO 02:30 PM 03-23-2020
Originally Posted by lewdog:
Are you currently working?
Yes
[Reply]
Dartgod 02:34 PM 03-23-2020
Originally Posted by TLO:
Yes
No you aren't. You're fucking off on ChiefsPlanet like the rest of us.
[Reply]
Monticore 02:38 PM 03-23-2020
Originally Posted by Mecca:
If any of the gamers here are bored with everything going on......the Playstation store has Assassins Creed Odyssey gold for 22.99 until tomorrow.....that's the game, all DLC and the Assassins Creed 3 remaster, for 23 bucks, pretty good deal I'd say.
I need a new game, I should stop playing Plague Inc.
[Reply]
ShowtimeSBMVP 02:41 PM 03-23-2020
https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.for...ronavirus/amp/

What if my child’s school is closed due to coronavirus and I need to stay home to care for my child?

If your child’s school is closed due to coronavirus, and you need to stay home and care for your child, you can receive 12 weeks of paid sick leave.

This can’t be right can it?? That would be almost everyone.
[Reply]
JakeF 02:41 PM 03-23-2020
Should I start another Corona thread so this one can be locked? Does CPlanet still struggle with threads that are too long?
[Reply]
BleedingRed 02:45 PM 03-23-2020
So the malaria drug is now being widely used I saw in NY. Must have been promising enough
[Reply]
DaFace 02:46 PM 03-23-2020
Originally Posted by JakeF:
Should I start another Corona thread so this one can be locked? Does CPlanet still struggle with threads that are too long?
The threads that cause issues are lots of posts + rapid reading + rapid writing (aka game threads). This one should be fine for a while.
[Reply]
Hammock Parties 02:48 PM 03-23-2020
Originally Posted by KCChiefsFan88:
That’s pretty much the only way you are realistically going to enforce these crazy house arrest directives.
As it is, right now, if you really fear getting pulled over, just throw some groceries in the back of your car.

"Yes officer, I am returning home from the supermarket."

:-)

Anyway, they're not going to be pulling over cars in broad daylight. Total waste of time.
[Reply]
Rain Man 02:48 PM 03-23-2020
Originally Posted by Why Not?:
Ducey says no pending stay at home order for AZ. Says we’re not in the same boat as other states.
The only saving grace about pandemics is that they respect governmental borders.
[Reply]
Bob Dole 02:51 PM 03-23-2020
Originally Posted by Hammock Parties:
As it is, right now, if you really fear getting pulled over, just throw some groceries in the back of your car.

"Yes officer, I am returning home from the supermarket."

:-)

Anyway, they're not going to be pulling over cars in broad daylight. Total waste of time.
That's why TX DPS had a speed trap set up at 8:30am Saturday.
[Reply]
RINGLEADER 02:55 PM 03-23-2020
Originally Posted by Donger:
Not really:

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/2020_c...hington_(state)

Scroll down to the graph on the right. Still about 12% growth per day.

Some good news is that California only added 47 new cases yesterday. That's pretty incredible. Again, probably an outlier, but fingers crossed.
They’ve ticked up to just slightly more than yesterday.

But both the current CA and NY numbers are amazingly good news if they stay that way the rest of the day. Almost know day over day increase. As I posted before, if NY can stay under 5800 today (and tomorrow at this rate) then they will have slowed it from doubling every two days to doubling every week and at that rate they should have enough ventilators and beds to fight it.

The next area of need must be PPE/supplies but if we’re looking for a silver lining this is pure gold.
[Reply]
FloridaMan88 03:00 PM 03-23-2020
Here's the answer to escape this COVID-19 panic/hysteria... rent (or buy) a private island.

Some nice looking private islands are available although the fact they don't list the prices other than with vague "$$$$$$$$" references might be somewhat of a hinderance.

Link: https://www.privateislandsonline.com/islands_for_rent
[Reply]
Page 661 of 3903
« First < 161561611651657658659660661 66266366466567171176111611661 > Last »
Up