ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 105 of 140
« First < 55595101102103104105 106107108109115 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>Frank Clark to KC!
MAHOMO 4 LIFE! 11:30 AM 04-23-2019

Sources: The #Seahawks and #Chiefs are deep in talks on a trade to send star Frank Clark to KC. The compensation would include a 1st rounder, a 2020 2nd rounder and a swap of mid-rounders. To complete it, the franchise tagged player and Chiefs must hammer out a deal.

— Ian Rapoport (@RapSheet) April 23, 2019

[Reply]
staylor26 07:58 AM 04-24-2019
Originally Posted by Superturtle:
On this note, why is everybody pining for Dorsey so much? He's pretty much taken the exact same approach as we have, which is still much more preferable to standing pat with 100 million in cap except for rentals like Funchess and Houston.
Who’s pining for Dorsey so much?
[Reply]
Sassy Squatch 07:58 AM 04-24-2019
Originally Posted by staylor26:
Who’s pining for Dorsey so much?
There's been a couple. Everybody was the wrong word.
[Reply]
TwistedChief 08:03 AM 04-24-2019
Originally Posted by chiefzilla1501:
Many might also argue that our inability to get deals done has led to us getting screwed in comp. We seem to always miss out on blue chip free agents and instead overpay for second tier. We got a great deal for Alex Smith but many were severely disappointed with our trade comp for Dee Ford and Marcus peters. We keep hearing about deals the Chiefs asked and asked about, like Earl Thomas and clowney etc. that we could never pull off. Are we overpaying with trades because we struggle to get big deals done otherwise?
This is all in your mind.
[Reply]
Mulliganman 08:03 AM 04-24-2019
Originally Posted by Mecca:
A friend of mine has turned into Duncan...basically telling the domestic violence makes it a bad deal.

All I told him was if you have no desire to be on the ride then get off.
Direct and to the point. I like it. :-)
[Reply]
staylor26 08:03 AM 04-24-2019
There's been a couple. Everybody was the wrong word.
Gotcha. I just think it’s funny that they gave up more for a diva WR and everybody sucked their dick for it, but we got “raped”.

By everybody, I’m not talking about CP. The media and all NFL fans.
[Reply]
Jerok 08:04 AM 04-24-2019
The plan is to capitalize on this year and next year with cheap mahomes, they can pay him and make his cap hit year one very small.

Then we trade away some proven vets like Seattle is doing, for instance trade Tyreek Hill for some high picks, and build through the draft. We only get 3 years of Cheap
Mahomes so we have to capitalize.
[Reply]
pugsnotdrugs19 08:04 AM 04-24-2019
It's REALLY bad when you consider the medical history of Andrew Luck. I'd be pushing hard to win now while he's still capable of playing.
Ballard seems obsessed with having only guys who fit their locker room culture, whatever that might be. But I think its absolutely impossible to have a full 53 man roster that is void of a few asshats. It’s just the nature of the business, really the nature of life. There is always going to be a few.

I think you’re spot on. They’ll need to extend Luck in the next couple of years as well. But, as things stand, I think they get bounced in the first two rounds again.
[Reply]
Eleazar 08:05 AM 04-24-2019
Originally Posted by TwistedChief:
I will take Mathieu & Clark over Thomas & Clowney any day of the week and thrice on Sunday. We didn't lose out on anything.
[Reply]
chiefzilla1501 08:09 AM 04-24-2019
Originally Posted by tmax63:
Getting Clark moved the Vegas line to make the Chiefs a favorite to win the SB. So far the Chiefs have added 2 contracts of AAV over 10 mil and Jones will make 3 this year. The Chiefs are working to make sure everything doesn't "come due" all in 1 year. They still have 3 picks in the 1st 3 rounds this year and next in the draft. Just like every other team they need to hit on a majority of their picks, no change there. Giving a 1st and a 2nd round future pick for Clark to have impact now and be favored this year is worth the uncertainty of what a next years 2nd could have brought.
Our free agency approach this year was a Dorsey approach. Pay a stopgap like Fasano or Donnie Avery and work hard to draft their replacement to get that contract off the books. For example, what if we found a #2 receiver with the #29 pick. It saves us $20m next year because we can cut Sammy Watkins. Even if that #2 is average it's a big deal. We will always have mitch Morses and Allen Baileys and Steven Nelsons and Albert Wilsons quietly sail into the night. I don't think we can small change how many of these types of players we will continually need to replace even during our three year window. So far we've been able to plug those holes with overpaid stopgaps like Okafor and Watkins. We won't have that luxury anymore. Quality depth in our young pipeline is no small deal.
[Reply]
pugsnotdrugs19 08:09 AM 04-24-2019
50 years since this franchise made or won the Super Bowl. Now the favorites.

Just do ya some imagery practices that involve Frank Clark strip sacking Brady in the playoffs or (insert NFC QB here) in the Super Bowl, and you’ll shake off most or all concerns.

The time is now fellas.
[Reply]
Buckweath 08:10 AM 04-24-2019
I'm still somewhat gutted about that whole trade.

The guy has a DV past, hasn't shown great character more recently, the Seahawks clearly wanted to move him and you end up trading a 1st round pick and more plus giving a massive contract, actually slightly bigger than D. Lawrence who is widely believed to be a better player.

I must say I hate those players who adopt that stance of give me that massive contract or I won't play and Clark was one of those.

In the end though, if Veach can manage to add a decent CB, the defense looks decent.
[Reply]
tmax63 08:13 AM 04-24-2019
They are only worth what someone else will give you for them. I'd bet that Veach took the highest offer he got for Peters and Ford and the others. As a casual fan, I may think Ford was worth a this year 2nd but the gents who do the job said he wasn't. And like I said earlier, Veach is a guy that finds what he wants and gets it. A pleasant change from the Peterson and Pioli years though Pioli wasn't as bad as Peterson.
[Reply]
RunKC 08:15 AM 04-24-2019
Originally Posted by Buckweath:

The guy has a DV past, hasn't shown great character more recently, the Seahawks clearly wanted to move him and you end up trading a 1st round pick and more plus giving a massive contract, actually slightly bigger than D. Lawrence who is widely believed to be a better player.

I must say I hate those players who adopt that stance of give me that massive contract or I won't play and Clark was one of those.

In the end though, if Veach can manage to add a decent CB, the defense looks decent.
Seahawks wanted to keep him, but they can’t. Had to pay Wilson the biggest contract ever and they chose to pay Jarran Reed.

Can’t blame them. An interior rusher who can get double-digit sacks is much more difficult to find than an edge rusher.
[Reply]
chiefzilla1501 08:16 AM 04-24-2019
So we weren't in the hunt for Earl Thomas? There weren't tons of credible rumors that the Chiefs were talking trade trade trade at all spring meetings? You think we got the best deal possible for peters and Ford? You think we paid the right price for Watkins and Hitchens? You don't think we paid a huge price for Clark even if you like the trade? Even if you like the moves we made, is there a doubt that for the most part veach has only closed deals where we significantly overpay?
[Reply]
staylor26 08:17 AM 04-24-2019
Originally Posted by Buckweath:

lol they all do this.
[Reply]
Page 105 of 140
« First < 55595101102103104105 106107108109115 > Last »
Up