ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 1611 of 3903
« First < 611111115111561160116071608160916101611 161216131614161516211661171121112611 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>***NON-POLITICAL COVID-19 Discussion Thread***
JakeF 10:28 PM 02-26-2020
A couple of reminders...

Originally Posted by Bwana:
Once again, don't come in this thread with some kind of political agenda, or you will be shown the door. If you want to go that route, there is a thread about this in DC.
Originally Posted by Dartgod:
People, there is a lot of good information in this thread, let's try to keep the petty bickering to a minimum.

We all have varying opinions about the impact of this, the numbers, etc. We will all never agree with each other. But we can all keep it civil.

Thanks!

Click here for the original OP:

Spoiler!

[Reply]
LTL 06:16 PM 04-23-2020
I know this isn’t much but it might be something. I talked to an ex coworker that’s a respiratory therapist as well and last week they said they gave the plasma from a recovered covid patient to 3 patients that were at deaths door and a week later all of them are off the vent and doing well. They said they are doing this in conjunction with Mayo.
[Reply]
TLO 06:18 PM 04-23-2020
Originally Posted by TLO:
That's as good of an explanation as I've come up with. We're about to be guinea pigs for Missouri's "box in" strategy. Hope it works!
It's confirmed. They're about to test 3000 people that work at this processing plant in St. Joe. This should be interesting.

The fact they are going to roll out 3000 tests in a couple days is pretty impressive though. They expect to have all the results by Monday.
[Reply]
lewdog 06:19 PM 04-23-2020
Originally Posted by Bearcat:
Sorry for my lack of info, that was just from the site Daface had posted, showing "when it's save to ease social distancing".

I haven't seen anything on officially easing restrictions, besides elective surgeries coming back on May 1st.

https://www.azcentral.com/story/news...es/3007723001/
Peak for AZ listed at May 22 now. Mostly due to absolutely shit testing in this state.
[Reply]
petegz28 06:35 PM 04-23-2020
Originally Posted by lewdog:
Peak for AZ listed at May 22 now. Mostly due to absolutely shit testing in this state.
That makes 0 sense to me. So because testing was slow or something that manufactures a peak at a later time? This whole "peak" thing to me is kinda crap. Just because people weren't getting tested does that mean they weren't sick with this and can't be sick with this until you test for it?

I just can't seem to get this I guess. It starts in WA then we hear NY and then as if it were some kind of wave going back across the country everyones "peak" was 2 weeks from some day after NY.

Now, if Ks was on lock down the entire time NY was why is it the peak in KS has to be later? And if that's the case why didn't KS lock down 2 weeks later?

I think it gets pretty simple at this point. It's a 2 part question...

Are your hospitals being overrun?
How many people in your city, county, state are dying from this?

This whole thing of modeling bell curves based off of testing seems to be stupid which is probably why the models all break within 24 hours of being updated.
[Reply]
JakeLV 09:17 PM 04-23-2020
Originally Posted by jerryaldini:
Good news for those with asthma. So far no evidence of co-morbidity.
Asthma Is Absent Among Top Covid-19 Risk Factors, Early Data Shows https://nyti.ms/2wNMs5g
My two year old is too young to be diagnosed with asthma, but I’ve spent a night at the hospital doing breathing treatments because she couldn’t breathe, on top of wheezing and has a long lasting cough after every cold.

This makes me cautiously optimistic/borderline happy
[Reply]
HonestChieffan 03:31 AM 04-24-2020
Originally Posted by petegz28:
That makes 0 sense to me. So because testing was slow or something that manufactures a peak at a later time? This whole "peak" thing to me is kinda crap. Just because people weren't getting tested does that mean they weren't sick with this and can't be sick with this until you test for it?

I just can't seem to get this I guess. It starts in WA then we hear NY and then as if it were some kind of wave going back across the country everyones "peak" was 2 weeks from some day after NY.

Now, if Ks was on lock down the entire time NY was why is it the peak in KS has to be later? And if that's the case why didn't KS lock down 2 weeks later?

I think it gets pretty simple at this point. It's a 2 part question...

Are your hospitals being overrun?
How many people in your city, county, state are dying from this?

This whole thing of modeling bell curves based off of testing seems to be stupid which is probably why the models all break within 24 hours of being updated.
And lest we forget, the testing has been shit for accuracy everywhere on the globe
[Reply]
HonestChieffan 04:34 AM 04-24-2020
Originally Posted by TLO:
Where'd BRC go? I haven't heard any ventilator talk in days.
Sounds like vents are now out.

Ventsbebad,org
[Reply]
petegz28 08:06 AM 04-24-2020

[Reply]
PAChiefsGuy 08:17 AM 04-24-2020
Lol.

You are in such denial if you believe that. **** out of here with that bs. You've been consistent with downplaying the threat this CoronaVirus has to people's lives.
[Reply]
petegz28 08:19 AM 04-24-2020
Originally Posted by PAChiefsGuy:
Lol.

You are in such denial if you believe that. **** out of here with that. You've been consistent with downplaying the threat this CoronaVirus has to people's lives.
Get lost you fucking jack off
[Reply]
phisherman 08:20 AM 04-24-2020
Originally Posted by PAChiefsGuy:
Lol.

You are in such denial if you believe that. **** out of here with that. You've been consistent with downplaying the threat this CoronaVirus has to people's lives.
Holy shit, have you read any of your posts? You're worse than CNN.
[Reply]
PAChiefsGuy 08:36 AM 04-24-2020
Originally Posted by phisherman:
Holy shit, have you read any of your posts? You're worse than CNN.
I'm pretty sure I read my posts considering that I edit them almost every single time.

Anyway, you are entitled to your opinion, so it's all good.

All I do is post articles that I think will interest people here. I've also consistently said the economy will come back eventually and more recently that it is time to open the country back up --- slowly.

If that makes me worse than CNN then so be it.
[Reply]
OnTheWarpath15 08:47 AM 04-24-2020
Originally Posted by Bearcat:
Sorry for my lack of info, that was just from the site Daface had posted, showing "when it's save to ease social distancing".

I haven't seen anything on officially easing restrictions, besides elective surgeries coming back on May 1st.

https://www.azcentral.com/story/news...es/3007723001/
No apologies necessary. I was just freaking out for a second thinking about being stuck in MO much longer.
[Reply]
Donger 08:55 AM 04-24-2020
Get lost you ****ing jack off
Are you claiming that you haven't downplayed this?
[Reply]
Marcellus 09:00 AM 04-24-2020
Originally Posted by OnTheWarpath15:
No apologies necessary. I was just freaking out for a second thinking about being stuck in MO much longer.
Where you headed?
[Reply]
Page 1611 of 3903
« First < 611111115111561160116071608160916101611 161216131614161516211661171121112611 > Last »
Up