ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 55 of 140
« First < 5455152535455 5657585965105 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>Frank Clark to KC!
MAHOMO 4 LIFE! 11:30 AM 04-23-2019

Sources: The #Seahawks and #Chiefs are deep in talks on a trade to send star Frank Clark to KC. The compensation would include a 1st rounder, a 2020 2nd rounder and a swap of mid-rounders. To complete it, the franchise tagged player and Chiefs must hammer out a deal.

— Ian Rapoport (@RapSheet) April 23, 2019

[Reply]
bigjosh 02:54 PM 04-23-2019
the butthurt is so strong right now.

frank clark will no doubt make a bigger impact than whoever gets drafted with the picks we gave up. Save this post. Not to mention, now that we arent paying houston, ford and Berry we could afford this deal just fine.

they traded mystery picks for a proven commodity, who fits the scheme, and are still investing less in edge rushers than they were last year.
[Reply]
The Franchise 02:54 PM 04-23-2019
Originally Posted by 'Hamas' Jenkins:
KC gives up: 640 for their first, and the 2020 swap is the equivalent of gaining about 60 points due to the devaluation of it being next year. Them swapping thirds this year is another 38 points.

So, the Chiefs net draft value is -540, which means the Chiefs traded:

Dee Ford
#36 pick in the draft

For

Frank Clark + his extension.

And this is at a team when NFL teams are valuing DBs more than edge rushers precisely because the edge rushers are only on the field 60-65% of the time. Had they made this trade for Jalen Ramsey, it makes a hell of a lot more sense. In the modern league, smart teams are running out a shitload of decent-but-not-great pass rushers and letting other teams pay out the ass for them. Look at what the Patriots do with their rushers and look who they pay.
Oh look....it's the "Patriots argument". The one that no other team can duplicate.
[Reply]
ModSocks 02:54 PM 04-23-2019
Look, the Chiefs got better today. No, not Ogbah and Attouchu better like you assholes celebrated, but ACTUALLY better.

Maybe it's not the way you would've liked (with a hope and prayer, but hey it's cheap!), but they did.

Deal with it.
[Reply]
kccrow 02:55 PM 04-23-2019
Originally Posted by The Franchise:
Yes, we could have traded up and drafted a pass rusher who we'd have cheap for 5 years. But he's not coming in day one and being a terror. The chances of that happening with players outside of the top 5-10 are slim. Clark gives us a presence at DE day 1.
They had that presence with Houston and could have gotten a young pass rusher, all for basically the same total value (maybe they have to give up a bit more than a 1 and 2). I mean, I'm fine with the trade but when you look at it overall they spun alot of resources into less than what could have been.
[Reply]
Warrick 02:55 PM 04-23-2019
Originally Posted by ptlyon:
Somebody really likes late round 1st round picks
We gave up enough to grab a QB, and paid him as such
[Reply]
O.city 02:55 PM 04-23-2019
Originally Posted by bigjosh:
the butthurt is so strong right now.

frank clark will no doubt make a bigger impact than whoever gets drafted with the picks we gave up. Save this post. Not to mention, now that we arent paying houston, ford and Berry we could afford this deal just fine.

they traded mystery picks for a proven commodity, who fits the scheme, and are still investing less in edge rushers than they were last year.
The problem isn't necessarily the player, it's the money.

Those first round picks are so cheap.
[Reply]
'Hamas' Jenkins 02:55 PM 04-23-2019
Originally Posted by O.city:
What about the Rams? Or the Saints?
The Saints, who lack a first this year because they reached for a project 1st round DE?

The Rams, who gave a record contract to a RB with an arthritic knee, then overloaded on expensive DE, and had to cut Suh after one year?
[Reply]
BryanBusby 02:55 PM 04-23-2019
Oh look....it's the "Patriots argument". The one that no other team can duplicate.
Well you see, just gotta hire Bill Belichick and you're set.
[Reply]
ptlyon 02:55 PM 04-23-2019
All in for the 50th anniversary since our last SB win
[Reply]
loochy 02:55 PM 04-23-2019
Originally Posted by Detoxing:
Look, the Chiefs got better today. No, not Ogbah and Attouchu better like you assholes celebrated, but ACTUALLY better.

Maybe it's not the way you would've liked (with a hope and prayer, but hey it's cheap!), but they did.

Deal with it.
Oh wow, you actually like something that the Chiefs did!
[Reply]
Chiefshrink 02:55 PM 04-23-2019
I will cut Veach a break here because he does not call the shots whatsoever on these deals Reid uses his eyes for scouting and scouting alone we all know this. This is on Reid. So a 29th pic defensive end pass rusher is going to be better than Frank Clark to win now? Clark is 25 years old and to Meck’spoint if there are no other field issues I think it’s a good deal if you want to win now. How many more wins is it that Frank Clark will bring us because he can set the edge and stop the run?
[Reply]
Shoes 02:56 PM 04-23-2019
I don't quite understand the crowd who is complaining about the money unless you are saying Frank Clark isn't worth the contract. The most important thing about the contract is how it is structured. As long as we have flexibility when Mahomes is due for his second contract then in my opinion we'll be fine. Our team makeup will be drastically different when we have to pay Mahomes.

I think it is fair to be critical of the trade itself; there is going to be a crowd who believes that the best way to build the team is through the draft. Building through the draft is a valid strategy but I think the right move is acquiring Clark. This team is so close to a Super Bowl, getting a player that has proven he can be an elite defender at the NFL level as opposed to drafting and hoping a rookie can come in and be an enormous difference maker on the defensive line.

Imagine going into next season with Okafor, Ogbah, Speaks + insert rookie defensive end here? You're counting on 1 or 2 of those guys to play way above their heads. We have two more seasons of Pat on his rookie contract- I think now is the time to be aggressive.
[Reply]
staylor26 02:56 PM 04-23-2019
Seriously, anytime somebody does that on CP they instantly lose credibility.

There’s only one way to get it done, right?
[Reply]
ForeverChiefs58 02:56 PM 04-23-2019
The Chiefs essentially traded Dee Ford and this year's first-round pick for Frank Clark.
[Reply]
ModSocks 02:56 PM 04-23-2019
Originally Posted by kccrow:
They had that presence with Houston and could have gotten a young pass rusher, all for basically the same total value (maybe they have to give up a bit more than a 1 and 2). I mean, I'm fine with the trade but when you look at it overall they spun alot of resources into less than what could have been.
That may be, and that's for another discussion.

But they needed to do something to get BETTER. They did that today.
[Reply]
Page 55 of 140
« First < 5455152535455 5657585965105 > Last »
Up