ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 613 of 3903
« First < 113513563603609610611612613 61461561661762366371311131613 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>***NON-POLITICAL COVID-19 Discussion Thread***
JakeF 10:28 PM 02-26-2020
A couple of reminders...

Originally Posted by Bwana:
Once again, don't come in this thread with some kind of political agenda, or you will be shown the door. If you want to go that route, there is a thread about this in DC.
Originally Posted by Dartgod:
People, there is a lot of good information in this thread, let's try to keep the petty bickering to a minimum.

We all have varying opinions about the impact of this, the numbers, etc. We will all never agree with each other. But we can all keep it civil.

Thanks!

Click here for the original OP:

Spoiler!

[Reply]
Bearcat 11:12 AM 03-22-2020
Originally Posted by mr. tegu:
Do non Kansas City Costcos also sell Jack Stack sides of beans and corn like they do here?
Not way out here. :-)
[Reply]
Bowser 11:12 AM 03-22-2020
Originally Posted by Bearcat:
Joe's seems like the better value as well. $/lb of meat is about the same, but Joe's will throw in sauce and/or seasoning, or in the case of the z-man kit, you also get buns, cheese, onion rings, and two bottles of sauce. Things that aren't expensive for them to throw in, but make paying $80 for a couple pounds of meat a little more worth it. Joe's sides are cheaper, too (of course, Jack Stack sides are the best around).

Instant Pot was perfect for prep, too.
I'd definitely put Joe's fries up against Jack Stack's.
[Reply]
Donger 11:12 AM 03-22-2020
Originally Posted by Bearcat:
Joe's seems like the better value as well. $/lb of meat is about the same, but Joe's will throw in sauce and/or seasoning, or in the case of the z-man kit, you also get buns, cheese, onion rings, and two bottles of sauce. Things that aren't expensive for them to throw in, but make paying $80 for a couple pounds of meat a little more worth it. Joe's sides are cheaper, too (of course, Jack Stack sides are the best around).

Instant Pot was perfect for prep, too.
$86.00 for two pounds of ends from Joe's. I think it comes with sauce.

:-)

Oh well.
[Reply]
RINGLEADER 11:13 AM 03-22-2020
5,560 new infections and 651 deaths in last 24 hours in Italy.

They were reporting there that today would be the high point. Looks like maybe it was yesterday. Let’s hope.
[Reply]
tk13 11:14 AM 03-22-2020
Originally Posted by LiL stumppy:
This is my exact point, I suppose. From day 1, I've believed this to be severe and worth keeping an eye on. Maybe that was just my anxiety, or the fact weeks before this took off, I watched the Netflix original show Pandemic and how one is inevitable, at any point. I still maintain the stance that this is much more severe than the flu and needs to be handled as such.

But the economic impact will be significant and I don't think anyone can downplay that. Personally, I would much rather be poor, sharing a house with my entire family if they are alive and healthy than to lose a few family members to this disease.

It's just the same frustrating cycle that we see in the scientific community and politics. Your background, your career, your ethnicity, and socioeconomic background are probably curtailing your view on this pandemic more than the facts...

But the real concern. What are the facts, who do we trust and who do we follow? Because there's a whole lot of people on both sides of this thing.
I get that but really the answers are out there. Just listen to the people who are the front lines dealing with this. There's a pretty common trend if you listen to the doctors and nurses who are dealing with this in the hard hit areas. From China to Italy to Washington to New Jersey. They're literally all saying this is not the flu. In severe cases you'll be stable then deteriorate quickly, in a matter of hours, ending up with septic shock and organ failure.

At the same time, out of every 100,000 people that get the flu, 61 go to the hospital. Do you think this is going along at the same rate? Are you seeing hospitals be overwhelmed every winter with flu patients?

There is no both sides to this thing. The facts are out there. There is a ton we don't know but there are clearly things going on we can see that are not normal. People have the freedom to ignore all that though to listen to some dude you went to high school with on Facebook.
[Reply]
neech 11:16 AM 03-22-2020
Originally Posted by mr. tegu:
Can you elaborate? Where did you go? Letting in certain amounts of people?
Costco was stocked well for all that is going on, they left in so many people then allow them so shop and leave then let in another batch of people.
[Reply]
Bearcat 11:16 AM 03-22-2020
Originally Posted by Donger:

Oh well.
Yeah, that's the thing... they're both expensive as hell, but you at least get ~$5-10 of extras with Joe's.

Outside of some kind of sale, I'd probably only do the Z-Man kit again... comes out to $10/sandwich before shipping and it's a decent amount of meat on each one.
[Reply]
wazu 11:17 AM 03-22-2020
Originally Posted by Donger:

Oh well.
Best burnt ends on the planet, though. And they are legit burnt ends as opposed to the "cubed briskit" that Jack Stack often serves.
[Reply]
ShowtimeSBMVP 11:18 AM 03-22-2020

Gov Cuomo expects present lockdown to last 4-9 months, ballpark.

A few weeks isn’t remotely plausible.

Scale of direct economic relief for 10-20% unemployment must reflect that.

— ian bremmer (@ianbremmer) March 22, 2020

Might be a Q but if true wow
[Reply]
PAChiefsGuy 11:19 AM 03-22-2020
Originally Posted by ShowtimeSBMVP:

I'm not sure about this. I don't think anyone knows for sure when this virus will peak and then start declining.
[Reply]
Bowser 11:20 AM 03-22-2020
Originally Posted by RINGLEADER:

They were reporting there that today would be the high point. Looks like maybe it was yesterday. Let’s hope.
Insane
[Reply]
Bowser 11:20 AM 03-22-2020
Originally Posted by PAChiefsGuy:
I'm not sure about this. I don't think anyone knows for sure when this virus will peak and then start declining.
Right. Sounds......excessive
[Reply]
stumppy 11:21 AM 03-22-2020
Originally Posted by LiL stumppy:
This is my exact point, I suppose. From day 1, I've believed this to be severe and worth keeping an eye on. Maybe that was just my anxiety, or the fact weeks before this took off, I watched the Netflix original show Pandemic and how one is inevitable, at any point. I still maintain the stance that this is much more severe than the flu and needs to be handled as such.

But the economic impact will be significant and I don't think anyone can downplay that. Personally, I would much rather be poor, sharing a house with my entire family if they are alive and healthy than to lose a few family members to this disease.

It's just the same frustrating cycle that we see in the scientific community and politics. Your background, your career, your ethnicity, and socioeconomic background are probably curtailing your view on this pandemic more than the facts...

But the real concern. What are the facts, who do we trust and who do we follow? Because there's a whole lot of people on both sides of this thing.
As far as reliable info goes my best advice is pay no attention to the ones who bought whole "Fake news" bullshit. At least on CP you find a those that did and still do are the ones pushing the "it's no worse than the flu BS".
[Reply]
Donger 11:23 AM 03-22-2020
Originally Posted by RINGLEADER:

What's the delta?
[Reply]
RINGLEADER 11:23 AM 03-22-2020
Originally Posted by ShowtimeSBMVP:

Shouldn’t be surprising if the virus comes back once people start congregating/living again.

Will be interesting to see if China can turn themselves back on without another explosive increase in cases. If that’s not doable then we will be on lockdown until there are no cases for a full month (given that some people test positive for up to a month after exhibiting symptoms).

I know they want to give people some light at the end of the tunnel but the only way to make it work is to completely shut it down and then not let people travel between states/countries until there are no cases anywhere. It will get better with social distancing, but we won’t have freedom of movement until it is gone or there is a vaccine.
[Reply]
Page 613 of 3903
« First < 113513563603609610611612613 61461561661762366371311131613 > Last »
Up