ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 2194 of 2688
« First < 1194169420942144218421902191219221932194 2195219621972198220422442294 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>*****The Patrick Mahomes Thread*****
Dante84 07:19 PM 04-27-2017
IT ****ING HAPPENED

OP UPDATE:

Because of all the interest in this thread, I've place all of the video content of Patrick Mahomes II's college career, and draft day goodness into a single post that can be found here. Enjoy!
[Reply]
TRR 10:34 AM 02-12-2022
Originally Posted by Jerm:
Andy’s not going to change or learn…this is who he is.
LOL! I’m more than fine with who he is.
[Reply]
TEX 10:54 AM 02-12-2022
Originally Posted by Bearcat:
Someone a while back said motivation comes into play during preparation, not execution... and that seems accurate to me.
Maybe so... Point being it only gets you so far.
[Reply]
suzzer99 12:42 PM 02-12-2022
Originally Posted by Jerm:
Andy’s not going to change or learn…this is who he is.
I don't understand how we repeatedly screw up instant replays when every single fan at home is screaming at the TV to challenge. If Andy hadn't wasted that timeout and then challenged the terrible 4th down spot, the end of the half plays out differently and we might very well be in the Super Bowl right now.

And this isn't close to the first time this has happened. Not challenging Ben Niemann's one great play of the entire year where he caused a fumble. The Tyreek circus catch in the end zone where the ball landed on him. Some others I'm forgetting.

It makes me wonder what else they're screwing up that isn't as easy to see from the outside.
[Reply]
Jerm 12:57 PM 02-12-2022
Originally Posted by suzzer99:
I don't understand how we repeatedly screw up instant replays when every single fan at home is screaming at the TV to challenge. If Andy hadn't wasted that timeout and then challenged the terrible 4th down spot, the end of the half plays out differently and we might very well be in the Super Bowl right now.

And this isn't close to the first time this has happened. Not challenging Ben Niemann's one great play of the entire year where he caused a fumble. The Tyreek circus catch in the end zone where the ball landed on him. Some others I'm forgetting.

It makes me wonder what else they're screwing up that isn't as easy to see from the outside.
I 100% agree…it’s ridiculous.
[Reply]
-King- 01:02 PM 02-12-2022
Originally Posted by suzzer99:

Anytime a coach calls a timeout before challenging the play, they should be docked a game check. I don't care if you win 50-0, a mistake like that should cost you something. It's just so unbelievably stupid that I don't get how coaches constantly do it.
[Reply]
staylor26 01:08 PM 02-12-2022
You morons don’t seem to understand that challenging the spot of the ball is almost always a bad bet, even when it seems obvious in real time.

Andy’s TO allowed him to see that they got a good enough good look to overturn the call.

Having to use a TO was unfortunate, but that was on the fucking refs for a terrible fucking spot.
[Reply]
Jerm 01:15 PM 02-12-2022
Originally Posted by staylor26:
You morons don’t seem to understand that challenging the spot of the ball is almost always a bad bet, even when it seems obvious in real time.

Andy’s TO allowed him to see that they got a good enough good look to overturn the call.

Having to use a TO was unfortunate, but that was on the fucking refs for a terrible fucking spot.
You don’t need a TO there….it was clear by a yard he got it and it would be overturned, that’s what your replay team is there for.
[Reply]
-King- 01:16 PM 02-12-2022

What? If you're going to waste a timeout either way, just call the challenge regardless if you think you're right or wrong.
[Reply]
Sassy Squatch 01:17 PM 02-12-2022
Yeah.... There's literally no reason to use a timeout first before a challenge unless you have to be absolutely right and think you'll need 3 challenges for whatever reason in the game.
[Reply]
staylor26 01:18 PM 02-12-2022
Originally Posted by -King-:
What? If you're going to waste a timeout either way, just call the challenge regardless if you think you're right or wrong.
Then you lose a challenge too. It’s not as simple as you’re making it seem.

I’m not saying it’s good or smart that he took a TO, but I understand it.
[Reply]
-King- 01:21 PM 02-12-2022
Then you lose a challenge too. It’s not as simple as you’re making it seem.

I’m not saying it’s good or smart that he took a TO, but I understand it.
If you lose the challenge...so what? All it costs you is a timeout which in this case you already spent.

Calling a timeout before a challenge is always dumb. Best case scenario is that you win but you're still out of a timeout.
[Reply]
Sassy Squatch 01:22 PM 02-12-2022
Also, judging by what others have said happened afterwards between Reid and Mahomes, doesn't sound like that was his intent. He just made a mistake.
[Reply]
staylor26 01:22 PM 02-12-2022
Originally Posted by -King-:
If you lose the challenge...so what? All it costs you is a timeout which in this case you already spent.

Calling a timeout before a challenge is always dumb. Best case scenario is that you win but you're still out of a timeout.
No, it would cost you a challenge as well.

In most cases I would agree, but this was unique in that he was challenging a spot, and like I said, that’s always a difficult proposition.

I just don’t understand why the anger is directed towards Reid when the garbage fucking refs were the only reason we were in that position. They both somehow missed an obvious 1st down. That was far more egregious.
[Reply]
staylor26 01:30 PM 02-12-2022
Besides, if Mahomes simply throws the ball away at the end of the half, we get 3, and this isn’t even a discussion.

People so desperately want to blame somebody other than Pat when the fact is, that loss was solely on him. Dude had the yips for the entire 2nd half after making a huge mistake at the end of the 1st. Blame him.
[Reply]
Jerm 01:38 PM 02-12-2022
Besides, if Mahomes simply throws the ball away at the end of the half, we get 3, and this isn’t even a discussion.

People so desperately want to blame somebody other than Pat when the fact is, that loss was solely on him. Dude had the yips for the entire 2nd half after making a huge mistake at the end of the 1st. Blame him.
It wasn’t solely on him…Andy/EB wear that shit too, Chris Jones gets some of it too…in fact the entire DL.

They all wear it.
[Reply]
Page 2194 of 2688
« First < 1194169420942144218421902191219221932194 2195219621972198220422442294 > Last »
Up